If you wanna bring Strangers Things dlc back to dbd, what would you do?

Anyways since I wanna make a thing about how the stranger things dlc can come back.

Speaking of good news actually their puzzle game was a fail.

But, what can you do to bring it back in dbd and how can you actually bring it back to the fog? Would you send a petition or ask Netflix again. Just put your answers in the comment and let everyone know why you want it back.

Comments

  • Request Netflix reconsiders and pray that BHVR can afford the cost of licencing the IP.

  • I would rework Hawkins into Trickster's studio and that is it. No need for Stranger Things content, surprised people are so in love with it despite some being against horror legends in the video game space such as Resident Evil or Silent Hill. But some nostalgia pandering series from a streaming service and everyone is like, "yep, that fits."


    No hate. I love Stranger Things, but the double standard is literally insane and the map was the only thing of value despite the fact that a lot of people were happy to see content leave. It is baffling and I do not even care to understand it.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    I would rework Hawkins into Trickster's studio and that is it. No need for Stranger Things content, surprised people are so in love with it despite some being against horror legends in the video game space such as Resident Evil or Silent Hill. But some nostalgia pandering series from a streaming service and everyone is like, "yep, that fits."

    No hate. I love Stranger Things, but the double standard is literally insane and the map was the only thing of value despite the fact that a lot of people were happy to see content leave. It is baffling and I do not even care to understand it.

    i just want demo to be available to people again :(


    also robyn as a skin for nancy

  • I already own the Stranger Things stuff so I don't really care personally.

  • image.png

    No Cherry, No Deal.

  • Buy controlling stock in Netflix?

  • As long as the Nightmare Edition is available you still can get Demo and Nancy and Steve. At least on physical disk.

    I am not sure if Netflix can reconsider.

    Maybe if their games flop and they discard the idea.

  • You have to offer Netflix more money for the rights than they feel they could make on their own in the gaming industry.

    Their first attempt flopped, but the next one could be a hit, so they're probably still asking for quite a lot of money

  • @AsherFrost said:

    You have to offer Netflix more money for the rights than they feel they could make on their own in the gaming industry.

    Their first attempt flopped, but the next one could be a hit, so they're probably still asking for quite a lot of money

    Their 1st attempt or their 4th?

  • If they are still making attempts, then they are still seeing dollar signs.

  • @AsherFrost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2823190#Comment_2823190

    If they are still making attempts, then they are still seeing dollar signs.

    Weren't there like 3 mobile games before the bejewelled ripoff?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2823197#Comment_2823197

    Weren't there like 3 mobile games before the bejewelled ripoff?

    I haven't the slightest idea. I dont really pay attention to mobile games. (Not because I think they shouldn't count as games or whatever edgelord nonsense has people trying to decide who is and isn't a real gamer, I just have to use my phone for work so I don't have the space to install a bunch of games on it as well)

  • Not really sure how Stranger Things could come back unless Netflix changes their mind about licensing it for DbD AND BHVR wants to resume paying for the license.

    It'd probably make more financial sense for BHVR to just re-skin Demo and rebrand it as an original killer so that the (generally fun) gameplay mechanics of Demo's power can continue to be available for everyone.

  • Make a mechanically identical version of Demo for Killers who missed out. Highly doubt Netflix would be able to do anything about it as long as BHVR doesn't use any Stranger Things assets. That's the main thing I care about.

  • I think the best part of the stranger things chapter was probably the perks, which while renamed, still exist and as far as I understand should still appear in the shrine.

    That being said, I totally get people just love the franchise, love playing as demo (he's not for me, but that's why there are 20+ other options) and just love being Nancy or Steve.

    I have to believe anyone, no matter which side they play more, who claims to miss Hawkins or like it, are suffering from a new form of Stockholm Syndrome.