Could use some help from pyramid head's connoisseurs

Hi. I'm fairly new member of this community. I'm also a fairly new pyramid head player and so far I'm really liking him and how dangerous he is for the survivors. However I'm having a few issues with him that's mostly resulting in 1k games.

My main problem is just how slow he is when chasing someone. A regular game goes like this:

I start and can usually find someone in less than 30 seconds. I'm using corrupt so they are either moving or hiding rather than repairing. After finding someone and get in a chase I can generally get a hit within 20 seconds. Sometimes faster if they try to vault or drop a pallet.

Then here comes my problem. The survivor darts into the horizon and I find myself with two choices. Break chase, let him go heal and try to find someone else or commit to chase and down him. Commiting means slowly catching up with them and getting a second hit. This can take anything from 40 seconds to 90 seconds if the player know what he is doing. Usually less experienced players will try to hide in a gym or tile, easy hit, but experienced one will literally hold W nonstop stringing vaults which means simply catching up takes 60 seconds.

So far I have been committing because I see no point dropping the chase and letting them heal when I don't even know for sure where someone else is.

Sure enough when I drop and hook, anything from 1 to 3 gens get done in quick succession. I'm using pain resonance so if I'm lucky I can get to a genny to prevent one from getting done, but here come my second issue. By this point I really only have 1 hook. Now for all killers this is true but I feel pyramid has very little come back potential.

My other slow killer, also my favorite, plague, suffers from the same, but I can easily take control of the match most times snowball, but I can't do the same with pyramid.

So, how do you get more consistent with him? I'm still getting his perks done and all, I'm building to use a heavy slow plus info build (pain resonance, pop goes the weasel, eruption and BBQ) but I'm not sure if this will tip the balance.

Any help is appreciated

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru

    Tagging the number one PH main EU, hopefully he can help.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    @GoodBoyKaru

    Tagging the number one PH main EU, hopefully he can help.

    Omg omg hey hi yes I'm here

    Okay so:

    You want to commit to the chase. Especially at the start of the game, your power means as soon as you're in range they're essentially downed so it's just a matter of holding w too (at which point you will never want to use your power to catch up quicker). Get them on a hook, and begin to swing momentum until you hit your Pressure Point of No Return.

    Some maps you're just screwed, like Saloon or RPD or Badham, where holding W is even more effective because of spots you can't use your power, but others you've got lots of places to use it and get downs so he's absolutely map dependent.

    Leaving them means they can heal up with COH and you'll never get any map pressure; you want to build this pressure as soon as is physically possible.

    Don't be afraid to M1 either. Being overly reliant on your power makes for fun games but is a terrible way to win- go for out of animation lock shots and regular zoning, look at how each survivor plays and adapt yourself accordingly. If they dodge a lot expecting through the wall POTD, then zone them. If they keep running then predict and hit them.

    Now, as for your perks- Pain Resonance as PH is terrible. It's trash tier. It's hot garbage. It's genuinely awful.

    You want minimal downtime to maximise time you can spend travelling the map and chasing survivors (though if they loop chases shouldn't last more than 20 second each if you're playing to win). Any Scourge Hook perk makes you want to spend more time carrying, meaning you have greater downtime which in turn will mess up your potential for momentum. Personally, I'd suggest either Corrupt + Pop or Ruin + Undying, with Infectious Fright and I'm All Ears to back these up. BBQ over Infectious for most games because Bloodpoints but again, if you're playing to win, then Infectious all the way. IMO Corrupt + Pop is a lot more consistent, but Ruin + Undying feels better because you don't have to kick gens and can just go chase to chase to chase, again removing a lot of downtime.

    As for him not having much comeback, absolutely not! His torment is one of the best for accelerating hook states or eliminating a survivor and the very threat of this will make survivors play more carefully, effectively allowing for later games to be a lot better. Corrupt can help in forcing a 3 gen if you have it. Remember that the game isn't over and you always have a chance to return until the very last gen pops (and even then you can still secure kills). PH can make unhooking with you nearby ultra unsafe because of the ability to hit multiple people.

    Now, how to get better. The first thing you can do is practice practice practice. I've sunk over a thousand hours into exclusively him and I still make mistakes I warn others of doing (some because I don't care about the outcome of the game and others because I just make mistakes lol). I like to flick at loops, but this takes a lot of skill and prediction and sometimes I just mess it up- it's okay, you can't win them all.

