Killer “fun to play as” tier list (with Sadako)

BBDA79F5-E63D-4237-8FEB-6E00B1F9F109.jpeg

Haven’t done one of these in a while and with Sadako out, I thought I should make a new one of these. There’s not a specific order within the tiers by the way.

Comments

  • Ppl who don’t get your falling out with artist are gonna be real confused.

  • @Tr1nity said:

    Ppl who don’t get your falling out with artist are gonna be real confused.

    Oh ######### I forgot I used to have a thing for her. Well those days are long gone.

  • I cant stand to see Oni that low :(

  • @SomberNokk said:

    I cant stand to see Oni that low :(

    Oni would be fun but I’m just so awful with him 😭

  • I understood your feels for Artist. First day, she was my new fav killer. I bought her ice skin because she was very fun (i am stupid) and after 2 weeks i bored so much. Now i am not even playing her once at week, except daily missions.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851715#Comment_2851715

    Oh ######### I forgot I used to have a thing for her. Well those days are long gone.

    Just a one night stand, huh?

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    I understood your feels for Artist. First day, she was my new fav killer. I bought her ice skin because she was very fun (i am stupid) and after 2 weeks i bored so much. Now i am not even playing her once at week, except daily missions.

    I bought her black skin with shards and that was a mistake. I really just don’t like playing her anymore.

    Yeah my love for Artist didn’t last long lol.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851756#Comment_2851756

    I bought her black skin with shards and that was a mistake. I really just don’t like playing her anymore.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851767#Comment_2851767

    Yeah my love for Artist didn’t last long lol.

    That seems to be a common sentiment; I'vestopped seeing her entirely.

    I'm not super sad about it tbh, but I kinda did enjoy facing her more than Blight.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The Twins? Tolerable? Are you sure?

    I kinda find them fun to play a little bit, please don’t crucify me.

    @lauraa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851772#Comment_2851772

    That seems to be a common sentiment; I'vestopped seeing her entirely.

    I'm not super sad about it tbh, but I kinda did enjoy facing her more than Blight.

    Yeah I’m glad I don’t see her more often. I eventually found her counterplay put me to sleep.

  • A fellow Pinhead enjoyer

    You have my undying respect.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    A fellow Pinhead enjoyer

    You have my undying respect.

    Oh yeah I really like him!

  • Being a Spirit enjoyer: good

    Not being a Trickster, Oni, Legion, Piggy, or Nemesis enjoyer: Goodn't

  • @DoritoHead said:

    Being a Spirit enjoyer: good

    Not being a Trickster, Oni, Legion, Piggy, or Nemesis enjoyer: Goodn't

    As long as you talk good about Spirit then I accept it :)

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851820#Comment_2851820

    As long as you talk good about Spirit then I accept it :)

    Am I still allowed to stan Steve Harrington

  • Of course! I want people to like whoever they want to!

  • I would just have 3 tiers:

    'really fun', 'ok i guess', 'don't play at all'

    Yes, spirit is in the really fun tier, but third in position. Don't know where to place sadako yet though

  • I see it more like this:

    killer fun rank.png

    Hag would be higher if she wasn't broken. (Has been for months now)

  • @GannTM said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ZQ9U0UJZLIYA/bbda79f5-e63d-4237-8feb-6e00b1f9f109.jpeg

    Haven’t done one of these in a while and with Sadako out, I thought I should make a new one of these. There’s not a specific order within the tiers by the way.

    You and I are...very different people.

    Here's mine: Top to bottom, and left to right within each tier.

    my-image.png


  • @drsoontm said:

    I see it more like this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KIA0WLXLMQJE/killer-fun-rank.png

    Hag would be higher if she wasn't broken. (Has been for months now)

    Acceptable

  • Looking at all the rankings posted here (great thread idea btw), it's interesting to see how different all our tastes in killers are.

    Another though is that we don't despise many killers, even if we don't all agree on which ones.

    Essentially, it means BHVR has mostly succeeded in making fun killers.

    If we get more rankings, it would be interesting to compile the results. I'd have to be perfectly awake to think of a good way to merge them.

  • @drsoontm said:

    Looking at all the rankings posted here (great thread idea btw), it's interesting to see how different all our tastes in killers are.

    Another though is that we don't despise many killers, even if we don't all agree on which ones.

    Essentially, it means BHVR has mostly succeeded in making fun killers.

    If we get more rankings, it would be interesting to compile the results. I'd have to be perfectly awake to think of a good way to merge them.

    Everyone having different tastes in certain killers is great. It shows how unique we are.

  • She's fun, but I struggle with her audio as I cannot hear properly in my right ear - so I sort of have to predict where people are going.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    I understood your feels for Artist. First day, she was my new fav killer. I bought her ice skin because she was very fun (i am stupid) and after 2 weeks i bored so much. Now i am not even playing her once at week, except daily missions.

