My 82% escape rate will drop to 2% all in this one morning

Every game is a DC, someone killing themselves on first hook or a face camping bubba.

What on earth are you doing putting me with these people, I'm waiting 10mins for a game to be over in 3mins.

Comments

  • Yeah they should still implement a separate queue just for people that frequently DC like other games.

  • @burt0r said:

    Yeah they should still implement a separate queue just for people that frequently DC like other games.

    I dont even know why they haven't tbh. I shouldn't have 7 games back to back with this...

    Just makes me not want to play if I cant actually play a game

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830386#Comment_2830386

    I dont even know why they haven't tbh. I shouldn't have 7 games back to back with this...

    Just makes me not want to play if I cant actually play a game

    Probably, and I am just assuming here, that the amount of DC between killer and survivor is statistically so slanted to one side that they know that queue times there would be so horrible that they become even more detrimental to the player retention for those that end up there.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830388#Comment_2830388

    Probably, and I am just assuming here, that the amount of DC between killer and survivor is statistically so slanted to one side that they know that queue times there would be so horrible that they become even more detrimental to the player retention for those that end up there.

    I'm seriously just gonna uninstall.

    10min chase and not one gen.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830389#Comment_2830389

    I'm seriously just gonna uninstall.

    10min chase and not one gen.

    Well the last time i really played was early December and I have no intention to return so....

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830393#Comment_2830393

    Well the last time i really played was early December and I have no intention to return so....

    I was kinda enjoying it till this happens, I dont get how my past 3 days was working well and then today...

    I shouldn't be tunneled the whole game, use every pallet on the game map and still not see a gen pop.

    I did 3 full chases, the only one to be chased and yet not a single gen, they just crouched around... like yeah SBMM clearly

  • Wellcome to Solo-Q Hell. Have fun.

  • Btw, why do you have 2 threads on the same matter?

  • BHVR matchmaking logic: player has been waiting for 10 minutes, so we should throw them in a terrible quality match to waste more of their time instead of letting them wait another couple minutes for a good match.

    It drives me nuts too. My guess is that it's a symptom of being a solo survivor MMR outlier. It may be harder to fill lobbies at certain MMR brackets due to a combo of SWF and making the average MMR work with the killer, so it keeps expanding the range well past the point of common sense.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Every game is a DC, someone killing themselves on first hook or a face camping bubba.

    What on earth are you doing putting me with these people, I'm waiting 10mins for a game to be over in 3mins.

    This how last night was for me. I was on an 8 game streak with my Elodie (Might not sound impressive but I'm solo so it is) all came to an end with a DC, then a Chest hunter, then a Huntress tunneled me until 1 gen left (still a win for the team though).

  • If you want faster que times you can play killer :p

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312371/my-82-escape-rate-will-drop-to-2-all-in-this-one-morning

    Ah yes. The hilarity that is this forum. This morning on the front page consists of 2 threads complaining about camping/tunneling and how DS NEEDS buffed and BT NEEDS to be basekit. And yet here we have an "82 %" escape rate. Which I'm willing to bet is more the normal for most. But hey. This game isnt survivor sided ๐Ÿคท

    As a solo survivor I can confirm the majority of this game is survivor sided. If killer runs the most powerful killer, perks, and add-ons and gets a decent map (one of 2-3 maps) is the only time it favors killer.

    IMO the strongest killer in the game is your teammates. Bout the only way I die is from my own team.

  • Oi here we go again.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    BHVR matchmaking logic: player has been waiting for 10 minutes, so we should throw them in a terrible quality match to waste more of their time instead of letting them wait another couple minutes for a good match.

    It drives me nuts too. My guess is that it's a symptom of being a solo survivor MMR outlier. It may be harder to fill lobbies at certain MMR brackets due to a combo of SWF and making the average MMR work with the killer, so it keeps expanding the range well past the point of common sense.

    I know right! Certainly will not be playing at that time again ever.

    @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312371/my-82-escape-rate-will-drop-to-2-all-in-this-one-morning

    This how last night was for me. I was on an 8 game streak with my Elodie (Might not sound impressive but I'm solo so it is) all came to an end with a DC, then a Chest hunter, then a Huntress tunneled me until 1 gen left (still a win for the team though).

    8 is good dude, I'm a solo too so I know the nice feeling of having multiple good games in a row (more balanced ones where everyone is closer skill) but damn having to lose as many games as I did because of stupid stuff is unreal.

    I just wanted a normal game...

    @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/312371/my-82-escape-rate-will-drop-to-2-all-in-this-one-morning

    Ah yes. The hilarity that is this forum. This morning on the front page consists of 2 threads complaining about camping/tunneling and how DS NEEDS buffed and BT NEEDS to be basekit. And yet here we have an "82 %" escape rate. Which I'm willing to bet is more the normal for most. But hey. This game isnt survivor sided ๐Ÿคท

    I mean if you look at my posts you see I complain about BT basekit, weak killers DH etc.

    I know the game is the survivors side especially when people actually play, but until BHVR realises they arent balancing the game correctly and are balancing around so bad players stand a chance against good players then yeah it wont improve.

    (Note that 82% was in my recent small sample after I started playing again, but a face camping bubba will always be the worst playstyle a killer can do, I dont mind abit of tunneling and honestly I cant blame killers with this balance)

  • Sometimes this just happens and there's nothing you can do about it. It used to be whatever but now you're punished with lower quality matches as a result. I don't know why behavior thought mmr was fine this way.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830603#Comment_2830603

    Oh. I'm not saying you're someone who is saying the game isn't survivor sided. Just say this forum in general. Is always hilarious ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Well those are the people I probably have in my games that dont do gens and rage quit when they go down.

    People will think I'm horrible but people shouldn't be handheld and need to get better, plain and simple.

    The only difference between a swf and solo should be communication over headset, we cant say solo queue is bad because the game throws awful players on your team. If someone never does gens and cant lead a chase that's not a solo issue that's a SBMM/matchmaking issue.

    I did type alot more but forums signed me out so eh

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Every game is a DC, someone killing themselves on first hook or a face camping bubba.

    What on earth are you doing putting me with these people, I'm waiting 10mins for a game to be over in 3mins.

    congrats!

    you made it to high mmr!

  • You'd think there wasn't DC penalty at all in this game

  • Mine actually went up from 15% to 90%. There's something cyclical about the SBMM system which makes it so that no matter how much you lose/win, your opponents don't get adjusted. And then one morning you wake up and it's the polar opposite.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    Every game is a DC, someone killing themselves on first hook or a face camping bubba.

    What on earth are you doing putting me with these people, I'm waiting 10mins for a game to be over in 3mins.

    Sounds like SBMM is working correctly. You never escape, so you get paired with potato players ๐Ÿ˜‚