    I made a guide! I'm working on updating it now but it still contains a lot of very good tips I play by to this day. Here it ia:

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    So a few attentive people may recognise this from a comment I made yesterday (technically it was 24 minutes into today but let's not talk semantics). A couple of people suggested I make it a real post because "That's an excellent guide, very well put together." So, here I am. I've added a few more things so it's still worth a read.

    This will cover what is, in my opinion, his best build and why, as well as a few tips on playing him & a few videos.

    So hey, it's me- GoodBoyKaru, your friendly neighbourhood Pyramid Head main- here to give some swift Tips and Tricks(tm) to help make you a better Pyramid Head player!

    For the record, this was made during DBD Patch 4.7.2

    Build

    PERKS

    My personal favourite and imho strongest build is this:

    • Corrupt Intervention

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/5A01IV8RME2M/image.png

    Crucial early-game slowdown on a killer without mobility, allows him to stall the game massively because survivors know that if they get found they're doomed.

    • Pop Goes The Weasel

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FHA7ZFNAKVZY/image.png

    It's the second best gen regression perk in the game, Ruin is too volatile to be anywhere near reliable on him because, again, no movement speed, he needs gen perks because he cannot move around the map quick enough, 11/10. "But you don't hook pe-" WRONG. You should be getting plenty of value out of PGTW and if you're overcaging then you're taking your map pressure and throwing it out the window.

    • Barbeque and Chili

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/SC8THLXSY3RP/image.png

    Now, you could obviously put other perks here like Infectious Fright (amazing snowball), Tinkerer (Undetectable is nice and it helps tell you where to go but again no movement speed) or Discordance (amazing info, can sometimes do nothing about it). However I say BBQ because I like the perk and also because bloodpoints.

    • I'm All Ears

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/V90CSL0I44NO/image.png

    Hands down the best perk in the game for Pyramid Head, that's six seconds of wallhacks. I cannot stress how valuable this is with his power- that is a guaranteed free hit in 9/10 situations. To show what I mean, I've linked a timestamped video below of where IAE comes in so clutch- continues to 5:16 in the video.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=296s

    (you can watch the whole thing if you really want I'm proud of the game).

    An honourable mention here goes to Ruin/Undying over Pop/Corrupt. As I've mentioned before, Tinkerer isn't a great perk on him due to his lack of speed, but the same goes for Ruin/Undying. You don't have the map mobility to defend your totems, especially if they spawn further away, and you'll probably end up losing two perks before 2 gens go. Corrupt/Pop is just more consistent in my experience.

    ADD-ONS

    So, his add-ons aren't great. The best ones, by far, are range add-ons which, when combined, extend his POTD by up to 2.5m (10.5m total). These are Burning Man Painting (Rare), Wax Doll (Uncommon), and Black Strap (Common), which ass +1.5m, +1m, and +0.5m respectively.

    tips

    Okay so rule number one is to not break pallets. Sounds weird but, just trust me.

    His power is incredibly strong in a chase- so much so that if a survivor commits to an animation they die. If you don't break pallets (with some exceptions like God pallets) you can do amazing things. Because who doesn't want more opportunities to win a chase, like, instantly? It turns incredibly safe pallets into death sentences

    To show what I mean, here's another timestamped clip. Ends at 10:58

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu3X5o9GpjY&t=646s

    Learn the range of the power. 8m is specific and sometimes you think you can hit things and you can't. You need to be very careful, especially when playing with range add-ons for so long, because it can and will screw with your perception.

    Adapt to the survivors you're facing. A lot of players will fake taking an animation, go to the side slightly to bait your POTD or your cancel, and then commit to the animation. If you turn to the side and release, you'll catch a lot of these survivors out and get a hit. It's really satisfying to do. Alternatively some survivors will commit to the animations regardless, in which case you'll know to aim in the centre. Other survivors will just hold W and pre-drop pallets, in which case you know to leave them because you'll really struggle catching up, or do not use your power.

    I cannot stress that enough. If a survivor is pre-dropping W key gaming, do not use your power. M1 killer them.

    Don't overcage and don't stress about torment. If a survivor loops you, they'll get tormented. That's just kinda how it works- you stick your knife in, follow them around a loop, and release your POTD after tracking their movements.

