Why do we have to reinstall the whole game everytime there's an update?
A 200mb update that should take 5m at best,turns into an 1hr wait.
I've played other games and everytime there's an update I didn't have to reinstall the whole game first and took betwen 5-10 minutes even if it was an update over 1gb.
I know the dbd code is spaghetti but is it really that hard to fix this?
Comments
They actually are working on improving it. They restructured how updates worked a couple patches ago and iirc there’s more to come.
Took me like 2 mins on my laptop.
25 mins aprox on mine
They're working on fixing it but I still wanna funpost.
Canadian company plz understan.
Was like 5 mins on my console, thought they already changed this issue?
They already restructured the updates on Steam. The Devs can't do anything about your hard drive speed.
Just uninstall & reinstall.
That's faster until their fix is in
Yeah,actually lol.
Sadly Steam only for the time being. Everywhere else still has to reinstall the entire game, though you're right that they're working on implementing this onto other platforms too.
I thought that reinstalling the whole game was a one time thing for Steam?
definitley not happening for me in Steam and Switch, vorher updated prett quickly.