This killer meta is so boring

I know what 90% of the killers will have: bbq, pain resonance and dead man's switch. Every game is the same, see a downed one, stop working on the gen cause pain resonance, if you know you are safe continue without triggering dead man's if not leave the gen, rinse and repeat. There's a counter to it and not always its a successful build, it's a strong one but if you know what you're doing its easily countered.

The thing is, I'm not even complaining it's strong or unfair it's just SO BORING and repetitive cause its game after game :/

SURPRISE ME KILLERS

Comments

  • Both metas are boring and when they barely change it usually requires something completely broken by every means to even enter the meta

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    Killer meta have more perks than survivors.

    Survivor meta: IW, DH, DS, SB, UB, CoH

    Killer meta: Ruin, Undying, Tinkerer, PR, DMS, Pop, BBQ, Corrupt, Deadlock, Pentimento, Plaything etc.

    For me survivor meta more boring. Because always same perks.

    You forgot some survivor meta perks: BT, Windows of opportunity

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2868388#Comment_2868388

    Lol, if u had read the whole text you would've read its easy to counter, not saying teams cant overcome it, if you're smart its easy to counter, its just boring

    On a killer like Blight or Nurse, it is way too strong in public matches. If you don't think so, it means you only play in a 4 man SWF.

  • @Aurelle said:

    The survivor meta is also boring because it's always the same perks: Dead Hard, Circle Of Healing, Borrowed Time, Decisive Strike, etc.

    I've seen more killers bring a variety of perks, meanwhile survivors still run the same 4 perks every match.

    This could be because Survivor is essentially a single character with skins while Killer is multiple, proper characters.

    In other words: Pick any Survivor character. Put all perks on them. Level up to get new perks as needed.

    For Killer you need to level multiple characters, which takes forever. Most players likely have 1 or 2 Killers that they have good perks on and when they want to switch it up they have access to only few good perks.

    🦆🦂

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2869325#Comment_2869325

    On a killer like Blight or Nurse, it is way too strong in public matches. If you don't think so, it means you only play in a 4 man SWF.

    I'm a solo player, and if the randoms know what they are doing its easy to counter, but unfortunately there are some than even after noticing those perks they dont leave the gen smh

  • @killer_hugs said:

    i've been running onryo with bbq + make your choice + nurses calling and corrupt intervention. took me to rank 1 with all games being double pip or close to it. she has so much map presence that with the right addons (bloody fingernails) you can guarantee the first hit on projection and if you can't down them soon just project to another gen, hit, project to another gen, hit, and eventually you'll catch them healing with nurses calling which i think is the best addon with her because literally nowhere on the map is safe when she's projecting everywhere and staying stealthy when she's not.

    If a killer needs addons to be functional it's honestly broken in a bad way.

    Killers who don't need addons to be able to play well are the balanced ones.

  • @MilManson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2869330#Comment_2869330

    If a killer needs addons to be functional it's honestly broken in a bad way.

    Killers who don't need addons to be able to play well are the balanced ones.

    Wouldnt it be the opposite? wouldnt they be OP if they didnt need addons to give them an extra boost?

  • @MilManson said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2869330#Comment_2869330

    If a killer needs addons to be functional it's honestly broken in a bad way.

    Killers who don't need addons to be able to play well are the balanced ones.

    The problem is that if a Killer is balanced without add-ons they will be too strong with add-ons. As most add-ons have no downside and just make you stronger.

    🦆🦂

  • What will really surprise me is when I can run non meta perks and not be teabagged and clicked at on the way out. I think I'd rather win than worry about "surprising" anyone.

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870098#Comment_2870098

    Wouldnt it be the opposite? wouldnt they be OP if they didnt need addons to give them an extra boost?

    No because killers without addons are hindered and the player has to make up for it.

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2870080#Comment_2870080

    I'm a solo player, and if the randoms know what they are doing its easy to counter, but unfortunately there are some than even after noticing those perks they dont leave the gen smh

    I think that is more of the killer not being that good.

  • So you enjoy playing lobby simulator at night?

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    I rather have a ruin-undying killer that will make me go around looking for totems than just sit and wait at the gens.

    I could say the same about survivors there are SO MANY perks that you would consider meta, there's more variety in survivors than killers nowadays. I would've agreed a few months ago, but now most killers run that basic build

    "More variety on the survivor side" actually not

    20220305_143904.jpg


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I really dislike the current killer meta. Not the direction the game should be going IMO. I get that the skill gap between the top and mid to low end is a problem, but a strong auto-pilot/training wheels meta is A: not fun to face and B: completely busted in the hands of a skilled killer. I had two games in a row tonight that I 4k'd at 5 gens with Agitation/Pain Resonance.

    The synergy between Pain Res/DMS is problematic because the only counterplay is to not do a gen for a brief period. That can't be the intended design. I get off a gen for 10 seconds, watch it blow up (which the killer sees), and then get chased off to proc DMS. This is braindead gameplay.

    It’s not autopilot, you have to get downs and pressure gens, which is the core of killer gameplay. Doing that vs 4xDH, DS, unbreakable etc is far from autopilot, and if you can’t do it? The perks do next to nothing.

    Atleast killer meta isn’t packed with perks which reward them for playing poorly. If a survivor messes up they just have to press a button - that’s autopilot. Want to unhook even in a bad situation? Just bring BT. Play like lemon? Doesn’t matter, DS will save you.

