Nurse is perfectly fine and balanced

Nurse needs counterplay and period. It's crazy to see all the new threads after she was re-enabled.

(This thread was changed numerous times for new readers)

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Lmao

    Sure remove it, Nurse players have already adapted and walk backwards w/ a fully charged blink instead of looking down so they can do the same things on the top floors of maps.

  • Nurse needs a lot more changes than that to be balanced.

  • Blinking down/up doesn't decrease time it takes to finish a blink, it still takes same seconds as going proper distance, practically giving distance to opponent as long as survivors are careful enough, it's rather risky play to do.

    Removing it doesn't really change her effectiveness for 99% of situation, if anything, it will buff nurse on average as baby nurses will now understand this is not something they should rely on.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Nurse needs a lot more changes than that to be balanced.

    It's better than nothing.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Nurse needs a lot more changes than that to be balanced.

    Yeah, she needs a lot more buffs, her kill rate is so bad, basically worst killer of entire roster.

  • Not really. All it would serve to do is make her more annoying to play as which isn’t fair to the people playing her. What we need is actual changes to give her fair counterplay while keeping her fun to play as

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842915#Comment_2842915

    Not really. All it would serve to do is make her more annoying to play as which isn’t fair to the people playing her. What we need is actual changes to give her fair counterplay while keeping her fun to play as

    She has countless amount of fair counterplay, there is plenty of videos that explain how to deal with her, even at tourney level her kill rate is 50% or something.

    I don't get why you think she is not fine.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842919#Comment_2842919

    She has countless amount of fair counterplay, there is plenty of videos that explain how to deal with her, even at tourney level her kill rate is 50% or something.

    I don't get why you think she is not fine.

    Hey what's up youtube here's a 25 minutes video that explains how to counter nurse well basically be unpredictable and don't loop her normally thanks for watching peace ✌🏻

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842915#Comment_2842915

    Not really. All it would serve to do is make her more annoying to play as which isn’t fair to the people playing her. What we need is actual changes to give her fair counterplay while keeping her fun to play as

    How is giving counterplay making her less fun to play as? Right now, in her curent form, a good nurse will catch you 100% without a los blocker. You have virtually NOTHING to do. Whatever you would do, she just instantly gets you and also has room to hit in a 360 radius (like, take billy, you can't just hold m2 for a second then 360 hit after).

    I don't know, another idea would be having her have restricted camera movement after a blink so you can't just lounge in any direction.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842922#Comment_2842922

    Hey what's up youtube here's a 25 minutes video that explains how to counter nurse well basically be unpredictable and don't loop her normally thanks for watching peace ✌🏻

    Yeah, be unpredictable just doesn't work either for the fact that nurse is free to lunge in any direction she wants after a blink. Any other similar character has restricted forward movement, she is just allowed to go through everything and swing in any direction after.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842919#Comment_2842919

    How is giving counterplay making her less fun to play as? Right now, in her curent form, a good nurse will catch you 100% without a los blocker. You have virtually NOTHING to do. Whatever you would do, she just instantly gets you and also has room to hit in a 360 radius (like, take billy, you can't just hold m2 for a second then 360 hit after).

    I don't know, another idea would be having her have restricted camera movement after a blink so you can't just lounge in any direction.

    In the nicest possible way I am so glad you're not on the balance team

  • She doesn't need any nerf to her basekit.

    And you're complaining about the most difficult thing in this game: controlling the distance through the vertical angle of the blink.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842922#Comment_2842922

    Hey what's up youtube here's a 25 minutes video that explains how to counter nurse well basically be unpredictable and don't loop her normally thanks for watching peace ✌🏻

    Oh nice, you've summarized it very well, it's such an easy killer to counter, maybe easiest.

    I wonder why people feel she has no counterplay when it is THIS simple.

  • I am glad some people are not devs of this game.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842928#Comment_2842928

    Oh nice, you've summarized it very well, it's such an easy killer to counter, maybe easiest.

    I wonder why people feel she has no counterplay when it is THIS simple.

    Because her best add-ons remove the only possible counterplay she has which is run

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842934#Comment_2842934

    Because her best add-ons remove the only possible counterplay she has which is run

    Other two counter play which is run backward and don't run is still there, what are you talking about?

  • Not trying to taunt but maybe you should learn to counter her instead of asking for nerfs.

    About stats : very few killers mains play her, and fewer are good with her (her winrates are horrible).

