I was flamed for cleansing totems by another survivor.

I got so sick and tired of seeing NOED and decided to do what every killer told me to do on the forums. DO BONES.

So I did.

I went around the map, cleansed every hex/dull totem I could find and one Mikaela came up to me and started to point at me profusely.

Then at end game, she started going off about "why'd you cleanse totems when boons are meta" "You're trash" "You ruined the entire match for everyone" and etc.


So, I DON'T cleanse totems and get flamed by killers, when I DO cleanse them, I get flamed by survivors.

WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO FREAKIN' DO???

Comments

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    I got so sick and tired of seeing NOED and decided to do what every killer told me to do on the forums. DO BONES.

    So I did.

    I went around the map, cleansed every hex/dull totem I could find and one Mikaela came up to me and started to point at me profusely.

    Then at end game, she started going off about "why'd you cleanse totems when boons are meta" "You're trash" "You ruined the entire match for everyone" and etc.

    So, I DON'T cleanse totems and get flamed by killers, when I DO cleanse them, I get flamed by survivors.

    WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO FREAKIN' DO???

    I would say ignore them if they really wanted to boon they would've done it way before you cleansed one also in the future I would say leave one totem if you don't want the boon: hex offender's to complain(although I can see them complaining either way)

  • When I do play solo, I'll try to preserve totems if there are any Mikaela's in my team since 99% of them bring boons. I'll only start cleansing totems once it's close to end-game. However, if I notice that a boon or several boons are already set up, I'll start cleansing other dull totems and let the boon-users (or myself) use the same totems regardless of how far we are into the trial.

    However, it's a lot easier in a SWF since we'll start cleansing all of the totems once there's 1 gen left and only leave one totem left so we can at least use the boons at end-game.

  • They have time to set up a boon before you cleanse them all ideally u should leave one in a central location just in case and only cleanse it right before the last gen pops

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    Don’t cleanse all the totems. Just take note of where they are in case noed comes into play.

    Noed needs to be reworked. Cleansing all the totems is not practical counterplay to prevent something that the killer may not have and actively hurts the boon economy in a meta where coh is extremely common. (And I’m not implying coh is balanced; it’s not, just speaking objectively here.) Add onto that the fact that Pentimento exists.

    But yeah. Imo, cleansing totems is a waste of time unless it’s a hex or you’re running a perk that requires a cleanse (eg. clairvoyance).

    COH is the one need changes.

  • Can't say I agree with the flaming part but CoH is so massively powerful that, yeah, I'd be upset if my teammates destroyed any chance we had at getting that boost.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    So many contradicting advice from multiple sources... I dunno who to follow anymore...

    Here's some real advice play how you want and f everyone else. You wanna cleanse then cleanse it's all good. If you don't want too then don't. The games better when you play for you and have fun.

  • I always note where totems are and always leave one just in case and cleanse the rest. If a random MIchaela wants to #########, that's fine, I give 2 damns lol

  • @MilManson said:

    Pentimento is so useless, it tells the survivors when the killer has activated it.

    That's why you use Plaything with it.

    4 totems and you either play Oblivious or the killer always rekindles a totem qhich could be any of those 4

  • Break the bones if you want to. I break any bones I come across, and I don't feel the least bit conflicted about it. If someone runs up while I am cleansing, I'll pause for a minute to see if they want to boon it, but if not, I just carry on cleansing.

    TBH, I am not a fan of the CoH meta. I also hate NOED (and Undying might also be in play). So it's win-win as far as I am concerned.

  • Why the hell did you even create this forum thread if you don't want to listen or understand.

    Everyone says: don't destroy totems because of COH or Pentimento. Just remember where the totems are, maybe the killer doesn't even have NoED.

    You: But I want and will do totems.

  • Do bones was right for a long time, but times have changed. As simple as that.

  • @fogdonkey said:

    Why the hell did you even create this forum thread if you don't want to listen or understand.

    Everyone says: don't destroy totems because of COH or Pentimento. Just remember where the totems are, maybe the killer doesn't even have NoED.

    You: But I want and will do totems.

    This post is particularly amusing given the title of the thread.

1 2 ›