    As for counterplay, all you have to do is let go of the gen before the killer hooks and then determine whether or not it’s safe to continue working. Not only is that easy counterplay but it’s effective too.

  • BBQ meta?

    LOL

    we run BBQ on every killer for the points, blame the grind not the perk.

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    I know what 90% of the killers will have: bbq, pain resonance and dead man's switch. Every game is the same, see a downed one, stop working on the gen cause pain resonance, if you know you are safe continue without triggering dead man's if not leave the gen, rinse and repeat. There's a counter to it and not always its a successful build, it's a strong one but if you know what you're doing its easily countered.

    The thing is, I'm not even complaining it's strong or unfair it's just SO BORING and repetitive cause its game after game :/

    SURPRISE ME KILLERS

    funny how you mentioned that the killer meta is boring (which i partially agree but you know, if you don't play with those perks you'll be curbstomped even from bad survivors) but the survivor meta is the same from 6 years... also i'm sorry to disappoint you but i see more variety from the killers than survivors (dead hard, dead hard everywhere...)

  • I mean that built is only really decent on like Artist or Doctor. Obviously it's a viable built on other killers but there's much more fun and better builds out there.

  • You kidding? I'm having massive fun with pinhead using lethal pursuer, BBQ, plaything and pentimento. Chain hunt up almost all the time and survivors running around like headless hens trying to find all the totems and wrestle control of the box. Priceless.

    But yeah, kinda odd to see a survivor main talking about how the killers are not amusing them.

    I mean I can't even play Bubba without camping because all I see from the survivors are scratch marks 8 seconds old. Talk about boring.

  • @Chaos999 said:

    You kidding? I'm having massive fun with pinhead using lethal pursuer, BBQ, plaything and pentimento. Chain hunt up almost all the time and survivors running around like headless hens trying to find all the totems and wrestle control of the box. Priceless.

    But yeah, kinda odd to see a survivor main talking about how the killers are not amusing them.

    I mean I can't even play Bubba without camping because all I see from the survivors are scratch marks 8 seconds old. Talk about boring.

    Wait so, we are supposed to stay super close from Bubba when hes a fast as fak boi? We run to gain some distance and find a pallet or something because once he's in a good possition tocharge the chainsaw is pretty much game over for the survivor, if you are caught in an open area you're doomed, so yeah, I dont see how you'd expect the survivor to stay close to you when he realises you're there?

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877053#Comment_2877053

    Wait so, we are supposed to stay super close from Bubba when hes a fast as fak boi? We run to gain some distance and find a pallet or something because once he's in a good possition tocharge the chainsaw is pretty much game over for the survivor, if you are caught in an open area you're doomed, so yeah, I dont see how you'd expect the survivor to stay close to you when he realises you're there?

    Agreed. Like you said. Hold W is the current meta against Bubba. Is efficient and the smart thing to do. It's also mind numbing boring for the killer. But the survivors don't factor the killer's fun into their strategy, do they?

    So why the survivors expect the killers to entertain them? See the problem there?

    My simple solution is to not play Bubba anymore unless I'm the mood for some camping. Instead I either play to win with strong, "boring" killers, such as pyramid head, artist, plague or spirit stacked with 4x Gen slowdown. Or play to goof and BP farm with torturer pinhead, pallet surprise wraith or get off my porch trapper.

    Haven't found fun builds for nemesis, Sadako or blight sadly.

    What would you consider a fun build for those, including BBQ, for BP?

  • @Chaos999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877193#Comment_2877193

    Agreed. Like you said. Hold W is the current meta against Bubba. Is efficient and the smart thing to do. It's also mind numbing boring for the killer. But the survivors don't factor the killer's fun into their strategy, do they?

    So why the survivors expect the killers to entertain them? See the problem there?

    My simple solution is to not play Bubba anymore unless I'm the mood for some camping. Instead I either play to win with strong, "boring" killers, such as pyramid head, artist, plague or spirit stacked with 4x Gen slowdown. Or play to goof and BP farm with torturer pinhead, pallet surprise wraith or get off my porch trapper.

    Haven't found fun builds for nemesis, Sadako or blight sadly.

    What would you consider a fun build for those, including BBQ, for BP?

    that applies to every single killer, not just bubba, we obviously will run away from the killer if they are near us, you're telling me it's super fun to have a surivor infront of you and dont do a single chase and down them in 1 second? im sure if we all spawned on the hook it would also be super fun for you.

    The very basis of this game is to find a survivor and kill them, but apparently when you have actual information on where they are, a literal trace of where they are heading is boring, ok.

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2877298#Comment_2877298

    that applies to every single killer, not just bubba, we obviously will run away from the killer if they are near us, you're telling me it's super fun to have a surivor infront of you and dont do a single chase and down them in 1 second? im sure if we all spawned on the hook it would also be super fun for you.

    The very basis of this game is to find a survivor and kill them, but apparently when you have actual information on where they are, a literal trace of where they are heading is boring, ok.

    Well. Seems like you are just being purposely obtuse, which is a shame.

    Since you are simply using hyperbolic arguments I will just clarify my meaning. No, I do not enjoy potato survivors that give me easy downs and kills. I enjoy chasing as much as the next killer. Running away when the killer is still 8+ seconds away and then vanishing into the bush or running to a double window tile is not partaking of a chase, is refusing to interact with the killer. It's also smart and efficient and a great way to win for survivors. Still dull.

    Point clarified, I do not expect you to answer sensibly though, so, toodles, and may your pallet always strike true. And first!

1 2 ›