    To see what I mean we return to the first video, again timestamped. Clip ends at 1:36.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJs4rvkppqs&t=83s

    See how I hug the car, turn the camera and use the power to hit him out of animation lock? Had he kept running, easy torment too.

    In my opinion, only cage someone in one of four scenarios:

    • You're afraid of a DS (just please don't tunnel I'm begging you)
    • You're afraid of an Unbreakable (much more likely)
    • You can immidiately get into another chase
    • It would place you into a Pressure Point Of No Return (name pending).

    What I mean by that last point is that there comes a time in a DBD game where the killer will hit a Pressure Point Of No Return, where the survivors physically cannot come back from the amount of pressure and momentum you're building. The best example of this as Pyramid Head is where you split the map through cages. You have two downed survivors. Cage one, hook the other. Nobody is on a generator, you have a BBQ proc to interrupt the person saving the cage or the hook, and now the last person must save both people. On especially large maps, like Mother's Dwelling, or multi-storied ones, like Midwich, this can force people into second stage and you've won the game at 5 gens. It's more common than you'd think.

    If you cage at other times you're probably wasting pressure you could've gotten from a hook.

    Learn where you can and can't lay trails. In front of totems and lockers? Amazing. In front of a gen? Not at all, it becomes a Restricted Trail Element and disappears after a few seconds. The DBD Wiki has a section on this which I'll just paste below.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2808XTGCLSHV/image.png

    I'd highly, highly suggest reading the wiki page on his power as it's really useful in understanding the fundamentals and giving actual values to words. Here it is:

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/Pyramid_Head

    Finally, learn where you can and can't use POTD. It sounds like a simple thing but learning where you can and can't use it, however there's a lot to it. For example, learning how vertical changes affect it. Did you know if you release his power on a slope going up it'll fail, same with releasing it on a slope going down. However, if you're barely off of the slope it'll travel down it, but only if it isn't too steep.

    It's nuts but knowing where you can and can't actually have an ability is, funnily enough, pretty important.

    A few more quick-fire tips:

    • Don't just go for animation lock shots. People expect these and adapt. Be unpredictable to catch them off guard and get easy hits. Like this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U1k10I-zG4&feature=emb_logo

    Bet they didn't expect that one :p

    Needless to say that was where I hit a Pressure Point Of No Return and poor Jakey couldn't pick up the scraps.

    • Don't spam his power. You waste too much time. Be precise, predict, and adapt to your opponents.
    • Don't spam his trails. You move at 110% and you already lack a movement ability, you waste too much time.
    • Tunneling isn't the best strategy. I know it seems like it because cages but again, you do not have a movement ability. Survivors can and will facefuck generators and ruin your day substantially.
    • Dead Dawg Saloon and Hawkins are both maps you never press M2 on ever. Play like a default M1 killer because the map design prevents you from using your power. They're pretty much auto-loss maps, ngl, unless the survivors really badly mess up.
    • Play survivor. Learn where survivors move and how they path, shoot POTD to hit them. That's what I did in that last clip.

    And, yeah, that's about it. If people have any questions please let me know and I'll try to answer them as best I can, though I think this is comprehensive enough.

    Also, to give you an idea of the shots I mean, here's 3 and a half minutes of me using his power to mostly good effect over 4 different matches:

    https://youtu.be/QX5j1JaM56w

    Hope this can help and if you need more tips or need me to expand on something just lmk!

    Edit: let me just go off on why I think Corrupt is gorgeous on him. He has no mobility ability, and therefore will traverse the map slowly. Corrupt severely limits the initial patrol route to 4 gens over 7, so even if it takes you a minute to find someone that's a minute nobody has been on gens and you can be sure of this because the gens you didn't patrol were blocked by Corrupt, making progress on them impossible. It's so incredibly useful for his early game, but obviously if survivors do nothing but get hit and run towards the Corrupted gens then leave them to keep patrolling.

    Also, if a survivor runs you to another who's on a gen that you can hit easily, switch targets. The injured person will spend time healing or running back to the gen when they realise you left them but you've also interrupted someone else (got regression on the gen if you're using Ruin) and bought yourself a few more valuable seconds. In DBD as killer every single second you spend in the trial is of vital importance and one wrong decision can cost you the match. It's important you gain as much time as you can to guard against this and play as efficiently as possible if you truly want to win.

