I'm Curious

If BT were to become basekit, what will happen to BT as the perk that Bill currently has? Will Bill just get a completely new perk or will BT from him just have stronger effects then basekit BT? This has been bothering me for a while and any speculations would be nice to come up with.

Comments

  • My best guess would be

    Basekit version would be something like: 'Upon being unhooked, survivors gain the endurance status effect for 6 seconds'

    Then Borrowed Time would be changed to 'Any survivor you unhook has their unhook endurance timer increased by 4/5/6 seconds' capping out at the 12 seconds it sits at right now


    This is what I think is the most likely way BHVR will implement this

  • I'd bring back BT giving endurance to the rescuing survivor. That can turn a trade into an escape.

  • probably just increase the time from the basekit version

  • @Heartbound said:

    I'd bring back BT giving endurance to the rescuing survivor. That can turn a trade into an escape.

    That would be legitimately busted.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    My best guess would be

    Basekit version would be something like: 'Upon being unhooked, survivors gain the endurance status effect for 6 seconds'

    Then Borrowed Time would be changed to 'Any survivor you unhook has their unhook endurance timer increased by 4/5/6 seconds' capping out at the 12 seconds it sits at right now

    This is what I think is the most likely way BHVR will implement this

    I mean, that 6 seconds borrowed is gonna technically be as strong as normal BT, because it will always have the threat of normal BT, i mean, what killer will swing his weapon at 7 seconds just to find out that it's normal BT instead of the basekit

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837188#Comment_2837188

    I mean, that 6 seconds borrowed is gonna technically be as strong as normal BT, because it will always have the threat of normal BT, i mean, what killer will swing his weapon at 7 seconds just to find out that it's normal BT instead of the basekit

    At least that survivor won't be able to bodyblock the killer for as long, you get a lot of wiggle room with 12 seconds. Not so much 6

    I don't think current BT is super oppressive for killer except in endgame scenarios really. Same with current DS

  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837282#Comment_2837282

    At least that survivor won't be able to bodyblock the killer for as long, you get a lot of wiggle room with 12 seconds. Not so much 6

    I don't think current BT is super oppressive for killer except in endgame scenarios really. Same with current DS

    Ik, but the killer is still probably going to be playing like it's normal BT, just incase, which just boost basekit BT's power

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837288#Comment_2837288

    Ik, but the killer is still probably going to be playing like it's normal BT, just incase, which just boost basekit BT's power

    Oh yeah I mean I think if it's done the way I mentioned BT will still be a meta staple but you might see it way less because it doesn't feel like such a necessity.

    That's ultimately why the whole basekit BT thing exists bc survivors feel naked without it (or rather, their teammates having it I should say lol).


    Personally I'm not 100% sold on basekit BT, while I would appreciate a bit more of a chance of survivor perk variety I also feel like maybe survivors should learn how to make proper safe unhooks instead of what usually happens (farming/hook diving).

    Granted, BT is one of the only few anti-camping/tunnelling perks so - who knows.

  • @Heartbound said:

    I'd bring back BT giving endurance to the rescuing survivor. That can turn a trade into an escape.

    But only once, right? Like the old BT, which had only one charge.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837261#Comment_2837261

    But only once, right? Like the old BT, which had only one charge.

    Yes sir. That's enough to change the match on its own. I get why they changed it just effect the rescued person but if they're going to change BT then I don't see why reverting it to the old way would be an issue. I remember shrugging off a Hillbilly chainsaw with old BT and was quite thankful for it.

  • @GillyBeannn said:

    If BT were to become basekit, what will happen to BT as the perk that Bill currently has? Will Bill just get a completely new perk or will BT from him just have stronger effects then basekit BT? This has been bothering me for a while and any speculations would be nice to come up with.

    Maybe if you're healthy the unhooked survivor switches health states with you. Doesn't sound all that good now that I type it out though.

  • @Heartbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837332#Comment_2837332

    Yes sir. That's enough to change the match on its own. I get why they changed it just effect the rescued person but if they're going to change BT then I don't see why reverting it to the old way would be an issue. I remember shrugging off a Hillbilly chainsaw with old BT and was quite thankful for it.

