I think DS should deactivate on endgame, and BT have a minor active time

How many times SWF's abuse those perks to get everyone out, DS should be a anti-tunneling perk, but there are a lot of instances where people use it just to mess with the killer at endgame, same with BT, i think these should be nerfed in endgame because, cmon its endgame, everything goes. What do you think?

Comments

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2825513#Comment_2825513

    1) "Punish" is a frequently used term in the video game community to refer to a player suffering a strategic reprecussion for a particular action. I don't know why you are implying that it is not universally accepted terminology.

    2) Then that person gets a virtually guaranteed escape during the end game.

    3) Two Killer abilities become partially inert once the game reaches its final phase (Pig's RBTs and Freddy's teleports). So yeah, the whole argument of "no other game does this" just makes no sense. Also, "eat the DS" or "just hook everyone enough" are not acceptable counters. One because it means you have to actively play into it, which goes against the entire notion of playing around it, and the other because it is a glorified way of saying "git gud."

    you seem very difficult to please.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2825513#Comment_2825513

    1) "Punish" is a frequently used term in the video game community to refer to a player suffering a strategic reprecussion for a particular action. I don't know why you are implying that it is not universally accepted terminology.

    2) Then that person gets a virtually guaranteed escape during the end game.

    3) Two Killer abilities become partially inert once the game reaches its final phase (Pig's RBTs and Freddy's teleports). So yeah, the whole argument of "no other game does this" just makes no sense. Also, "eat the DS" or "just hook everyone enough" are not acceptable counters. One because it means you have to actively play into it, which goes against the entire notion of playing around it, and the other because it is a glorified way of saying "git gud."

    So if you don't tunnel them out midgame, they get a free escape later? So then you must be tunneling then out mid game, so how exactly do they still have DS?

    By that logic blast mine becomes pretty useless too, but you know that's not the same thing.

    I'm sorry the big bad DS is making you think about how and when you hook survivors. I don't know what you want. Well I do, you want to be handed a free pass to ignore survivor perks at an arbitrary point in the game just because it's easier for you than getting better. What I don't know is why you believe that to be a reasonable request.

  • I already explained in another post what it would take to satisfy me regardig DS.

    @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2825542#Comment_2825542

    So if you don't tunnel them out midgame, they get a free escape later? So then you must be tunneling then out mid game, so how exactly do they still have DS?

    By that logic blast mine becomes pretty useless too, but you know that's not the same thing.

    I'm sorry the big bad DS is making you think about how and when you hook survivors. I don't know what you want. Well I do, you want to be handed a free pass to ignore survivor perks at an arbitrary point in the game just because it's easier for you than getting better. What I don't know is why you believe that to be a reasonable request.

    What I am saying is that a perk designed to discourage tunneling should not encourage Killers to tunnel ASAP so that it does not give Survivors a near-guaranteed escape at the end of the game. That is bad design IMO.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2823343#Comment_2823343

    Oh, sorry that people have friends.

    So, play KYF with no game progression yourself if you don't wanna deal with SWF.

    Y’all taking this personal. Relax with the sarcasm. I’m a solo survivor main who occasionally plays with friends, & who occasionally plays killer. Things that help killers compete with SWF tend to be a bit much for solo Que players to handle. Communication on mics TRUMPS everything. Wraiths last buff was a perfect example. It made him more viable to go against SWF’s (still wasn’t enough though), but he was too much for solo Que players. That’s why he got nerfed/dialed back.

    ‘A lot of killers dodge lobbies when they suspect it’s a 4 man- that says a lot. I stand by what I say, and truly believe that’s what the game needs. It’s not going to happen, it’s just my opinion- so the passive aggressiveness in here is unnecessary.

  • @drsoontm said:

    DS: I've often thought it was unfair to have a free escape by DS during EGC. Then I realized it means that either the killer hasn't managed to get the survivor or that he has played "fair" like a sucker. Ergo, it's fine.

    BT: The time seems just right. A shorter time would make it pointless and a longer one would make it too powerful.

    Yes, because in a meta that's Blight, Blight, Blight, Spirit, Blight, Huntress, Facecamp Bubba, Facecamp Bubba we really need to discourage killers from playing fairly and play as sweaty, tunnel-y, and camp-y as possible.

  • @Reshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2825052#Comment_2825052

    Yes, because in a meta that's Blight, Blight, Blight, Spirit, Blight, Huntress, Facecamp Bubba, Facecamp Bubba we really need to discourage killers from playing fairly and play as sweaty, tunnel-y, and camp-y as possible.

    The same way we need to discourage survivors to use unpleasant tactics?

  • This is why you should "deal" with any DS during the match, so that you don't have to worry later. BT is fine.

  • @RenRen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2823707#Comment_2823707

    I don't think you know how detrimental eating a DS or hitting someone with BT is.

    Also "Eat a DS midgame if you can afford it". What if you can't? Then what?

    The most common thing in my killer games about BT is that I down the unhooker and spend another like 5-10 seconds to check for BT. If he has, the survivor spends 12 additional seconds to mend, if not I got a double down.

    A typical DS situation is someone jumping into a locker. That gives me a free get-rid-of-DS rather than a 30-40 second chase. Both not that detrimental.

    Other situations? Yeah sure, can happen. But it is surely not like every game there are free escapes and that every survivor gets his perks "abused" when there are like 4 DS + 4 BT in a game. that is half the perks spent on survivor side for safe unhooking, and there is surely not 12 situations in such a game where survivors can "abuse" massive value out of these perks

1 2 3 ›