    But I play for fun so I obviously don't 4k every single trial and don't play efficiently, so if you ever watch gameplay where I'm not 100% serious on winning you'll probably spot plenty of errors lmfao

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820954#Comment_2820954

    Omg omg hey hi yes I'm here

    Okay so:

    You want to commit to the chase. Especially at the start of the game, your power means as soon as you're in range they're essentially downed so it's just a matter of holding w too (at which point you will never want to use your power to catch up quicker). Get them on a hook, and begin to swing momentum until you hit your Pressure Point of No Return.

    Some maps you're just screwed, like Saloon or RPD or Badham, where holding W is even more effective because of spots you can't use your power, but others you've got lots of places to use it and get downs so he's absolutely map dependent.

    Leaving them means they can heal up with COH and you'll never get any map pressure; you want to build this pressure as soon as is physically possible.

    Don't be afraid to M1 either. Being overly reliant on your power makes for fun games but is a terrible way to win- go for out of animation lock shots and regular zoning, look at how each survivor plays and adapt yourself accordingly. If they dodge a lot expecting through the wall POTD, then zone them. If they keep running then predict and hit them.

    Now, as for your perks- Pain Resonance as PH is terrible. It's trash tier. It's hot garbage. It's genuinely awful.

    You want minimal downtime to maximise time you can spend travelling the map and chasing survivors (though if they loop chases shouldn't last more than 20 second each if you're playing to win). Any Scourge Hook perk makes you want to spend more time carrying, meaning you have greater downtime which in turn will mess up your potential for momentum. Personally, I'd suggest either Corrupt + Pop or Ruin + Undying, with Infectious Fright and I'm All Ears to back these up. BBQ over Infectious for most games because Bloodpoints but again, if you're playing to win, then Infectious all the way. IMO Corrupt + Pop is a lot more consistent, but Ruin + Undying feels better because you don't have to kick gens and can just go chase to chase to chase, again removing a lot of downtime.

    As for him not having much comeback, absolutely not! His torment is one of the best for accelerating hook states or eliminating a survivor and the very threat of this will make survivors play more carefully, effectively allowing for later games to be a lot better. Corrupt can help in forcing a 3 gen if you have it. Remember that the game isn't over and you always have a chance to return until the very last gen pops (and even then you can still secure kills). PH can make unhooking with you nearby ultra unsafe because of the ability to hit multiple people.

    Now, how to get better. The first thing you can do is practice practice practice. I've sunk over a thousand hours into exclusively him and I still make mistakes I warn others of doing (some because I don't care about the outcome of the game and others because I just make mistakes lol). I like to flick at loops, but this takes a lot of skill and prediction and sometimes I just mess it up- it's okay, you can't win them all.

    I made a guide! I'm working on updating it now but it still contains a lot of very good tips I play by to this day. Here it ia:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/251317/a-quick-lesson-on-how-to-play-pyramid-head-properly

    Also, to give you an idea of the shots I mean, here's 3 and a half minutes of me using his power to mostly good effect over 4 different matches:

    https://youtu.be/QX5j1JaM56w

    Hope this can help and if you need more tips or need me to expand on something just lmk!

    Edit: let me just go off on why I think Corrupt is gorgeous on him. He has no mobility ability, and therefore will traverse the map slowly. Corrupt severely limits the initial patrol route to 4 gens over 7, so even if it takes you a minute to find someone that's a minute nobody has been on gens and you can be sure of this because the gens you didn't patrol were blocked by Corrupt, making progress on them impossible. It's so incredibly useful for his early game, but obviously if survivors do nothing but get hit and run towards the Corrupted gens then leave them to keep patrolling.

    Also, if a survivor runs you to another who's on a gen that you can hit easily, switch targets. The injured person will spend time healing or running back to the gen when they realise you left them but you've also interrupted someone else (got regression on the gen if you're using Ruin) and bought yourself a few more valuable seconds. In DBD as killer every single second you spend in the trial is of vital importance and one wrong decision can cost you the match. It's important you gain as much time as you can to guard against this and play as efficiently as possible if you truly want to win.

