Anyone else get kinda disappointed when they think about killers?

And how so many killers could be 100x better for the game with miniscule number/gameplay tweaks?

  • Trapper: Traps spawn closer to the centre of the map
  • Wraith: 1.25s uncloak boost (pls BHVR bring it back)
  • Billy: Faster cool down on over heat
  • Slinger: 0.3s ADS and wardens keys built in (not biased)
  • Spirit: MDR nerf, charge time and cooldown reduction
  • Artist: Increased repel time, decreased cooldowns, increased cooldown after firing.
  • Pinhead: 2s longer box opening time
  • Doctor: 2m more range on shock therapy
  • Myers: Reduced time to get out of T1

List goes on. I would probably be a spirit main at this point if her charge speeds were reduced because I can't stand W keyers without add ons (which is ironic considering I mainly play artist, the most W keyed killer in the game).

Also can we not with overly add on dependant killers thanks I don't have the BP to run engravings every billy game when I'm leveling up birb mom.

Comments

  • I agree with all except Pinhead and Artist.


    Artist's repel time and cool-down perfectly balanced. If you use your crows smarter, you can get hit. She already so strong and makes survivor leave loop. She does not need more. Maybe add-on pass? Sure. But her base-kit alright.


    And Pinhead nerfed for reason right? He destroyed solo survivors (he still does). Because Pinhead mains kept chain hunt forever with some add-ons and perks. Buff his chains but box is alright.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    And how so many killers could be 100x better for the game with miniscule number/gameplay tweaks?

    • Trapper: Traps spawn closer to the centre of the map
    • Wraith: 1.25s uncloak boost (pls BHVR bring it back)
    • Billy: Faster cool down on over heat
    • Slinger: 0.3s ADS and wardens keys built in (not biased)
    • Spirit: MDR nerf, charge time and cooldown reduction
    • Artist: Increased repel time, decreased cooldowns, increased cooldown after firing.
    • Pinhead: 2s longer box opening time
    • Doctor: 2m more range on shock therapy
    • Myers: Reduced time to get out of T1

    List goes on. I would probably be a spirit main at this point if her charge speeds were reduced because I can't stand W keyers without add ons (which is ironic considering I mainly play artist, the most W keyed killer in the game).

    Also can we not with overly add on dependant killers thanks I don't have the BP to run engravings every billy game when I'm leveling up birb mom.

    and twins qol.

  • I'd rather they remove the speed reduction on Myers EW1 and lunge distance.

  • I try not to think about all of the easy common sense changes that would improve the game BECAUSE it makes me feel disappointed.

  • Sorry but no thanks to some of these, slinger one especially.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    I agree with all except Pinhead and Artist.

    Artist's repel time and cool-down perfectly balanced. If you use your crows smarter, you can get hit. She already so strong and makes survivor leave loop. She does not need more. Maybe add-on pass? Sure. But her base-kit alright.

    And Pinhead nerfed for reason right? He destroyed solo survivors (he still does). Because Pinhead mains kept chain hunt forever with some add-ons and perks. Buff his chains but box is alright.

    Her cooldowns and repel time I would not say are that great, she is heavily incentivised to play in a boring way due to survivors just running forward whenever they have to repel. Survivors just zone themselves instead of playing mindgames when running away because they know how short the repel time is.

    Her crow cooldown is long enough to make lockers much more powerful than they are meant to be. You have to just watch them run towards a locker and there's really nothing you can do about it except hope they don't know about it or try and hit them before they get to it (which most of the time isn't possible).

    These are the main reasons why the best artist add ons are black tar and carrion, increased repel and reduced cooldowns.

    Her firing crow cooldown is too short and survivors get hit even if they do predict the artist correctly in some scenarios. It's the only nerf id give her.

    Personally for pinhead I don't think his box should be put in a nerfed state due to bad survivors, instead it should be buffed but made easier for soloQ. Maybe the person holding the box should have their aura revealed to all survivors for 3s added box solve time?

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    I agree with all except Pinhead and Artist.

    Artist's repel time and cool-down perfectly balanced. If you use your crows smarter, you can get hit. She already so strong and makes survivor leave loop. She does not need more. Maybe add-on pass? Sure. But her base-kit alright.

    And Pinhead nerfed for reason right? He destroyed solo survivors (he still does). Because Pinhead mains kept chain hunt forever with some add-ons and perks. Buff his chains but box is alright.

    Id like to add that pinhead destroys "inexperienced" solo survivors. Ive had plenty of games with him where I only got 1k. Sometimes none. The survivors loaded into the lobby at different times so I assume they weren't any 4 man swfs.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    And how so many killers could be 100x better for the game with miniscule number/gameplay tweaks?

    • Trapper: Traps spawn closer to the centre of the map
    • Wraith: 1.25s uncloak boost (pls BHVR bring it back)
    • Billy: Faster cool down on over heat
    • Slinger: 0.3s ADS and wardens keys built in (not biased)
    • Spirit: MDR nerf, charge time and cooldown reduction
    • Artist: Increased repel time, decreased cooldowns, increased cooldown after firing.
    • Pinhead: 2s longer box opening time
    • Doctor: 2m more range on shock therapy
    • Myers: Reduced time to get out of T1

    List goes on. I would probably be a spirit main at this point if her charge speeds were reduced because I can't stand W keyers without add ons (which is ironic considering I mainly play artist, the most W keyed killer in the game).

