huh? what happened

Comments

  • They probably realised that the grades were being involved with MMR and disabled them.

  • Probably due to matchmaking tests and people still using grades as form of feedback on how the matchmaking wasn’t good.


    hopefully this time it just stays disabled

  • @MilManson said:

    They probably realised that the grades were being involved with MMR and disabled them.

    Or they just realized it doesn't matter to show it and just confused people having that on the end game result they hid them. This is what they did on the last mmr test last year

  • I can confirm that it's part of the matchmaking tests, not a bug. As for what else changed today, that will remain a mystery until later on.

  • A good change imo prob for the best as seeing everyone "ranks" or grades were could very easily be very confusing for newer players.

    See others asking quite a bit "I'm Ashe 3 rank why am I'm playing Red rankers *angry rant*"

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm that it's part of the matchmaking tests, not a bug. As for what else changed today, that will remain a mystery until later on.

    btw i played 7-8 games today and it feels good.

  • Good riddance.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm that it's part of the matchmaking tests, not a bug. As for what else changed today, that will remain a mystery until later on.

    Keep it. Don't even need the test. This is best for the game as a whole. There's not much point to seeing "how much I played this month" at an end game scoreboard. Replace the spot with character portraits, or the average emblem you've earned that round.

    my vote is character portraits.

  • Have the cheaters and bots been removed too? Otherwise I don’t really care to come back.

  • @GoshJosh said:

    Have the cheaters and bots been removed too? Otherwise I don’t really care to come back.

    Nah.

  • 8 games in 1 1/2 hour? Must be really swift games...

  • Thanks mate. Hit me up when they take action on that yeah? 😀

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2891443#Comment_2891443

    8 games in 1 1/2 hour? Must be really swift games...

    And que times are really fast right now

  • @GoshJosh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2891641#Comment_2891641

    Thanks mate. Hit me up when they take action on that yeah? 😀

    I think subtle cheaters are worse than obvious ones. You can't tell most of the time unless you go detective on it.

    But playing without crossplay on console is no better even without hackers. Game being unbalanced mess and players being toxic is enough to make you play less.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm that it's part of the matchmaking tests, not a bug. As for what else changed today, that will remain a mystery until later on.

    Hi Peanits. Just a little feedback. I know the grades don't mean "skill" anymore, but they are a cause of a lot of toxicity between the players. Please, consider the idea of making the grade visible only to the player, like it is right now!

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm that it's part of the matchmaking tests, not a bug. As for what else changed today, that will remain a mystery until later on.

    I'm going to make a prediction :)

    It's either:

    • We're matchmaking off ranks again
    • It's a placebo to see if people's perception of matchmaking improves when they can't see the ranks (people come in late in the month, see that their Ash IV is getting matched against a team of Iri 1 and freak out). The timing makes me 90% sure it's this one.

    Curious. I will say my matches have been wild this morning, but it could just be luck.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2891362#Comment_2891362

    I'm going to make a prediction :)

    It's either:

    • We're matchmaking off ranks again
    • It's a placebo to see if people's perception of matchmaking improves when they can't see the ranks (people come in late in the month, see that their Ash IV is getting matched against a team of Iri 1 and freak out). The timing makes me 90% sure it's this one.

    Curious. I will say my matches have been wild this morning, but it could just be luck.

    You mean the devs think some of us are hypocritical and wanna test us? No way!

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm that it's part of the matchmaking tests, not a bug. As for what else changed today, that will remain a mystery until later on.

    Oh a mystery!

    *Gets on the phone*

    Hey Scooby-Doo yea get the gang we got a mystery over at BHVR something strange is going on.......yea I'll bring the Scooby Snacks.

    ...

    Ahem all jokes aside, I does seem good but I have to wait til the weekend when I have more time to play, but I'm liking it and can't wait to see what else comes from this mystery.

  • Please keep that the ranks are hidden because a lot of people still thinks it's the skill based ranking which is not and crying about they facing with "red ranks".

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2891362#Comment_2891362

    I'm going to make a prediction :)

    It's either:

    • We're matchmaking off ranks again
    • It's a placebo to see if people's perception of matchmaking improves when they can't see the ranks (people come in late in the month, see that their Ash IV is getting matched against a team of Iri 1 and freak out). The timing makes me 90% sure it's this one.

    Curious. I will say my matches have been wild this morning, but it could just be luck.

    Mandy commented separately that removing the grades from the screen is something that is one of the most requested changes so it could simply be a way to test the reaction to it.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm that it's part of the matchmaking tests, not a bug. As for what else changed today, that will remain a mystery until later on.

    I say leave them off and replace them with the character portraits. Personally I’m way more interested in seeing at a glance which player was which survivor versus seeing the grades.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm that it's part of the matchmaking tests, not a bug. As for what else changed today, that will remain a mystery until later on.

    Please never bring back displaying the grades.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2891362#Comment_2891362

    I say leave them off and replace them with the character portraits. Personally I’m way more interested in seeing at a glance which player was which survivor versus seeing the grades.

    I like this idea. Ranks have been gone for what 6 months now? We still see people complain on FB that they are getting matched with red ranks at the end of the month.

    Id be down to see Portraits. There are times when I see a Steve in game and I go to post game and see a player with Renewal or Guardian and can assume . It's easy to assume at that point lol

    But, when you get higher you see the same builds (DH, DS, BT). If the grades are confusing people then just do portraits.

    They can have a post game rating on how they felt the match went as well

  • I actually played a few matches for the first time in a while and the matchmaking seemed pretty good actually. I was matched with familiar players I know have a similar number of hours and experience in the game.

  • I bet players will get disappointed as they want to see something to compare.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm that it's part of the matchmaking tests, not a bug. As for what else changed today, that will remain a mystery until later on.

    hey Peanits,can we get a confirmation on whether or not we'll know what the MMR tests were? I've seen conflicting information from the team

  • @kizuati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2891362#Comment_2891362

    hey Peanits,can we get a confirmation on whether or not we'll know what the MMR tests were? I've seen conflicting information from the team

    Yes, we will be sharing details on the tests afterwards. We've added two more tests, however, so we'll still need to go through those.

    As a heads up, we won't have all the details ready right away. We'll need some time to reflect on everything and write up a post about them, but we definitely plan to share!

  • Honestly I haven't noticed much more outside of getting more bodyblockers today.

    To everyone saying get rid of grades, would you want to see your mmr at all? Actually have it visible?

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2893637#Comment_2893637

    Yes, we will be sharing details on the tests afterwards. We've added two more tests, however, so we'll still need to go through those.

    As a heads up, we won't have all the details ready right away. We'll need some time to reflect on everything and write up a post about them, but we definitely plan to share!

    I very appreciate the transparacy, keep going this way!

  • @JamnJelly said:

    Honestly I haven't noticed much more outside of getting more bodyblockers today.

    To everyone saying get rid of grades, would you want to see your mmr at all? Actually have it visible?

    The grades are an okay showcase of skill early into the grade reset,but the longer the season goes on with you not being able to lose a grade,it's extremely misleading and too many people think of them as skill.

    It's a good idea to get rid of them and maybe replace them with portraits.

  • How it should be btw