Sadako...I'm Not Sure I Understand This Killer.
I love her visuals and her lore, but the stealth...maybe I'm doing this wrong.
Just played a game, survivors not only seemed to know that I was near (lullaby I'm assuming) but also exactly where I was - predropping pallets, looping correctly etc.
What exactly is the strategy with her?
Comments
Be a little thoughtful about how you approach survivors. Walking down the middle of the map towards survivors is a common mistake with stealth killers. Approach from ‘odd angles.’
I tried. Came from behind walls etc. The second they hear the lullaby they are on guard, and it's as if I'm playing an M1 killer - as soon as I'm in the open, they know where I am and can safely start looping me.
You want to approach from the sidelines, being unpredictable is Sadako's middle name. You also want to Hit N Run and tunnel at the same time, as Sadako pretty much has a guaranteed win if she has a 3-Gen and atleast 1 Survivor dead
Mm. I'm trying to play her as if I was a mirror Myers, but I'm not exactly sure how effective her 'invisibility' is (and the survivor POV footage available is spotty at best) because it's as if I were a standard killer - I'm getting looped perfectly as if they could just see me.
If a Survivor is within 24 meters of Sadako's location, she won't be fully invisible, she'll flicker like Spirit does after using her Power
One thing that may help is that you do have a visual indicator when you're invisible- at least as far as I'm aware, if your hands are flashing out of existence while Demanifested, then survivors can't see you. If your hands are visible to you, you're visible to them.
I think that's how it works, anyway.
Or old Freddy 🥲
Here’s my number 1 advice when playing Sadako: play Spirit instead.
Yes, but that's your advice for everything.
'My foot hurts and I can't walk to work'
'Play Spirit instead'.
XD
Exactly. Playing Spirit isn't just playing a game, it's a way of life. It gives out a bunch of joy.
you see... first you possess a video tape. that shows some weird things related to you.
then you get the survivors to watch that.
then they die in a week.
that's the strat.
tbf, I like the ju-on strat better. "you got into my house for any reason? YOU DIE!!!!"
Ju-on was great, but I actually enjoyed the western remake more. Scared the absolute hell out of me.
Man I miss that era of pretty solid J/K-horror remakes. Love those films.
Didn't they have a Ringu/Ju-on crossover at some point?
I like both. but the remake didn't have the scenes of that school girl, when she's hidden in her room and closed every window with newspapers. and freaks the ######### out when her friends open the curtains.
and then her being haunted by her friends that died.
those were the best for me.
still gotta watch the sequels...
We were so use to anti-loop killers that we don't know what to do with Well-chan.
What's her full name then? Lol
Try taking advantage of her invisibility more at loops; after you manifest, you keep the effect for a few seconds and sometimes you can trick survivors into thinking you're going the other way then switch direction and get a hit. It definitely isn't something that will always work though.
You can also try to keep track of who you've teleported near often/if you see someone insert a tape, etc. in case that ever comes into play. It usually won't though, and out of the 8 matches I played against her yesterday, only 1 survivor died to that.
Outside of that, not sure what to suggest other than doing the things you'd normally want to do with stealth killers like taking unexpected angles and such. She doesn't really have a high skill ceiling, and most of the ones I've played against so far have not performed well.
Yamamura "Being Unpredictable" Sadako
Weird name, but I can get behind that, lol
Demanifesting & Manifesting after securing a successful hit can help during a chase. Try and Teleport to Tv’s nearby after injuring someone to throw them off guard or just abandon the chase to hit someone else through a Tv. The less you have to commit to a chase the better.
Yamamura Bikkuri Sadako.
Oh mate - maybe a silly question, but does M&A reduce her 'lullaby'? Apparently it's actually a straight TR (so...maybe works), but I'm finding zero information on this and it's impossible to test.
it never worked on any lullaby killer, so I doubt it.
Mm. Was just watching Otz play her and he's adamant that it's a TR, not a true lullaby.
Are we playing the same game? Survivors very rarely play loops, they will pre-drop go stay at a point of absolute safety within the loop or find an opportunity to move to another loop. (and that opportunity is anytime that you attempt to mind game a loop)
I mean, yeah, they do predrop, and at that point she doesn’t have much going for her. It’s just something you can try if they don’t.
She doesn’t have any form of anti-loop beyond that, which is fine as long as she has enough power in other places to make up for it. My first impressions are that she doesn’t and she’s still too weak, although not as bad as she was in the ptb.