  • @Murgleïs said:

    Not trying to taunt but maybe you should learn to counter her instead of asking for nerfs.

    About stats : very few killers mains play her, and fewer are good with her (her winrates are horrible).

    I mean, every one of evidence shows that she is completely fine.

    On average gameplay, she is horrible, worst of entire roster and has pretty bad win rate.

    On high-level gameplay, she is well balanced killer, she is one of few killers who is "balanced" even against full-stacked SWF survivors, with her fullest potential.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    Not trying to taunt but maybe you should learn to counter her instead of asking for nerfs.

    About stats : very few killers mains play her, and fewer are good with her (her winrates are horrible).

    How do you counter nurse?

  • And right now I am really, really confused. Everyone says how they hate nurse and how she is the best killer, but when I make a thread saying she needs counterplay people tell me that she's fine or even bad and that I need to learn how to counterplay.

    I am done making threads about balance issues I have.

    Every. Single. Time I make threads like these, suddenly everyone is fine with all the things they always call unbalanced.

  • I swear I'm going to upload a 1v1 survivor POV video one of these days...

    She absolutely has counterplay. Removing that mechanic would kill her vs high level survivors.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    And right now I am really, really confused. Everyone says how they hate nurse and how she is the best killer, but when I make a thread saying she needs counterplay people tell me that she's fine or even bad and that I need to learn how to counterplay.

    I am done making threads about balance issues I have.

    Every. Single. Time I make threads like these, suddenly everyone is fine with all the things they always call unbalanced.

    Different people.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    And right now I am really, really confused. Everyone says how they hate nurse and how she is the best killer, but when I make a thread saying she needs counterplay people tell me that she's fine or even bad and that I need to learn how to counterplay.

    I am done making threads about balance issues I have.

    Every. Single. Time I make threads like these, suddenly everyone is fine with all the things they always call unbalanced.

    generalizing entire community as "everyone" does no good for you, they are always different people with different opinion, of course you will meet different people if you make different thread.

    She HAS counterplay, but most of survivors don't know how to, which results in excessive hate and unneeded nerf call for only truly balanced killer in this game, which is what you are seeing frequently I suppose.

  • @psionic said:

    She doesn't need any nerf to her basekit.

    And you're complaining about the most difficult thing in this game: controlling the distance through the vertical angle of the blink.

    Therefore, she is a balanced killer, right? Her addons are pure garbage outside of 4-5, so that would only leave her basekit that is too strong.

    But who am I to complain? None of my threads in which I have balance-related issues are agreed upon, even when I literally always see everyone share the same views with me. It's just my threads where everyone changes their mind.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842962#Comment_2842962

    generalizing entire community as "everyone" does no good for you, they are always different people with different opinion, of course you will meet different people if you make different thread.

    She HAS counterplay, but most of survivors don't know how to, which results in excessive hate and unneeded nerf call for only truly balanced killer in this game, which is what you are seeing frequently I suppose.

    And I am still very curious too see what counterplay she has. Holding w doesn't work, looping doesn't work, being unpredictable doesn't work because she is allowed to swing anywhere she wants after a blink etc. How exactly is nurse countered?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842929#Comment_2842929

    In the nicest possible way I am so glad you're not on the balance team

    On this entire forum, theres only about 3 people i would want on the balance team. Everyone else is bias or doesnt have a clue that theyre doing.

    • Nurse is very slow, slower than survivors. Everything about her is her power : blinks. To mess up with her blinks, you can either run backward when she is charging (you can hear her use the power get an idea of the blink distance). If she is expecting you to hold W, she will blink too far. This only works against bad nurses. It is a huge waste of time for her because she has to wait for her power to recharge + she loses line of sight of you during fatigue. The 2nd solution is to block her line of sight and use verticality on maps. For example, on Ormond, the main building is strong against her imho, especially at the stairs when it is hard to predict and blink accurately. A good nurse has a mental map, but nobody is perfect and even them can mess up.
    • Dead hard is also a very good counter to her because a good nurse will use the 1st blink to close distance / force dead hard and the 2nd blink to injure.
  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842969#Comment_2842969

    And I am still very curious too see what counterplay she has. Holding w doesn't work, looping doesn't work, being unpredictable doesn't work because she is allowed to swing anywhere she wants after a blink etc. How exactly is nurse countered?