    Cause it was completely busted and made it a lose-lose for the killer even if the survivor divebombs the hook.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Brokenbones said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837282#Comment_2837282

    At least that survivor won't be able to bodyblock the killer for as long, you get a lot of wiggle room with 12 seconds. Not so much 6

    I don't think current BT is super oppressive for killer except in endgame scenarios really. Same with current DS

    Unfortunately it is kinda oppressive if used outside it's intended purpose, ie the unhooked survivor runs body block interference getting a free body block. The killer would be going after unhooker the the hookee, just like now with alot of games Survivors that receive BT will body block for the one who unhooked them.

  • @CampingSadako said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837261#Comment_2837261

    So killers can't do anything about it but watch as he gets tbagged?

    It's really no different from the hooked survivor having decisive strike. The real purpose for BT (for me) is to preserve your Altruism emblem so the hooked survivor doesn't get smacked down immediately so you get the safe hook rescue score event.

    I've had survivors fuss at me for not pulling them off the hook when I know they'd just be farmed, so at least with this BT change built in I'd have more reason to pull them down.

  • @CampingSadako said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837261#Comment_2837261

    So killers can't do anything about it but watch as he gets tbagged?

    Huh? Just mow them down with your chainsaw?

  • This content has been removed.
  • @CampingSadako said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838709#Comment_2838709

    Uh the survivor rescuing doesn't have DS? Do you know how DS works?

    What you're suggesting is that hook trades shouldn't exist anymore, that if someone unhooks they should be protected no matter how ######### their situation is. Survivors already have that garbage exploit in which they spam M1 in front of the hooked survivor so the killer can never grab and is forced to hit even if he doesn't want to, besides that you want the survivor doing the unhooking to be invulnerable so BOTH of them can escape? Why not give the entire team inmunity too?

    If you're playing around the hooks that's a symptom of a bigger problem. You're not applying pressure to the map and the survivors already have free reign over your trial. If it's a serious team regardless of if you down one or both of the survivors for a hook trade I guarantee you're about to fall victim to a flashlight rescue. Survivors have tools that don't rely on perks and if they're playing to win they will use them.

    I've played with old BT and I've lost kills to it when the exit gates were open. I get it, I feel ya. It doesn't feel good to lose a sacrifice that you would have had otherwise.

    You want to encourage survivors sticking their neck out there though. They make mistakes. You want them coming for the rescue and being bold. Survivors can complete all gens in ~5 mins. A rescue is great slowdown tool, but it only really matters if you're applying pressure to the rest of the map.

  • @Heartbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838718#Comment_2838718

    If you're playing around the hooks that's a symptom of a bigger problem. You're not applying pressure to the map and the survivors already have free reign over your trial. If it's a serious team regardless of if you down one or both of the survivors for a hook trade I guarantee you're about to fall victim to a flashlight rescue. Survivors have tools that don't rely on perks and if they're playing to win they will use them.

    I've played with old BT and I've lost kills to it when the exit gates were open. I get it, I feel ya. It doesn't feel good to lose a sacrifice that you would have had otherwise.

    You want to encourage survivors sticking their neck out there though. They make mistakes. You want them coming for the rescue and being bold. Survivors can complete all gens in ~5 mins. A rescue is great slowdown tool, but it only really matters if you're applying pressure to the rest of the map.

    Huh? Applying pressure to two survivors, half the team, is having the survivors take free reign over the game? The funniest part is this game is so survivor sided that you aren't even wrong.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838725#Comment_2838725

    Huh? Applying pressure to two survivors, half the team, is having the survivors take free reign over the game? The funniest part is this game is so survivor sided that you aren't even wrong.

    Lol, yep. I've had "that guy" throw me for a loop enough times. I know.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @CampingSadako said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838725#Comment_2838725

    A rescue is not a slowdown if you get nothing out of it. Survivors will just rush to the hook in your face, spam M1 so you can't grab them and then after rescuing because of your amazing BT idea they can both get out at the speed of light. It would mean no survivor would stay hooked for 5 seconds since nobody is in danger. It would completly ruin perks like Make Your Choice, it would completly ruin killers like Trapper and Hag because there's no point in even stopping whoever is going for the save.