    But I play for fun so I obviously don't 4k every single trial and don't play efficiently, so if you ever watch gameplay where I'm not 100% serious on winning you'll probably spot plenty of errors lmfao

    That was very beautiful to watch and soothing for the soul.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820954#Comment_2820954

    Omg omg hey hi yes I'm here

    Okay so:

    You want to commit to the chase. Especially at the start of the game, your power means as soon as you're in range they're essentially downed so it's just a matter of holding w too (at which point you will never want to use your power to catch up quicker). Get them on a hook, and begin to swing momentum until you hit your Pressure Point of No Return.

    Some maps you're just screwed, like Saloon or RPD or Badham, where holding W is even more effective because of spots you can't use your power, but others you've got lots of places to use it and get downs so he's absolutely map dependent.

    Leaving them means they can heal up with COH and you'll never get any map pressure; you want to build this pressure as soon as is physically possible.

    Don't be afraid to M1 either. Being overly reliant on your power makes for fun games but is a terrible way to win- go for out of animation lock shots and regular zoning, look at how each survivor plays and adapt yourself accordingly. If they dodge a lot expecting through the wall POTD, then zone them. If they keep running then predict and hit them.

    Now, as for your perks- Pain Resonance as PH is terrible. It's trash tier. It's hot garbage. It's genuinely awful.

    You want minimal downtime to maximise time you can spend travelling the map and chasing survivors (though if they loop chases shouldn't last more than 20 second each if you're playing to win). Any Scourge Hook perk makes you want to spend more time carrying, meaning you have greater downtime which in turn will mess up your potential for momentum. Personally, I'd suggest either Corrupt + Pop or Ruin + Undying, with Infectious Fright and I'm All Ears to back these up. BBQ over Infectious for most games because Bloodpoints but again, if you're playing to win, then Infectious all the way. IMO Corrupt + Pop is a lot more consistent, but Ruin + Undying feels better because you don't have to kick gens and can just go chase to chase to chase, again removing a lot of downtime.

    As for him not having much comeback, absolutely not! His torment is one of the best for accelerating hook states or eliminating a survivor and the very threat of this will make survivors play more carefully, effectively allowing for later games to be a lot better. Corrupt can help in forcing a 3 gen if you have it. Remember that the game isn't over and you always have a chance to return until the very last gen pops (and even then you can still secure kills). PH can make unhooking with you nearby ultra unsafe because of the ability to hit multiple people.

    Now, how to get better. The first thing you can do is practice practice practice. I've sunk over a thousand hours into exclusively him and I still make mistakes I warn others of doing (some because I don't care about the outcome of the game and others because I just make mistakes lol). I like to flick at loops, but this takes a lot of skill and prediction and sometimes I just mess it up- it's okay, you can't win them all.

    I made a guide! I'm working on updating it now but it still contains a lot of very good tips I play by to this day. Here it ia:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/251317/a-quick-lesson-on-how-to-play-pyramid-head-properly

    Also, to give you an idea of the shots I mean, here's 3 and a half minutes of me using his power to mostly good effect over 4 different matches:

    https://youtu.be/QX5j1JaM56w

    Hope this can help and if you need more tips or need me to expand on something just lmk!

    Edit: let me just go off on why I think Corrupt is gorgeous on him. He has no mobility ability, and therefore will traverse the map slowly. Corrupt severely limits the initial patrol route to 4 gens over 7, so even if it takes you a minute to find someone that's a minute nobody has been on gens and you can be sure of this because the gens you didn't patrol were blocked by Corrupt, making progress on them impossible. It's so incredibly useful for his early game, but obviously if survivors do nothing but get hit and run towards the Corrupted gens then leave them to keep patrolling.

    Also, if a survivor runs you to another who's on a gen that you can hit easily, switch targets. The injured person will spend time healing or running back to the gen when they realise you left them but you've also interrupted someone else (got regression on the gen if you're using Ruin) and bought yourself a few more valuable seconds. In DBD as killer every single second you spend in the trial is of vital importance and one wrong decision can cost you the match. It's important you gain as much time as you can to guard against this and play as efficiently as possible if you truly want to win.

    But I play for fun so I obviously don't 4k every single trial and don't play efficiently, so if you ever watch gameplay where I'm not 100% serious on winning you'll probably spot plenty of errors lmfao

    that was fun to watch

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2820954#Comment_2820954

    Omg omg hey hi yes I'm here

    Okay so:

    You want to commit to the chase. Especially at the start of the game, your power means as soon as you're in range they're essentially downed so it's just a matter of holding w too (at which point you will never want to use your power to catch up quicker). Get them on a hook, and begin to swing momentum until you hit your Pressure Point of No Return.