    There is nothing I can say exactly as countering her, it is quite complex.

    the only thing I could say in certainty is dead hard, which forces her to blink one more time minimum and buys time no matter what, you don't even need any skill to do it.

    If you really want to learn you can always play her yourself too, understanding how things work is the only way to play against it properly.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842969#Comment_2842969

    And I am still very curious too see what counterplay she has. Holding w doesn't work, looping doesn't work, being unpredictable doesn't work because she is allowed to swing anywhere she wants after a blink etc. How exactly is nurse countered?

    Play nurse for 10 hours. Then come back to this thread and tell us she has zero counterplay. This is sounding more and more like a you problem than a problem with the game.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842956#Comment_2842956

    • Nurse is very slow, slower than survivors. Everything about her is her power : blinks. To mess up with her blinks, you can either run backward when she is charging (you can hear her use the power get an idea of the blink distance). If she is expecting you to hold W, she will blink too far. This only works against bad nurses. It is a huge waste of time for her because she has to wait for her power to recharge + she loses line of sight of you during fatigue. The 2nd solution is to block her line of sight and use verticality on maps. For example, on Ormond, the main building is strong against her imho, especially at the stairs when it is hard to predict and blink accurately. A good nurse has a mental map, but nobody is perfect and even them can mess up.
    • Dead hard is also a very good counter to her because a good nurse will use the 1st blink to close distance / force dead hard and the 2nd blink to injure.

    First counter is precisely what I asked for to be changed, as blinking down or up counters that.

    I agree with blocking los.

    Dh only works once.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842973#Comment_2842973

    There is nothing I can say exactly as countering her, it is quite complex.

    the only thing I could say in certainty is dead hard, which forces her to blink one more time minimum and buys time no matter what, you don't even need any skill to do it.

    If you really want to learn you can always play her yourself too, understanding how things work is the only way to play against it properly.

    @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842973#Comment_2842973

    Play nurse for 10 hours. Then come back to this thread and tell us she has zero counterplay. This is sounding more and more like a you problem than a problem with the game.

    I main nurse (although I'm really rusty rn)

    Yes, blocking los and being unpredictable works the best. The latter only works the first time before I adjust myself to it.

    If nurse were so easy to counter she wouldn't be considered the best killer.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842979#Comment_2842979

    First counter is precisely what I asked for to be changed, as blinking down or up counters that.

    I agree with blocking los.

    Dh only works once.

    Blinking down or up counters that but then you can just hold W once you realize she is doing that, which results in even more distance between two.

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842984#Comment_2842984

    Blinking down or up counters that but then you can just hold W once you realize she is doing that, which results in even more distance between two.

    Again, this only works the first time you try it. It's not hard to adjust to how the survivor plays.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842932#Comment_2842932

    On this entire forum, theres only about 3 people i would want on the balance team. Everyone else is bias or doesnt have a clue that theyre doing.

    I am choosing to believe I am one of those people and refuse to hear otherwise 💅

  • @Pukenplag said:

    Yeah, there is nothing wrong with her. She is a very bad killer with plenty of counterplay and everyone agrees that she needs buffs. I DEFINETLY didn't complain about her having no counterplay before editing the thread into this.

    Close the thread, I am done with this balance bullshit. In all of my balance-related threads people suddenly change their mind about everything they complain about.

    She’s op but that’s a good thing honestly

  • She does need some changes. You're most likely gonna die if you're against a good Nurse.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842989#Comment_2842989

    Again, this only works the first time you try it. It's not hard to adjust to how the survivor plays.

    And it's not hard to adjust to how the killer plays neither.

    What's wrong with a killer who consists of mindgame and mechanical skill of both sides? this is just like many other PvP games which is considered far more balanced than DbD.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842933#Comment_2842933

    Therefore, she is a balanced killer, right? Her addons are pure garbage outside of 4-5, so that would only leave her basekit that is too strong.

    But who am I to complain? None of my threads in which I have balance-related issues are agreed upon, even when I literally always see everyone share the same views with me. It's just my threads where everyone changes their mind.

    She's definitely not balanced considered how bad are the vast majority of the other killers! She requires the survivors to act as a team, while the other killers struggle to go against ONE survivor. That's what DBD became when you play with weaker killers, 1x1, because they can't compete with 4 survivors.

    The only thing that makes her unfair is the range and recharge addons, she does not need them.