    Also can we not with overly add on dependant killers thanks I don't have the BP to run engravings every billy game when I'm leveling up birb mom.

    YES. Or just baseline 'starts with all traps in bag'.

    Yes.

    Sure.

    Not sure. Slinger is actually still pretty good.

    Spirit - I'd prefer baseline Stridor or something to help us hard of hearing folks.

    Artist - nah. I like her fine as is, barring a small addon pass (her second best is a Brown, and that's silly).

    Pinhead - I'd prefer something to make chains a little better.

    Doctor - killer client side validation on shocks is all he needs.

    Myers - I sort of like him as is, but he needs major help in chase. I'd prefer to see him have baseline 16m aura reading while in T3 or something.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2894048#Comment_2894048

    Her cooldowns and repel time I would not say are that great, she is heavily incentivised to play in a boring way due to survivors just running forward whenever they have to repel. Survivors just zone themselves instead of playing mindgames when running away because they know how short the repel time is.

    Her crow cooldown is long enough to make lockers much more powerful than they are meant to be. You have to just watch them run towards a locker and there's really nothing you can do about it except hope they don't know about it or try and hit them before they get to it (which most of the time isn't possible).

    These are the main reasons why the best artist add ons are black tar and carrion, increased repel and reduced cooldowns.

    Her firing crow cooldown is too short and survivors get hit even if they do predict the artist correctly in some scenarios. It's the only nerf id give her.

    Personally for pinhead I don't think his box should be put in a nerfed state due to bad survivors, instead it should be buffed but made easier for soloQ. Maybe the person holding the box should have their aura revealed to all survivors for 3s added box solve time?

    If you are using 3 crows for one hit, you will be bad with Artist. You need to catch survivor with one crow. You need to make them repel with one crow. And then your power will has smaller cooldown. And you can catch survivor with other crows again.

    Is it easy? No. Is it imposible? Ofcourse not, Nurse is still harder. Is it strong? Yes.

    Artist is fine, her cooldown and repel time are fine.

    She should not buff because somebody playing her with wrong way.


    You know which survivor is holding box and who is solving it lol. That's not "solo-q" problem. Problem is you don't know who is going to solve box. Solo survivors have not coordination. Pinhead's box is fine. His chains needs buff, not box.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I try not to think about all of the easy common sense changes that would improve the game BECAUSE it makes me feel disappointed.

    This guy gets it. It is sad to really think just how EASILY some of these changes would be for them to implement, but most of the dev team just doesn't get it. You have to be seriously invested in balance in order to care about these things. Mathieu Cote himself has even said in an interview with Paulie and The King that they stopped trying to balance everything awhile back since there are so many things in the game now it is impossible, but then you have people like me who beg to differ.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2894797#Comment_2894797

    If you are using 3 crows for one hit, you will be bad with Artist. You need to catch survivor with one crow. You need to make them repel with one crow. And then your power will has smaller cooldown. And you can catch survivor with other crows again.

    Is it easy? No. Is it imposible? Ofcourse not, Nurse is still harder. Is it strong? Yes.

    Artist is fine, her cooldown and repel time are fine.

    She should not buff because somebody playing her with wrong way.

    You know which survivor is holding box and who is solving it lol. That's not "solo-q" problem. Problem is you don't know who is going to solve box. Solo survivors have not coordination. Pinhead's box is fine. His chains needs buff, not box.

    I get that you fire 1 crow, then do follow up shots.

    If you fire 1 crow, then try to place a few others down while the survivor W keys, he just moves out of the line of fire of the other 3 until he repels. No mindgames to be had when the survivor just zones himself even after playing badly and getting hit the first time.

    You can just dodge her crows when you see them get placed, that's fine, what isn't fine is running in a straight line and never doing mindgames because her repel time is too short.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895034#Comment_2895034

    I get that you fire 1 crow, then do follow up shots.

    If you fire 1 crow, then try to place a few others down while the survivor W keys, he just moves out of the line of fire of the other 3 until he repels. No mindgames to be had when the survivor just zones himself even after playing badly and getting hit the first time.

    You can just dodge her crows when you see them get placed, that's fine, what isn't fine is running in a straight line and never doing mindgames because her repel time is too short.

    Well this is only way counter her. If they make repel longer or cool-down shorter, playing against her will be almost imposible. Her power is strong but you need to be careful while using it. She is another killer who ignoring pallets, vaults and walls.

    I still think she is alright. She can get some buffs to her add-ons but i would not touch base-kit.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2895052#Comment_2895052

    Well this is only way counter her. If they make repel longer or cool-down shorter, playing against her will be almost imposible. Her power is strong but you need to be careful while using it. She is another killer who ignoring pallets, vaults and walls.

    I still think she is alright. She can get some buffs to her add-ons but i would not touch base-kit.

    All an increased repel time would do is make it so you actually have to mindgame her in order to not get hit. A killers power shouldn't be removed just because someone can hold forward for a few seconds.

  • Hee Blight fast

  • For Artist she's fine kit wise, some add-ons are kinda meh though, especially the iridescents which i would change to have an effect like this:

    1 - A swarmed survivor's repel action is reset when disturbing a crow, The artists' birds of torment cooldowns are reset if on cooldown.

    2 - Swarmed survivors aura's are visible regardless of repelling action, locker's are no longer intractable while swarmed.


    I do miss her crow bombs though.