The killer should play how he wants without being shamed for it, but the shaming seems incentivized

In this game, the survivors can do their best to escape (as they should) and are not called "toxic" for it, but if the killer tunnels, camps and slugs for a 4k or 3k, or if the killer ever plays to get kills, he is considered a "sweaty" axhole who "just plays for wins" and toxic for being "unfun" and "boring" for the survivors; if the killer just get 2k or 1k or no kills, he will get mocked in the endgame chat with people bragging about how superior they are while calling the killer a "loser" and saying a bunch of things to make him feel bad. In the endgame chat, why be the most angry and extremely offensive person to the person playing killer? As if you NEVER had an escape before.

The killer should not camp in any way possible, should not bring "unfun" perks for the survivors, the killer should simply play killer "just to enjoy the chase" and "not caring for kills", sort of shaming the killer for playing optimally or the way he want; again, camping at 5 gens is not "toxic", tunneling to guarantee the kill is not "toxic", slugging for the 4k is not "toxic" and the killer is not the worst human being on the world in real life just because he played in a way in a online videogame. And no, camping does NOT need nerf, all of the other killer strategies are already dead with the new meta and camping only works depending on the situation and determined by how experienced the survivors are. Even then, the killer should play how he wants without being shamed for it, be him a basement bubba or a killer that simply uses noed to feel more safe.

The survivors can play the way they want to escape or whatever, the same can be applied to the killer, is simple as that. People already shame killers on youtube a lot, like making compilations thrasing on the performance of killers while bragging indirectly. But it seems that the behavior is encouraged.

I personally defend the killer on the endgame chat when i play survivor (i mostly play survivor), i don´t see how the mob mentality against a side of the game with the least mains is considered appropriate.

Tagged: BHVR

Comments

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    You payed for the game so play how you want. Unless its not against the rules, you can do what you want.

    But why would you talk to enemy team after the game? I never understood why people care so much.

    This. My enjoyment of the game when up very much when I turned off end game chat.

  • @INoLuv said:

    In this game, the survivors can do their best to escape (as they should) and are not called "toxic" for it, but if the killer tunnels, camps and slugs for a 4k or 3k, or if the killer ever plays to get kills, he is considered a "sweaty" axhole who "just plays for wins" and toxic for being "unfun" and "boring" for the survivors; if the killer just get 2k or 1k or no kills, he will get mocked in the endgame chat with people bragging about how superior they are while calling the killer a "loser" and saying a bunch of things to make him feel bad. In the endgame chat, why be the most angry and extremely offensive person to the person playing killer? As if you NEVER had an escape before.

    The killer should not camp in any way possible, should not bring "unfun" perks for the survivors, the killer should simply play killer "just to enjoy the chase" and "not caring for kills", sort of shaming the killer for playing optimally or the way he want; again, camping at 5 gens is not "toxic", tunneling to guarantee the kill is not "toxic", slugging for the 4k is not "toxic" and the killer is not the worst human being on the world in real life just because he played in a way in a online videogame. And no, camping does NOT need nerf, all of the other killer strategies are already dead with the new meta and camping only works depending on the situation and determined by how experienced the survivors are. Even then, the killer should play how he wants without being shamed for it, be him a basement bubba or a killer that simply uses noed to feel more safe.

    The survivors can play the way they want to escape or whatever, the same can be applied to the killer, is simple as that. People already shame killers on youtube a lot, like making compilations thrasing on the performance of killers while bragging indirectly. But it seems that the behavior is encouraged.

    I personally defend the killer on the endgame chat when i play survivor (i mostly play survivor), i don´t see how the mob mentality against a side of the game with the least mains is considered appropriate.

    I really think DBD needs a casual Q and a competitive Q.

    no extra coding needed, really. they'd still be the same game.

    the only difference in either Q would be player expectations.

    in comp, you'd expect everyone to bring their A-game.

    whereas in casual, people wouldn't need to sweat as much.