    And don't pretend those two survivors won't rush to a gen and finish it. By ignoring the hooked survivor and the rescuer you're just left in the middle of the map with nothing to do because you have no idea where the other 2 survivors are.

    Survivormindset.png

    Survivors are pretty predictable. It's just a matter of fishing them out of the L T walls and general map debris, but this will generally be where they're all at. Most of the time a survivor gets rescued I'm in a chase with that skittish boi that's off in the middle of nowhere thinking he's safe so I never return to the hook. It's when I can't find someone that I come back and harass them, but it's not a necessity.

    Justhookeveryone.png

    Edit: You can just be like me and hook everyone at once. Then you don't have to worry about BT.

  • @Heartbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837332#Comment_2837332

    Yes sir. That's enough to change the match on its own. I get why they changed it just effect the rescued person but if they're going to change BT then I don't see why reverting it to the old way would be an issue. I remember shrugging off a Hillbilly chainsaw with old BT and was quite thankful for it.

    I remember how more often than not, the effect triggered by accident. With the survivor being barely inside the killers terror radius. Thus wasting the charge.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838635#Comment_2838635

    I remember how more often than not, the effect triggered by accident. With the survivor being barely inside the killers terror radius. Thus wasting the charge.

    YEEEEEEEEEEEEP.  It's an incredible, overpowered tool.

    On paper.

  • @Heartbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838767#Comment_2838767

    YEEEEEEEEEEEEP.  It's an incredible, overpowered tool.

    On paper.

    I'm ok with that. Current BT was a huge buff, while some people called it a nerf. But I wouldn't mind going back to the previous version.

  • @Heartbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838740#Comment_2838740

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/P1ZZ61HSM55C/survivormindset.png

    Survivors are pretty predictable. It's just a matter of fishing them out of the L T walls and general map debris, but this will generally be where they're all at. Most of the time a survivor gets rescued I'm in a chase with that skittish boi that's off in the middle of nowhere thinking he's safe so I never return to the hook. It's when I can't find someone that I come back and harass them, but it's not a necessity.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/M3NVBLU2YTHX/justhookeveryone.png

    Edit: You can just be like me and hook everyone at once. Then you don't have to worry about BT.

    You


    dbd-4k-9.jpg

    mean

    dbd-4k-a.jpg

    like

    dbd-4k-b.jpg

    this?

    The story, for me, is always the same:

    Four survivors together on an almost repaired generator, too cocky to flee when the killer comes.

    The generator on top of shack, with its four slots, is a deadly spot.

    For the last one, it was single blink grab, a hit hit and they sandbagged each-others trying to flee, cartoon-style. The game was over in about 90 seconds, my personal record 😅.

  • @drsoontm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2838752#Comment_2838752

    You

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CU9R0GDG1KNR/dbd-4k-9.jpg

    mean

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/MVOD6TS02F9E/dbd-4k-a.jpg

    like

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2I9C2XMQSL6G/dbd-4k-b.jpg

    this?

    The story, for me, is always the same:

    Four survivors together on an almost repaired generator, too cocky to flee when the killer comes.

    The generator on top of shack, with its four slots, is a deadly spot.

    For the last one, it was single blink grab, a hit hit and they sandbagged each-others trying to flee, cartoon-style. The game was over in about 90 seconds, my personal record 😅.

    Beautiful. Divine. Exquisite.

  • @TotemSeeker91 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837188#Comment_2837188

    I mean, that 6 seconds borrowed is gonna technically be as strong as normal BT, because it will always have the threat of normal BT, i mean, what killer will swing his weapon at 7 seconds just to find out that it's normal BT instead of the basekit

    If this change were to go through I would be fine with survivors who have endurance being highlighted in white (maybe the highlight takes a couple of seconds to fade so it's not immediately obvious)

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2837282#Comment_2837282

    If this change were to go through I would be fine with survivors who have endurance being highlighted in white (maybe the highlight takes a couple of seconds to fade so it's not immediately obvious)

    That wouldn't be too terrible I guess