It's pretty interesting that we are in a 'Boon' meta when totems have never been easier to cleanse
*I am aware that most of these cleansing tools also work with locating boons*
With Maps/Small Game/Counterforce/Detective's Hunch, there are many possible ways to slot some form of totem hunting into most viable builds....Solo and SWF alike (I use DH as solo, occasionally).
Just a funny thought I had, particularly with all the recent NOED discussions.
Comments
On a tangent Boons also opened up a new potential perk design space for killer perks that interact with Boon totems. For instance, a perk that lets killers hear Boons from farther away and/or highlights their auras within a certain range. Or that gives the killer some extra benefit after snuffing a Boon, like a speed boost or seeing the auras of survivors or exposing the survivor who placed the Boon, etc. Or a perk that temporarily blocks all totems when a Boon is snuffed or when a Hex totem is destroyed.
So far the only perk we’ve gotten along those lines is Hex: Pentimento but I think there are some interesting other avenues to explore in that area.
Because COH is so strong that it mostly outweighs any benefit of cleansing a totem unless it's a hex totem.
If they nerf COH to the point where it's not meta anymore, we won't be in a boon meta anymore and things will mostly go back to the way they were prior to October (at least in regards to totems).
Totems have never been hard to cleanse to begin with? Well except for those bugged Totem spots of course.
it was always just a problem (and still is) that the current state regarding totems is widening the gap between soloq and swf and boons haven’t changed this. Actually made it worse as now survs may get angry at others for cleansing…
Boon strong , it should get nerfed.
Just wish they turned the blue hue down a little bit
I imagine NOED is coming back in style because of boons. Hit and run tactics don't work anymore so you need to drop survivors in one crack and survivors no longer wish to break totems because then their boobs won't work so NOED is shielded.
I never liked using NOED but now on M1 killers, I don't scoff at the idea of me using NOED because of boons. Even if the survivors break it after I drop one person, it's common all I need to do is drop one person for it to start to snowball in my favor in the EGC.
I don't have an issue with the speed. I take issue with (a) it can be relit again and again, and (b) it applies to all the survivors, from just one perk!!
If they removed either of those two attributes, I think I might be fine with it
If you're gonna make a change at least make it scale consistently. 25/35/45 or 40/45/50
Only drop the speed to 40/45/50 but make it so that only the boon setter can self care in it.
With all that set up time just for one person to be able to self heal, you would probably be better off running self care.
Even a relatively small change like making it so the Boon isn't highlighted blue for all of the survivors would make it more balanced.
Should be 0/1/2%
That would only have a significant impact on solo players. SWFs would be largely unaffected.
It’s the same reason why perks like Third Seal are largely inconsistent and not good