    Some maps you're just screwed, like Saloon or RPD or Badham, where holding W is even more effective because of spots you can't use your power, but others you've got lots of places to use it and get downs so he's absolutely map dependent.

    Leaving them means they can heal up with COH and you'll never get any map pressure; you want to build this pressure as soon as is physically possible.

    Don't be afraid to M1 either. Being overly reliant on your power makes for fun games but is a terrible way to win- go for out of animation lock shots and regular zoning, look at how each survivor plays and adapt yourself accordingly. If they dodge a lot expecting through the wall POTD, then zone them. If they keep running then predict and hit them.

    Now, as for your perks- Pain Resonance as PH is terrible. It's trash tier. It's hot garbage. It's genuinely awful.

    You want minimal downtime to maximise time you can spend travelling the map and chasing survivors (though if they loop chases shouldn't last more than 20 second each if you're playing to win). Any Scourge Hook perk makes you want to spend more time carrying, meaning you have greater downtime which in turn will mess up your potential for momentum. Personally, I'd suggest either Corrupt + Pop or Ruin + Undying, with Infectious Fright and I'm All Ears to back these up. BBQ over Infectious for most games because Bloodpoints but again, if you're playing to win, then Infectious all the way. IMO Corrupt + Pop is a lot more consistent, but Ruin + Undying feels better because you don't have to kick gens and can just go chase to chase to chase, again removing a lot of downtime.

    As for him not having much comeback, absolutely not! His torment is one of the best for accelerating hook states or eliminating a survivor and the very threat of this will make survivors play more carefully, effectively allowing for later games to be a lot better. Corrupt can help in forcing a 3 gen if you have it. Remember that the game isn't over and you always have a chance to return until the very last gen pops (and even then you can still secure kills). PH can make unhooking with you nearby ultra unsafe because of the ability to hit multiple people.

    Now, how to get better. The first thing you can do is practice practice practice. I've sunk over a thousand hours into exclusively him and I still make mistakes I warn others of doing (some because I don't care about the outcome of the game and others because I just make mistakes lol). I like to flick at loops, but this takes a lot of skill and prediction and sometimes I just mess it up- it's okay, you can't win them all.

    I made a guide! I'm working on updating it now but it still contains a lot of very good tips I play by to this day. Here it ia:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/251317/a-quick-lesson-on-how-to-play-pyramid-head-properly

    Also, to give you an idea of the shots I mean, here's 3 and a half minutes of me using his power to mostly good effect over 4 different matches:

    https://youtu.be/QX5j1JaM56w

    Hope this can help and if you need more tips or need me to expand on something just lmk!

    Edit: let me just go off on why I think Corrupt is gorgeous on him. He has no mobility ability, and therefore will traverse the map slowly. Corrupt severely limits the initial patrol route to 4 gens over 7, so even if it takes you a minute to find someone that's a minute nobody has been on gens and you can be sure of this because the gens you didn't patrol were blocked by Corrupt, making progress on them impossible. It's so incredibly useful for his early game, but obviously if survivors do nothing but get hit and run towards the Corrupted gens then leave them to keep patrolling.

    Also, if a survivor runs you to another who's on a gen that you can hit easily, switch targets. The injured person will spend time healing or running back to the gen when they realise you left them but you've also interrupted someone else (got regression on the gen if you're using Ruin) and bought yourself a few more valuable seconds. In DBD as killer every single second you spend in the trial is of vital importance and one wrong decision can cost you the match. It's important you gain as much time as you can to guard against this and play as efficiently as possible if you truly want to win.

    But I play for fun so I obviously don't 4k every single trial and don't play efficiently, so if you ever watch gameplay where I'm not 100% serious on winning you'll probably spot plenty of errors lmfao

    OMG, you're awesome. I'm really grateful for the massively helpful guide.

    I hadn't realized how badly pain resonance was messing with my map pressure. I did saw a couple guides (red's) about the general gameplay and the do's and dont's of his power but this is so in depth. It's precious

    Of all the perks you list the only one I don't have is I'm all ears, but after seeing it in action I'm definitely getting good old ghostface. I wasn't very attracted to him, and was saving for Sadako, but I think it's worth it, because I'm really enjoying pyramid head.