    I think everyone who didn't hate her from launch had this reaction overall to her. I was in the camp that hated her during the PTB, hated her on launch (boy that was a rough week), and hate her still, even more so now that there's the fear of every Artist player out there using Dead Man's Switch and basically getting to freely face camp 3/4 of a hook timer while still pressuring gens to a point where almost nothing can be done.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851899#Comment_2851899

    She's fun, but I struggle with her audio as I cannot hear properly in my right ear - so I sort of have to predict where people are going.

    That’s why I’m still baffled why they removed Father’s Glasses. The add on is fair and is great for people that have a hard time hearing.

  • @ManyAchievables said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851756#Comment_2851756

    I think everyone who didn't hate her from launch had this reaction overall to her. I was in the camp that hated her during the PTB, hated her on launch (boy that was a rough week), and hate her still, even more so now that there's the fear of every Artist player out there using Dead Man's Switch and basically getting to freely face camp 3/4 of a hook timer while still pressuring gens to a point where almost nothing can be done.

    Luckily I haven’t played against an Artist that did that but I still fear the day I do.

  • unnamed.png

    Hmmm, I wanna say something like this? Not really even worth mentioning the rest of the killers imo.

    @egg_ said:

    I would just have 3 tiers:

    'really fun', 'ok i guess', 'don't play at all'

    Yes, spirit is in the really fun tier, but third in position. Don't know where to place sadako yet though

    Yeah that's kinda where I am at. I got my handful of killers and everyone else are there for daily quests. I am over Sadako already. Even if there is some super secret way to play her that I just cannot comprehend yet, I just can't be assed. Myers / Ghostface you just get the straight up down when you sneak up on someone.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851919#Comment_2851919

    Luckily I haven’t played against an Artist that did that but I still fear the day I do.

    It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Anticipate the PR from the hook, eat the first bird then let go. The only thing that grinds my gears is getting an unlucky skill check right as I let go.

    The trick to beating DMS is to know where multiple gens are, and to rotate if one gets shut down. This will result in it taking longer to do gens, but if you play right you'll be able to pop multiple gens very close to each other thanks to the 'dam' effect.

    Keep in mind that she cannot launch birds from a close proximity to the hook, meaning that there is usually an avenue of approach to free people.

    A facecamping Bubba or Myers is way more scary.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851923#Comment_2851923

    It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Anticipate the PR from the hook, eat the first bird then let go. The only thing that grinds my gears is getting an unlucky skill check right as I let go.

    The trick to beating DMS is to know where multiple gens are, and to rotate if one gets shut down. This will result in it taking longer to do gens, but if you play right you'll be able to pop multiple gens very close to each other thanks to the 'dam' effect.

    Keep in mind that she cannot launch birds from a close proximity to the hook, meaning that there is usually an avenue of approach to free people.

    A facecamping Bubba or Myers is way more scary.

    It sounds like it’s another one of those things that can be brutal for solos but do nothing against a SWF, so that’s why I’m not a fan of it.

  • @GannTM said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851928#Comment_2851928

    It sounds like it’s another one of those things that can be brutal for solos but do nothing against a SWF, so that’s why I’m not a fan of it.

    It's more one of those things that's decent against SWF (you can capitalize on the delay pretty effectively) and really nasty against solos.

    That said, it is nice that we finally have multiple viable killer metas.

    PR+DMS is good.

    Pop+CoB is good.

    Undying+Ruin is still good.

    Plaything+Pentimentio is...actually not terrible.

    I really like Pop+CoB on Wraith, Spirit and other high mobility killers, Plaything+Penti on Demogorgon, Pig and Cenobite (all the side objectives!) and PR+DMS on most other killers.

    I've never been a fan of hexes aside from Plaything and DH, and am glad to finally drop Ruin once and for all.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2851923#Comment_2851923

    It's not as bad as people make it out to be. Anticipate the PR from the hook, eat the first bird then let go. The only thing that grinds my gears is getting an unlucky skill check right as I let go.

    The trick to beating DMS is to know where multiple gens are, and to rotate if one gets shut down. This will result in it taking longer to do gens, but if you play right you'll be able to pop multiple gens very close to each other thanks to the 'dam' effect.

    Keep in mind that she cannot launch birds from a close proximity to the hook, meaning that there is usually an avenue of approach to free people.

    A facecamping Bubba or Myers is way more scary.

    It's still quite bad. Even if you anticipate the PR and eat the first bird, that's still a solid 40-to-30 seconds of that gen being blocked. Also, she could use her next triad of birds to attack the gens she assumes you're at, meaning that at your best situation, there's 6 of the 7 gens (which one is probably near the hooked Survivor) being blocked if everyone has split up and she has BBQ or something to know where everyone was after the hook.

    Also, you are insane if you think solo queue can do this. They can't even save people off hooks normally a lot of the time.

    While there is a proximity check for her birds next to hooked Survivors, it's only ~10 meters. That's not exactly much of an opportunity.

    This playstyle isn't a threat because she's just normally facecamping, but it's because she can also secure downs insanely easy against any player. Myers, Leatherface and even Trickster have a way harder time downing people so their ability to face camp is slightly justified, along with the fact that they just... can't pressure people on gens while doing this?