Sadako has a 24 Meter Terror Radius while not in stealth and a 24 Meter Lullaby while in stealth that isn't affected by any Terror Radius Perk, but I'm not 100% sure
She is much better than she was on the PTB. She was so so rough on the PTB. But she went from being the worst killer to the worst but not so bad killer.
interesting. We hear almost nothing until she´s within 10 meters at max, more like 8 meters. The "demanifested" animations lag behind her actual position about 1 meter, and suddenly she´s manifested at a whole different position. We´ve had several occasions where she just popped at a gen or in a loop, even though the survivor looked into the direction she came from. So either there´s a bug with demanifested animations, or they all were hacking 1 hour after release already 😂 😉
TVs are nearly silent, so you can barely find them, even on an open field map
This is what I've been seeing against her too.
Interesting. I wonder if she was using addons (I know there is a very sexy yellow that does something along these lines). In terms of how survivors react, it doesn't feel like there's much difference between me being demanifested and just walking up to them.
Can they hear you manifest and demanifest? It seems like anytime I do either in a loop they know and w to a different loop.
that is why i said she is C-tier killer. your probably facing 4 man SWF with stealth killer. to be polite, stealth killer are not exactly stealth killers when facing a strong swf. they end up being M1 killers because their stealth is countered by communication.
with that being said, I have been doing gen grabs with her in some instances which is hilarious to say the least. difference between solo vs swf.
Watching some footage, C tier feels about right. If her invisibility/phasing was a bit more potent that would actually make her feel about right.
It feels like a huge amount of her power is dependent on her addons.
Stealth killers generally have tools in their toolbox to somewhat counter SWF. Wraith has complete invisibility from far away and partial invisibility from nearby, he even gets a speed boost when uncloaking to help with some of the loops. Michael and Ghostface have insta-downs so even when stealth fails they still have lethality. What does Onyro have? Everyone says map mobility, but I disagree with that. When I versed teams that were well coordinated, all of the TVs near any area they were in were always turned off. Sure I knew where they were because I was paying attention to where my TVs should be, but I wasn't any faster at getting over to them.
Blights generally my main, could you imagine if there were just parts of the map where I couldn't use my power if the survivors injected themselves with Pestula, do you realize just how bonkers that sounds, but that's what happens with Onyro, they can just neuter her of her power, and what is the trade off. That they can then offer themselves as a mori when it is the most convenient for them, when they're full health and on their death hooks anyway?
The answer is just don't, this game has bunch of killers who seems to have some depths but in the end none of them works good against any decent survivors.
Pretty much all of strong killers are rather obvious, you'll know it just by looking at their powers and stats.
So many Spirit PFPs my plan is working ☺️
Not to mention the fact that TVs can spawn on the floor above/below a gen, rendering it almost useless.
She feels like she's desperately in need of a short 'dash' after she demanifests. Right now, all someone needs to do is take me to a strong loop and there is approximately nothing I can do unless they make a serious mistake.
well I already knew this from start. Its not my first rodeo in predictions. m1 killer were never really good to begin with so yeah.
A tip that I can give is that when survivor hold-W away from you, you can try to utilize her TV teleports like mint rag traps where you teleport in front of them. She has green add-on that increases her speed boost when coming out of a TV by 50%. Survivors can hear which TV you teleport from and I imagine that over-time, survivor will quickly adjust to this strategy by just looking behind them. If Sadako is not seen behind within 1 second of flicking, you can just predict that she teleported in front of you.
I believe the add-on name is called Bloody Fingernails. All the killers are add-on dependent against strong teams so there is nothing new there.
you should watch Oracle vs Tru3 Wraith. Wraith's tool are no better than sadako. Wraith's speed boost is mirrored by sadako's flicking at loops. both of them are pretty lackluster chase tools. Both of them have partial invisibility. Her is 24 meters, I believe wraith is 20 meters. He has faster movement speed when cloaking. She has TVs for mobility. Both of them can be used in chase to marginal degree.
Ghostface's instant down vs swf is practically non-existed in open maps. He is constantly broken out of his ability as his ability is countered by 3rd person camera. He has no chase tools and he has no gap-close. So arguably he's worst out of bunch. He is apparently getting reworked.
Myers is most similar to her if he uses mori add-ons in the sense that he can build up a mori like Sadako. He has instant downs if played in the traditional way but he trades stealth for instant downs. he has t3 bamboozle and slightly extended lunge for chases, but his pallet play is pretty bad which is where most m1 killer's struggle with.
All the stealth killers are more or less m1 towards safe pallets. The only stealth killer who was not m1 was spirit and that is why she was so strong in her prime. The other was deathslinger, but we all know what happen to that dude.
Funny thing about blight is that blight might be a better stealth killer with his Virgo's Journal add-on than actual stealth killers.
When your hands are invisible to you you're invisible to everyone, use it to help time approaches.