    Thanks a bunch for all the helpful tips and information.

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    @GoodBoyKaru

    Tagging the number one PH main EU, hopefully he can help.

    Not EU @GoodBoyKaru

    Gg ez baby Brexiter

    /jk

  • @Chaos999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821005#Comment_2821005

    OMG, you're awesome. I'm really grateful for the massively helpful guide.

    I hadn't realized how badly pain resonance was messing with my map pressure. I did saw a couple guides (red's) about the general gameplay and the do's and dont's of his power but this is so in depth. It's precious

    Of all the perks you list the only one I don't have is I'm all ears, but after seeing it in action I'm definitely getting good old ghostface. I wasn't very attracted to him, and was saving for Sadako, but I think it's worth it, because I'm really enjoying pyramid head.

    Thanks a bunch for all the helpful tips and information.

    Quick advice on chapter buying- wait for new chapters to release!! Older content almost always goes on sale when new content drops, and even if this time around it for some reason doesn't go on sale it'll be 2 years old when Anniversary happens and it's almost guaranteed to be, like, 40-50% off then. If you think you can hold off just a bit longer (and who knows, it might show up in the Shrine at some point between then) then it's absolutely worth your time waiting till March 8th to save some money.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821233#Comment_2821233

    Quick advice on chapter buying- wait for new chapters to release!! Older content almost always goes on sale when new content drops, and even if this time around it for some reason doesn't go on sale it'll be 2 years old when Anniversary happens and it's almost guaranteed to be, like, 40-50% off then. If you think you can hold off just a bit longer (and who knows, it might show up in the Shrine at some point between then) then it's absolutely worth your time waiting till March 8th to save some money.

    Yeah, definitely gonna wait then. Thanks for that intel I had no idea of the anniversary or the new chapter thingy.

    It's not like I can buy and immediately level up ghostie anyway. I haven't even finished leveling pyramid xD.

    I'll toy around with other perks in the meantime, like infectious fright. Or eruption to synergize with pop.

  • @Chaos999 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821240#Comment_2821240

    Yeah, definitely gonna wait then. Thanks for that intel I had no idea of the anniversary or the new chapter thingy.

    It's not like I can buy and immediately level up ghostie anyway. I haven't even finished leveling pyramid xD.

    I'll toy around with other perks in the meantime, like infectious fright. Or eruption to synergize with pop.

    I actually tried out Eruption, believe it or not, when the RE chapter released lol. I couldn't really find a way to tech it into builds because I just found that the build I had (Corrupt/Pop/BBQ/IAE) just gave me more value than what Eruption ever could but if you're missing perks absolutely go for it- it wasn't bad by any means provided you're already kicking gens.

    Speaking of kicking gens- the new chapter (Sadako Rising, based off of the Ringu series and featuring Sadako as the killer) features a new perk "Call of Brine" which could go very well with a build where you do kick gens (ie. not Ruin/Undying); I'll obviously be playing around and trying to tech it into builds.

    image.png

    (side note: if you want to know everything new in this Chapter, I summarised the entire PTB here:)

    @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Hi.

    You may know me from summarising dev streams, or for having terrible takes complete with very passive aggressive comments, but a little known hobby of mine is also collecting and compiling all of the changes in a PTB to help people playing on consoles, or who are away from a consistent source of internet at the moment, understand exactly what changes have taken place, and see new content.

    Firstly, though, massive massive shoutout to my friends Laurie and Sow, both of whom helped me gather footage for this (with Laurie playing on his terrible laptop and only being able to move with arrow keys). I appreciate it both of you!

    The voice you may hear is that of Sow's, as my microphone decided to not cooperate with NVIDIA.

    So, here is every change, and all new content, from the 5.6.0 PTB, "Ringu":

    new content

    This update features two new characters: The Onryō and Yoichi Asakawa.

    the onryō

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/VXXCD46LUQD1/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8Y8DRH8LZ22K/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/Z490YQOIGMTT/image.png

    She is a 115%, short killer with a 32m terror radius.

    Lore

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OALL82UP4FPZ/image.png

    Perks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/EOMP2Y3NS34Z/image.png

    Tiers at 5/6/7 seconds.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2QRYE3BAKM8D/image.png

    Tiers at 150/175/200% regression speed.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/JG3S9O50T4UB/image.png

    Tiers at 16/18/20 seconds.

