They changed Demo again at some point and nobody noticed

Do you remember when you wanted to use Shred, but you clicked the button a tiny bit early so it resulted in a lunge attack? Well, not any more, since now it cancels the attack, exactly like Huntress's hatchets.

I wonder when it was changed, I didn't see anybody talking about this, not patch notes, nothing.

Comments

  • Omfg no way bug or not this is beautiful

  • I'm certain it was always like that. You have to listen, the moment demo starts making its hissing sound is when you can lunge. If you try to lunge before it starts hissing it'll just cancel and it'll be a basic M1.

  • @BlackRabies said:

    I'm certain it was always like that. You have to listen, the moment demo starts making its hissing sound is when you can lunge. If you try to lunge before it starts hissing it'll just cancel and it'll be a basic M1.

    Well, that's why I'm making this post, since it no longer forces you to lunge if you release it too early.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    That's great if true. Possibly why his shred daily is bugged

    That's exactly how I noticed it, played Demo today to finish his daily, but no progress gained after I finished it, not sure how something like this shred bug could happen tho.

  • Demo is absolutely bugged right now.

    I've played three matches to check, and the problems were fairly consistent across the board:

    • Trying to shed will often result in a half-lunge M1
    • Trying to let go of Shed will often result in getting stuck in the "hold Shred" animation
    • Trying to cancel Shred into M1 will almost always result in letting go of Shred, no M1 included.
    • Portals are being very selective over where they will allow themselves to be placed, to the point of going through the entire animation, with no portal spawning at the end.
    • The Shred daily, as many know, is not completing properly. In fact, it is retaining no progress whatsoever!
  • I wonder if that is why his shred daily won't progress. Shred is broken so can't complete daily.

  • @BlackRabies said:

    I'm certain it was always like that. You have to listen, the moment demo starts making its hissing sound is when you can lunge. If you try to lunge before it starts hissing it'll just cancel and it'll be a basic M1.

    It always m1'd until now I guess. Idk I havent played demo in months but it being cancelled instead of m1'ing so you lose distance is so much better.

  • @bm33 said:

    I wonder if that is why his shred daily won't progress. Shred is broken so can't complete daily.

    Yeah it doesn’t matter if you charge the shred long enough, it won’t count anything

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    Do you remember when you wanted to use Shred, but you clicked the button a tiny bit early so it resulted in a lunge attack? Well, not any more, since now it cancels the attack, exactly like Huntress's hatchets.

    I wonder when it was changed, I didn't see anybody talking about this, not patch notes, nothing.

    It's been like that for as long as I can remember.

  • Thats good indeed i were tired of m1 instead of lunge.

  • @CryptFriend said:

    Demo is absolutely bugged right now.

    I've played three matches to check, and the problems were fairly consistent across the board:

    • Trying to shed will often result in a half-lunge M1
    • Trying to let go of Shed will often result in getting stuck in the "hold Shred" animation
    • Trying to cancel Shred into M1 will sinister always result in letting go of Shred, no M1 included.
    • Portals are being very selective over where they will allow themselves to be placed, to the point of going through the entire animation, with no portal spawning at the end.
    • The Shred daily, as many know, is not completing properly. I'm fact, it is retaining no progress whatsoever!

    I knew something was wrong when i watched my buddy play him