I feel everything should just be put on hold to fix hacker/cheater problem
Title.
While I'm aware every department works on separate issues this is kinda a joke how freely people can cheat...
While I'm no mastermind at coding surely it's not hard to track people that are obviously hacking and then those more subtle ones using more than 4 perks or just straight up moving faster with no active effects or perks helping them?
Is a system that hard to code where it keeps track of the perks in play and then evaluates the game as its played?
Comments
Oh another hacker, completing every gen in a second, sabotaged every hook in the match forever, insta heals, teleporting....
Yeah that's really hard to make a system to stop -.-
That cost money and BHVR has made it crystal clear that that is off the table
Now which of the 38 new skins we created do you want to pay $10 for?
No, I want to buy more skins.
Why should people stop doing their job cause some others dont get their job done?
Turn cross play off. If you're on PC then check profiles and leave if they're sus. Killer queues are so fast that it's easy to dodge sus lobbies.
You mean wait an hour for 1 game? Yeah that's not a solution...
It doesn't take an hour, no need to exaggerate.
Forum after that: OMG it barely matters there are hackers cuz survivors too OP :(
They have financial targets they wish to meet, so they are going to prioritise that over everything else and will do something big only if it affects their ability to bring in cash. Which at this rate it is going to start affecting their bottom line, so they will do something to protect that revenue stream
Stop to talk about cheaters as if there was one in every trials. I rarely face one...
So... because of your subjective experience we should all just pretend there is no issue?
FYI: Cheaters tend to be in high MMR so if you are low MMR/skill level you will rarely see them
I'm playing high MMR since the SBMM release, have faced like 2 or 3 cheaters (obvious one) in maybe 500 hours...
There are not more cheaters than in any other games, sure it is annoying, sure they must improve the anticheat but you act as if you face cheaters 80% of the time while it is not even 1% of the time...
I clearly know the ppl whining because they get outplayed and call the opponent cheaters, it happens in every game.
Lucky for you, that's not my experience.
And I dont expect to verse obvious hackers regardless, a system should easily be able to track these people.
Edit: but you're right I'm obviously just getting outplayed with 0 hooks on the map and survivor teleporting and insta healing... silly me ๐
Interestingly, the majority of the whining I see is from survivors not killers. But the majority of cheaters I have seen on streams or in person were survivors. Not that there aren't cheats on both sides.
Not sure how you determine that you are high MMR either but I will just take your word for that one...
Yeah, it sucks. But it's rarer than it was a bit back and...I hate to tell you this, but you can't really 'fix' hacking. Not these days - hacking games has become so profitable and obfuscation so sophisticated that even megacompanies like ActiBlizz and Epic have tons of hackers, despite their expensive proprietary anti-cheats.
Right now, if you can afford $100 a month, you can buy a hacking suite for the game of your choice and can probably evade bans for a long time unless you're overt. For 5x that, you can often get a completely undetectable private hack.
Unfortunately, this isn't something that people have really found a fix for - aside from where it's possible to sue or prosecute the hack developers.
Then they should allow us to pick each and every platform we wish to play with...
I could honestly quite happily just avoid PC players. Yeah it sucks I even want that but in the end itd result in a better gaming experience for me. If I could turn crossplay off for pc only boom.
Sounds great!
When I want easier games, I'll just set it to pair me against Nintendo consoles only :).
(In all seriousness, I don't think this is possible from a technical standpoint).
Forgot those players existed ๐ and it certainly is possible I just doubt they would do it, afterall the PC had the lowest player count before crossplay.
I just dont wanna verse cheaters, a man just wants to game yano? It's bad enough I have to deal with DCs or just unbalanced stuff, adding hackers is just salt in a wound during the day
I agree. Hackers suck.
However, punishing all PC players because a tiny minority hacks or allowing people to deliberately isolate weak consoles for easy games strikes me as a case of the cure being worse than the disease.
I mean you could just group them in with console players so they arent stand alone?
But see this is what put me off pc gaming, I never get why anyone would hack in a game... my last match they destroyed every hook and just had insta heals etc. Like what's the point?