Why does Agitation increase your Terror Radius?

I've been trying to figure that out. It increases it by 12m, but... why? This perk predates Starstruck, so there must be some reasoning behind it existing. What for? What's its purpose?

Comments

  • Thematically, it’s the growing excitement of the killer being exuded as a palpable killing aura. They have someone on their back they’re about to get to hook.

  • For big #### energy builds on doctor with terror radius add ons and distressing

  • Unnerving presence.

  • Agi is one of the first perks ever added to the game, there is no good reason they kinda just decided it would be that way.

  • This was back in the days when survivors would be scared of the killer and do anything to avoid getting hit but now with the advent of the second chance perks terror radius means nothing anymore.

  • @SkeletalElite said:

    Agi is one of the first perks ever added to the game, there is no good reason they kinda just decided it would be that way.

    Pretty much this, at the begining people hearing the TR would stop doing anything and go hide, now the TR isnt as scary as it used to be but it has good synergy with certain perks so it was left this way, not that a small TR has much use when carrying a Survivor anyway.

  • @Jay_Whyask said:

    Unnerving presence.

    Both perks are from the trapper. I think that's the idea they were shooting for. Very few killers benefit from an increased terror radius. Such as Doc. The increase speed can be pretty good just not good enough to take of a more meta perk.

  • I imagine the intent was that the larger TR would intimidate Survivors into backing off sooner than was necessary. Nowadays, it's quite uneccesary unless you are actively comboing it with something cares about having a larger TR like Starstruck.

  • I never really thought about it till you've said this lol

    Like I'd imagine if Agitation was created now, it would definitely not have this.

  • I just want everyone to know I am about to hook this bag of potatos

  • I didn't even know Agitation increased your terror radius. It's a very old perk (one of the original perks, as a matter of fact) so it was probably designed that way just because.

  • trappers other perk makes skill checks smaller when you're in terror radius range, so i assume they were made to work in tandem together, since trapper was the very first killer