    Power

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2T7N847DPQCR/image.png

    Add-ons

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0EIP0JJUBX03/ringu-addons.png

    Mori

    She has a main mori and a mini mori, when a survivor is fully Condemned:

    https://youtu.be/exOReDAruAI

    Perks + Power in action:

    Both killer and survivor POVs.

    https://youtu.be/FOLRiEK7Upw

    Lobby animations:

    https://youtu.be/Ak-d_8pdv7c

    yoichi asakawa

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/QBGRXOPXFDGW/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/CGJKLO0OEOUJ/image.png

    Lore

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/KMBN2XPR6AJ1/image.png

    Perks

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/K92WINHLDZH8/image.png

    Tiers at 8/9/10 seconds.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/4AZPJI0PQQ0H/image.png

    Tiers at 32/64/96 meters.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/NKOBZG3D9SUT/image.png

    Tiers at 2/3/4 seconds after leaving the Boon's range.

    new lobby

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/0J1DKUYZISMM/image.png

    other changes

    - Daily Ritual tracking has been improved, however all Rituals must be wiped to do this. Upon starting the game for the first time in 5.6.0, all Rituals will be replaced.

    - Added an option to lock aspect ratios to 16:9 for Ultrawide users.

    - Stretched Resolution for an in-game advantage has been fixed!

    - New audio queues for each different map (not included in the post).


  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821005#Comment_2821005

    I know I didn’t start this tread but wanted to say thank you. I’ve been playing PH a lot lately and really enjoy him. This will be so useful.

    Absolutely no worries! I love sharing PH knowledge because I refuse to be the only person that ever plays him lol I adore this killer to death and if you ever need specific advice or need me to elaborate on exactly why I suggest something/suggest against something don't hesitate to ask!

  • Is there a challenge today?

    I faced so many Pyramids. Many more than usual.

  • I use PH a ton, but not really anything I can add to GBK's excellent and exhaustive advice here, but I just wanted to add a plug for I'm All Ears - there is no PH build I use that doesn't include this perk.

    I consider it essential, and leads to supremely gratifying hits.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    I use PH a ton, but not really anything I can add to GBK's excellent and exhaustive advice here, but I just wanted to add a plug for I'm All Ears - there is no PH build I use that doesn't include this perk.

    I consider it essential, and leads to supremely gratifying hits.

    More I'm All Ears love this truly is the best timeline

    In case you need more proof that this perk truly is godlike then

    https://clips.twitch.tv/ConfidentExuberantTapirJonCarnage-q6L8AS35HWXIsgFO

    (also like i said, i mess up a lot when i use my power for fun and not 100% seriously; i promise i play better when i care about the trial)

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821277#Comment_2821277

    I actually tried out Eruption, believe it or not, when the RE chapter released lol. I couldn't really find a way to tech it into builds because I just found that the build I had (Corrupt/Pop/BBQ/IAE) just gave me more value than what Eruption ever could but if you're missing perks absolutely go for it- it wasn't bad by any means provided you're already kicking gens.

    Speaking of kicking gens- the new chapter (Sadako Rising, based off of the Ringu series and featuring Sadako as the killer) features a new perk "Call of Brine" which could go very well with a build where you do kick gens (ie. not Ruin/Undying); I'll obviously be playing around and trying to tech it into builds.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/G6R0MGBAP6NJ/image.png

    (side note: if you want to know everything new in this Chapter, I summarised the entire PTB here:)

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/310595/all-new-content-sadako-rising-dbd-5-6-0-ptb

    I actually read that post and made me very interested in sadako. That perk and the hook one seem interesting but that was before I decided on pyramid head.

    And I don't know why there would be few people playing as him. I mean I got hooked (pun intended) after I played against him for the first time and was utterly stomped. I have never felt so powerless against any killer.

    Granted I'm a very bad survivor, I only play surv for challenges and easy dailies like sabotaging gens and fixing hooks (might be doing it wrong though) so I went and checked the guides and tier lists and whatnot before buying. He is just such an intimidating killer in a current meta that has survivors mostly dancing in front of you, it's positively refreshing to see survivors really trying to stay TF away from you and afraid of what might happen if they fail to do so.