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842970#Comment_2842970

    She's definitely not balanced considered how bad are the vast majority of the other killers! She requires the survivors to act as a team, while the other killers struggle to go against ONE survivor. That's what DBD became when you play with weaker killers, 1x1, because they can't compete with 4 survivors.

    The only thing that makes her unfair is the range and recharge addons, she do not need them.

    Remember when she had add ons that gave her 4 blinks? That was broken.

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842970#Comment_2842970

    She's definitely not balanced considered how bad are the vast majority of the other killers! She requires the survivors to act as a team, while the other killers struggle to go against ONE survivor. That's what DBD became when you play with weaker killers, 1x1, because they can't compete with 4 survivors.

    The only thing that makes her unfair is the range and recharge addons, she do not need them.

    What exactly makes those add-on unfair though, I'm always wondering when someone says an addon or killer is OP... but how?

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843023#Comment_2843023

    Remember when she had add ons that gave her 4 blinks? That was broken.

    Remember when she could go up to 7?!

  • @fulltonon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843023#Comment_2843023

    What exactly makes those add-on unfair though, I'm always wondering when someone says an addon or killer is OP... but how?

    They give less time to survivors to react or find safer positions. They make the Nurse player less punished in case of a unsuccessful blink.

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842970#Comment_2842970

    She's definitely not balanced considered how bad are the vast majority of the other killers! She requires the survivors to act as a team, while the other killers struggle to go against ONE survivor. That's what DBD became when you play with weaker killers, 1x1, because they can't compete with 4 survivors.

    The only thing that makes her unfair is the range and recharge addons, she do not need them.

    Yeah, I don't understand how they nerf Marvin's Blood, brown twins addons and others just because they were "over used" and yet nurse still has her recharge addons which 99.9% of nurse mains use in every match. She indeed doesn't need them. In fact, I wouldn't oppose making her base speed slightly faster if she had longer recharge and no recharge addons.

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843034#Comment_2843034

    They give less time to survivors to react or find safer positions. They make the Nurse player less punished in case of a unsuccessful blink.

    Seems like an addon that helps nurse, but what's unfair about it exactly?

    Something that makes killer strong and countering it harder is fine, addons and perks are meant to do that.

  • @psionic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842970#Comment_2842970

    She's definitely not balanced considered how bad are the vast majority of the other killers! She requires the survivors to act as a team, while the other killers struggle to go against ONE survivor. That's what DBD became when you play with weaker killers, 1x1, because they can't compete with 4 survivors.

    The only thing that makes her unfair is the range and recharge addons, she do not need them.

    Aka, she needs no addons. If we take those she is left with virtually nothing.

    It is her basekit that needs changes. She needs counterplay. The idea with the blink recharge wad bad because it doesn't add counterplay, it just makes nurse less efficient.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2843023#Comment_2843023

    Aka, she needs no addons. If we take those she is left with virtually nothing.

    It is her basekit that needs changes. She needs counterplay. The idea with the blink recharge wad bad because it doesn't add counterplay, it just makes nurse less efficient.

    Why do we need to change her basekit when it's proven to be everything else is broken and not her?

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842979#Comment_2842979

    First counter is precisely what I asked for to be changed, as blinking down or up counters that.

    I agree with blocking los.

    Dh only works once.

    The first counter only works against bad nurses. A good nurse will not look down, instead she will hold her blink for a perfect distance, in which even if you run backward she will still be able to get you with the 2nd blink.

  • @Murgleïs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842984#Comment_2842984

    The first counter only works against bad nurses. A good nurse will not look down, instead she will hold her blink for a perfect distance, in which even if you run backward she will still be able to get you with the 2nd blink.

    Still more fair than current version. If you are good enough to charge a blink enough for any situation, you deserve it.

  • Actually i dont but i believe it. The most ive seen was 5. I never did more than 2. I tried 3 once and it was actually too easy. So i stopped using it.

  • @Pukenplag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2842919#Comment_2842919

    How is giving counterplay making her less fun to play as? Right now, in her curent form, a good nurse will catch you 100% without a los blocker. You have virtually NOTHING to do. Whatever you would do, she just instantly gets you and also has room to hit in a 360 radius (like, take billy, you can't just hold m2 for a second then 360 hit after).

    I don't know, another idea would be having her have restricted camera movement after a blink so you can't just lounge in any direction.

    Because all it does is make her more annoying to play as without getting to the root issue of why her power is problematic. The fact that she can ignore game mechanics at any time with little cooldown

‹ 1 2