How hard is it to add more grass on maps?
So it's clear the Dev's don't wanna give Trapper all his traps. But with that being said, how come every reworked map that comes out barely has any grass, why is it hard to add grass on maps, this would help his kit a lot better.
I get wanting to reward Trappers for not just being basic and trapping at pallets, but currently that's how it feels on 99% of the maps right now; indoor maps are a prime example, and that's fine, but why every rework do you guys nerf him more by taking away trap spots and putting grass in such random spots that become predictable and aren't traditional looping spots. Haddionfield being one of the prime examples, the grass isn't at traditional looping areas, it's just random and respectfully bad placement if you want to reward people for trapping at random this isn't how you do it the playstyle will be just trapping at pallets due to how bad the grass spots are.
Indoor maps are fine and Trapper needs at least a couple of bad maps that require you to use your brain, but every map shouldn't be a downside; it's very unproductive. It just feels with every rework you guys nerf Trapper even more by taking away the environment he so needs to be useful.
Comments
The addon that darkens the traps should instead create rubble, patches of grass, or whatever there is used on that specific map to disguise the traps.
That way his power wouldn´t feel completely useless on certain maps. But then again, since the maps are random or require the killer to use a offering... its hard to plan for those indoor maps.
That's actually a really solid idea holy crap never thought of that.
Imagine being on hawking's in the past and there was just a random grass patch because he placed a trap 😂 that would give me a chuckle lol
As for you OP, not hard at all. I just feel they forget about trapper needing to hide traps but then they dont balance for a high level and iv seen "casuals" as people call them go into the same trap multiple times haha
I was thinking the same, it's almost like the Dev's think he's OP because casuals lose to baby Trappers honestly.
I forget what devs actually call it, assets? Or something? I'm not sure but they should have things stored to allow a copy paste mechanic.
Lots of games have them and I cant imagine DBD not storing these as they use the same cars, barrels, tiles etc.
So yeah id assume just an over sight, should be easily adjustable if they wanted to go that extra mile
Hopefully on a few reworks it just feels like he's been either Forgotten or they legit believe he's OP.
He does get a rough average of a 2k, so hes playing hockey well
Or make it a camouflage net that looks similar to the floor tiles. Playing Trapper on the Artists map is quite painful. He really needs something that disguises his traps. So instead of only being able to spam traps around the main building or the shack, he could use them "openly".
I remember a match from a long time ago. Where i set a trap in a random patch of grass near the exit gate. A survivor actually stepped in it and after the match he was like: "who the hell places a trap there?!" That made me chuckle. Its the unexpected thats fun.
That last bit is me when trappers run self arming traps.
There be a trap in the middle of no where with no strategic thought and snap, like come on whys there a trap there 😂
But I defo agree, sadly it has to work on all maps so they'd have to design a separate thing per map for it to work.
Still hate trapper though, just making that clear... screw evan
I'd love that. I love Trapper but he's absolute pain on so many maps
I think it is optimization issues. All reworked maps feel more empty, with less trees, less rocks, less grass and other things.
I doubt grass was causing lag as it was already low res to begin with but if you're correct than something should be done.
Oh i also get paranoid when playing against Trapper. Every patch of grass, every window, every door could have a trap. He´s one of the few killers that scare me in this regard.
But thats a good thing. Like jump scare Myers!
Not a good thing, evil thing, evil trapper.... haunts my dreams :(
I honestly feel it's the fact theres nothing I can do, it's either theres a trap or not 😂 and my luck is dreadful so you know theres a damn trap lol.
Dont mind any other killer but grr, I curse evan every time 😂
It should just make traps more translucent.
That's a good idea would be nice for them to "blend" more with the Environment.
I do believe assets like the moving grass did indeed hurt frames on weaker PCs and in particular on last gen consoles. Makes sense they've greatly reduced their usage, but yeah it hurts Trapper and Hag.
Agreed.
It is already hard to hide traps. It is funny that sometimes the dumbest traps works the best.
There are plenty of places to hide traps other than grass. Go load a custom with a friend on Asylum, go inside the Ward and place traps in the ash. BAM, trap fully hidden, no grass.
Then load up Haddonfield and start looking for similar spots.
You dont need grass for Trapper to work. Eyrie of Crows is the only exception to this rule, as sandpiles are part of the floor and not decals.