Freddy fans rise up!

Let's show BHVR that we want old Freddy back!

I am not sure this will work but man every now and then I will try. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Comments

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2819127#Comment_2819127

    Of course, this is all just fantasy land anyways. No idea what beef Behavior has with the Wes Craven estate, but they do not want smoke, son. And it is REALLY unfortunate because we are missing so many horror icons because of whatever. And yet they agree to contracts roping them into NFTs or deleting maps instead of reskinning them. It is so cringe, bruh.

    An unfortunate situation indeed.

  • As much as I liked old Freddy he'd honestly get screwed over so hard in the new meta. CoH alone would be a free wake up for all survivors rendering him toothless.

  • @Massquwatt said:

    As much as I liked old Freddy he'd honestly get screwed over so hard in the new meta. CoH alone would be a free wake up for all survivors rendering him toothless.

    The Dream World Slowdown being used to against CoH is an interesting thought, though.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2819140#Comment_2819140

    The Dream World Slowdown being used to against CoH is an interesting thought, though.

    Maybe, if anything I'd rather advocate for NuFreddy get a complete addon pass and make his addons more interesting as well as viable. Hell I've even suggested this plenty of times before but you can bring back Freddy's old power in the form of addons. Just rework the rope/chains addons so it replaces his dream projection (gen teleport) with his old power so you can manually put survivors to sleep at a range with the downside being there's no more microsleep. It's simple, not too whacky of an idea plus it gives him a cool niche where you can use addons to mix and match your powers. gen teleport and snares? Sure thing. Maybe you want to have manual sleep and dream pallets? Just slap on those addons and you're all set.

  • @Massquwatt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2819147#Comment_2819147

    Maybe, if anything I'd rather advocate for NuFreddy get a complete addon pass and make his addons more interesting as well as viable. Hell I've even suggested this plenty of times before but you can bring back Freddy's old power in the form of addons. Just rework the rope/chains addons so it replaces his dream projection (gen teleport) with his old power so you can manually put survivors to sleep at a range with the downside being there's no more microsleep. It's simple, not too whacky of an idea plus it gives him a cool niche where you can use addons to mix and match your powers. gen teleport and snares? Sure thing. Maybe you want to have manual sleep and dream pallets? Just slap on those addons and you're all set.

    I would rather have his OG Power back, whether as a toggle option or an actual replacement for his current one, though I cannot say I would be ENTIRELY opposed to such idea.

    I've been fighting for the return of my beloved killer since August of 2019, literally a month after his rework. That is over 2 years.

    Desperation is starting to kick in.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2819153#Comment_2819153

    I would rather have his OG Power back, whether as a toggle option or an actual replacement for his current one, though I cannot say I would be ENTIRELY opposed to such idea.

    I've been fighting for the return of my beloved killer since August of 2019, literally a month after his rework. That is over 2 years.

    Desperation is starting to kick in.

    I don't think you'll ever get his original version back as a toggable if we're being honest here, that means BHVR having to balance and bugfix for two different killers and I just don't see that happening. Intergrating his old playstyle into the form of an addon (if a bit neutered) is probably the best compromise we can hope for really. A full on addon pass for Freddy is the best way going forward because let's face it, they're ALL garbage. Giving him fun and interesting stuff to play around with is a much better positive going forward for him rather than going back to the past Freddy.

  • I remember old Freddy but why would anyone want that back? not being able to hit a survivor till they were asleep

    putting people to sleep only for them to wake up faster then it was to put them to sleep was a pain

  • @Massquwatt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2819157#Comment_2819157

    I don't think you'll ever get his original version back as a toggable if we're being honest here, that means BHVR having to balance and bugfix for two different killers and I just don't see that happening. Intergrating his old playstyle into the form of an addon (if a bit neutered) is probably the best compromise we can hope for really. A full on addon pass for Freddy is the best way going forward because let's face it, they're ALL garbage. Giving him fun and interesting stuff to play around with is a much better positive going forward for him rather than going back to the past Freddy.

    Its BHVR we are talking about.

    What is, most likely, going to happen is that he'll be left in that sorry state until this poor excuse of a game dies. Same goes for Billy, btw.

  • @NekoGamerX said:

    I remember old Freddy but why would anyone want that back? not being able to hit a survivor till they were asleep

    putting people to sleep only for them to wake up faster then it was to put them to sleep was a pain

    Only if you didn't know what you were doing.

  • I'd love to play ninja Freddy again with the old red paint brush. Back when I first started playing I remember that was one of my favorite add-ons in the game.

  • I knew what I was doing most of the time only thing I remember people like about him was he was mostly invincible which he can still do with add on which is dumb and he had some kind of wall hack where he could see where survivors were all the time for got how that worked.

    I wouldn't care if he came back Id be happy with a Robert Englund Freddy and Nancy Thompson skins.

  • @Lx_malice said:

    I'd love to play ninja Freddy again with the old red paint brush. Back when I first started playing I remember that was one of my favorite add-ons in the game.

    This.

    @NekoGamerX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2819166#Comment_2819166

    I knew what I was doing most of the time only thing I remember people like about him was he was mostly invincible which he can still do with add on which is dumb and he had some kind of wall hack where he could see where survivors were all the time for got how that worked.

    I wouldn't care if he came back Id be happy with a Robert Englund Freddy and Nancy Thompson skins.

    ...You don't really remember much about him, do you?

    Well...at least you are not like some of the others who are very against his return, but played him like Wraith and then pathetically blamed their losses on the killer.

    I can respect that.

  • I wanna ask for a pin so bad but I don't think they would let me on this post </3 lol. Sadako and Pinhead are perfect though and their power feels like them. Old Freddy actually felt like that! Even if they got rid of the aura reading I would not mind tbh. Even I thought that was neat also though ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • It's so funny that I remember people calling him the worst killer, yet I remember doing so well with him...I remember a SWF telling me that for a bad killer I made him work and it made me so proud of myself....it was a very sweaty match also! ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • We're never going back to old Freddy, unless the devs can do something similar to his snares/pallets thing, where half his add-ons make him old Freddy and half of them are his current version.

  • Honestly, the sad part if this happens is that new Freddy mains will have to experience what old Freddy mains have: losing their favorite character.

    Wouldn't it be better if Freddy had an addon to revert him to old Freddy?

  • Sadako is basically BHVR giving old Freddy back. Not exactly the same, obviously, but pretty close. Especially if your run a bunch of aura-reading perks.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2819111#Comment_2819111

    "even though I was trash with freddy."

    I doubt that, tbh. I am sure you knew at least some of his tricks :)

    I knew what to do but I never was able to use him at his full potential but yeah I was hot trash with him but I still used him a lot which is why I miss him A LOT.

  • Old Freddy would be absolutely destroyed in todays game environment without significant changes.

  • @Rivyn said:

    Old Freddy would be absolutely destroyed in todays game environment without significant changes.

    Could easily change him up a bit, but keeping that feeling that made him special in the first place.

1 2 โ€บ