Should AFK Crow timer still run even though you are in Killer terror radius?

I say no.

If you are hiding in a locker, or behind something, and you are within the terror radius and close to the killer, the AFK Crow timer should pause. When the killer's terror radius is gone, THEN the timer continues.


Makes no sense.

I successfully juked a killer

managed to get in a locker

killer is confused where I went

killer DOES NOT leave the area and keeps looking for me

I get AFK crows and he finds me. That's stupid as hell.

Comments

  • Lol... What? The only reason it exists is purely to prevent survivors from hiding in the same spot. If you get crows and you aren't genuinely afk, you are doing something very wrong.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    Lol... What? The only reason it exists is purely to prevent survivors from hiding in the same spot. If you get crows and you aren't genuinely afk, you are doing something very wrong.

    Hide in locker as killer is coming right at you --> Killer stays right near you for a long time, searching the area ---> AFK Crows ---> Killer finds you

    This literally just happened to me. If I came out, killer would see me. So I stayed in the locker waiting for killer to leave the generator area, and he wouldn't. I got AFK crows and killer found me.

    I argue that this should be fixed. If killer is near you in terror radius = AFK Crow timer is paused.

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2830333#Comment_2830333

    Hide in locker as killer is coming right at you --> Killer stays right near you for a long time, searching the area ---> AFK Crows ---> Killer finds you

    To be fair, that is like the immersed players version of running a killer for 3 gens. Rofl. You should still be proud.

  • More than likely they will walk away enough for you to exit the locker for you to either get to a pallet or window. I highly doubt they wouldn't check your locker anyway.

  • If killer does not leave area, you should be found.

    BUT lockers will basically disable the capability to do so, thus, we need the crow.

  • why was this moved to feedback. Its a discussion among the community about a feature in the game

  • @SilentShepherd said:

    why was this moved to feedback. Its a discussion among the community about a feature in the game

    Feedback and suggestions.

    What's wrong with your suggestion for a change to the afk timer being in the suggestion area?

  • That's the point of the afk crows. To keep people from hiding in one spot. You can move around while in the killer's terror radius you just have to be careful while doing it. Plus do you know how long it takes crows to form and for them to start notifying the killer. You kind of deserved to be found there for just staying in the locker the whole time and not moving hence the afk crows.

  • In addition to all of the above replies, note that it takes 60 seconds of “stillness” to get an afk crow. They don’t just appear if you’re in a locker for a short bit while a killer is looking around.