Would Solidarity be OP if it has 100% healing rate?
Instead of 50% healing rate to 100%. Would that be OP?
Instead of 50% healing rate to 100%. Would that be OP?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If CoH gets nerf, i don't mind buffing to other heal perks.
And no Solidarity would be good to use and solid perk. But we have CoH, first it needs to go.
It would still be niche, but it would be a good start.
Sounds good.
I think it would be strong but not as strong as COH. I still hope boons get nerfed. In my opinion it's too strong that survivors can bless the same totem over and over.
I'd say I'd rather not find out right now.
We are already have healing being too fast as it is and at 100% it would theoretically be 3 times healing speed when combined with Circle of Healing.
If Circle of Healing didn't exist them it might be fine to test but we have had multiple self healing perks nerfed for being too good before:
Selfcare being changed from 75% to 50% with med-kit self healing efficiency going from 100% to 20%.
Then you have the meaningless Circle of Healing nerf that added all of 2 seconds to the heal.
Faster self healing has always been a dangerous stat.
It would be useful... but not OP and apart of the "meta"
It would be nice, but COH healing exists. If COH gets fixed then I wouldn't mind a buff to other healing perks.
Unpopular opinion: that would be incredibly good.
I would actually go as far to say that 100% would be busted. I really don't think that people understand just how much time that would save.
It's pretty much permanent We'll Make It. Or 3 Botany Knowledges.
Or just being affected by original CoH at all times.
Personally I think that would be a bit much. I think 75% would be a more reasonable buff.
Wow it would actually be viable. Maybe we can buff after care too please🙏
It would really be strong. But we're in desperate need of viable strong perks, or do we want to keep complaining about the usual stale meta?
Make a healing cap of 100%, and poof suddenly combining healing perks/items is no longer an issue. We get 100% solidarity, and COH. While at the same time making COH less broken since survivors would have to take in med kits / other perks to break the perk.
I don't think it would break the game the way coh did, but I don't see it being a good change either.
It means that 1 survivor spending 16 seconds heals two people which is the same speed of 2 survivors healing under release coh.
It still has the same issues coh brought out just slightly more restricted since both survivors need to be injured.
That would be insanely busted. That’s literally having a permanent +100% healing speed to yourself and the person you heal both. Instead of 16x2 it becomes 16x1 which might as well be 8x2. Being able to be healed while doing other things is why Syringe is so beyond insanely strong and badly designed right now, with how fast it already is, and being able to be even faster.
I actually agree with you; I think that’s way too good.
I actually think solidarity is okay the way it is, and to show why I think that I’m gonna compare it to botany. In both scenarios below, pretend you and another survivor are both injured and met up to heal:
Scenario A: You have solidarity, which won’t let you heal the other survivor faster, but allows them to heal you in only 8 seconds (since it starts at 50%), effectively an 8 second timesave.
Scenario B: You have botany, It will save you about 4 seconds when healing the other survivor (do 16 / 1.33). They heal you in the regular time. So 4 seconds saved total.
If we change the scenarios so that you are healthy (and only the other survivor is injured), then in scenario A, your perk does nothing. You heal the other survivor in regular time, and that’s it. In scenario B, you still heal the other survivor 4 seconds faster. So what solidarity effectively does in comparison to botany is double the time benefit while you’re injured, but does nothing if you heal someone while healthy (eg. it’s a double-or-nothing kind of thing).
If it were made to be 100%... I can honestly see SWF's pick it up and get the most out of it
But this game's strongest perks are more meant for Solo's (then just X4 it and you get what "meta" is right now)
That's the mindset Behavior had when making COH, we instead, need to nerf meta perks (particularly survivor meta perks) while buffing lesser ones.
I don't think that would be the same because you need the perk yourself to make use of it. COH was (is) an issue because you need 1 person to have it and the whole team can heal
So it's a lot more restricted
Other than dead hard, survivor meta perks are there because of one specific reason, and nerfing them without addressing the root cause of them being so popular would break the game
100% is too strong, but 50% is too weak. Also, what's with the medkit stipulation? Medkits are better used on yourself anyways (especially if you have Self-Care equipped).
Does Solidarity even show itself to teammates in-game when you are using it? I obviously never use it or see it, so wouldn't know. That would help regardless if any other changes are made or not.
What if it granted the endurance status effect to you as the perk user, if you are hit while healing another survivor while also injured? Is that too OP? Maybe it could be on a cooldown or earned system of some kind.
Instead of making it 100% the better buff would be to make it reversable so if you use it and people heal you they get the effect (2 people would get 25% of their bar instead of 50%).
The perk is not bad per se, what makes it bad is the conditions to activate it are very niche so you dont get to use it a lot.
It would make it usable in my opinion. It's incredibly risky to heal someone else while you yourself are injured which already makes running Solidarity risky as it promotes questionable gameplay.
I think the only problem with buffing any healing perks right now is the existence of CoH in its current state.
Good and useful but unless stacked with other healing perk would not be OP enough to shift the meta at all.
75% is fine for me...100 is too much (having in mind that CoH exist...going more than definetly would be broken🙄)