  • There are so many different ways to play both killer and survivor. You have insidious campers, and then perks like devour hope and make your choice which encourage NOT camping. Survivors similarly have ENDLESS variety in their preferred playstyle. No one should be attacked for how they play, because at the end of the day while this is a horror game, it's a fun party game meant to be enjoyed with other people. Not the next worldwide esports title.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/311393/the-killer-should-play-how-he-wants-without-being-shamed-for-it-but-the-shaming-seems-incentivized

    I really think DBD needs a casual Q and a competitive Q.

    no extra coding needed, really. they'd still be the same game.

    the only difference in either Q would be player expectations.

    in comp, you'd expect everyone to bring their A-game.

    whereas in casual, people wouldn't need to sweat as much.

    They don't want to do this, because it would fracture their player base even more; they said so on multiple streams and occasions.

    But I think that you are right and that it could work if you just give a big enougn incentive to play comp Q. Like now with the grade system a lot of people will want to get that juicy 2 million BP at the 13th, thats already something. And you could throw in some shards, like something really minor like 3 shards every game, because some people would want to farm shards. And lastly, some cosmetics would also go a long way to get people interested. If the rift only leveled with comp Q and there were a few more colors of the normal costumes in it, yeah, I could see a lot more people playing it, but STILL getting the option to chillax with the casual Q if they feel like it.

  • @Bennett_They1Them said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/311393/the-killer-should-play-how-he-wants-without-being-shamed-for-it-but-the-shaming-seems-incentivized

    I really think DBD needs a casual Q and a competitive Q.

    no extra coding needed, really. they'd still be the same game.

    the only difference in either Q would be player expectations.

    in comp, you'd expect everyone to bring their A-game.

    whereas in casual, people wouldn't need to sweat as much.

    I agree, but how do you keep the sweats from queuing up in the casual mode, for easier games.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822655#Comment_2822655

    They don't want to do this, because it would fracture their player base even more; they said so on multiple streams and occasions.

    But I think that you are right and that it could work if you just give a big enougn incentive to play comp Q. Like now with the grade system a lot of people will want to get that juicy 2 million BP at the 13th, thats already something. And you could throw in some shards, like something really minor like 3 shards every game, because some people would want to farm shards. And lastly, some cosmetics would also go a long way to get people interested. If the rift only leveled with comp Q and there were a few more colors of the normal costumes in it, yeah, I could see a lot more people playing it, but STILL getting the option to chillax with the casual Q if they feel like it.

    what? I was just thinking of having two queues with different names and mindsets.

    no special incentives, just a different outlook.

    in comp, nothing would be "toxic" (unless it was cheating), and in casual slugging/camping/BMing/T-bagging (I guess, the point is, generally playing in an intentionally irritating way) would be frowned upon.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822655#Comment_2822655

    I agree, but how do you keep the sweats from queuing up in the casual mode, for easier games.

    I mean, you don't. If they want to queue for an easy game, they can do that.

    Maybe SWF can't queue for casual? I don't know, but that would certainly lessen the impact if someone wanted to troll a bunch of players just trying to have a good time without having to really sweat. Maybe certain perks could be disallowed in casual? (ruin, coh, ds, noed, etc)


    However, on that note, I do think that DBD's pretty high learning curve could be lessened by having a "New player Queue" that you can only access for your first 100-ish games of DBD and only pairs you with new players (since MMR doesn't really do that well).

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821399#Comment_2821399

    I hate tunneling to but survivors are able to stop you playing to. Since the blessing of mmr it happens more and more you get players that are way over your skill level and they love to 99 the last gen and then play with you preventing every hook. Sure I can still move but at that point it wouldn't make a difference if I go afk or hang from an hook

    Well, I'm not saying that, as a killer, you have all of the freedom in the world, but it still is different from what you won't be able to do as a survivor. If you look it from a point scoring perspective, the killer is still free to earn them with a variety of actions that can also touch various categories. The camped survivor, on the other hand? He's just done with every single thing. His game experience just turned into a "mash buttons to give your teammates time, unless you don't want to. You're going to die anyway".

  • @Damarus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822556#Comment_2822556

    Well, I'm not saying that, as a killer, you have all of the freedom in the world, but it still is different from what you won't be able to do as a survivor. If you look it from a point scoring perspective, the killer is still free to earn them with a variety of actions that can also touch various categories. The camped survivor, on the other hand? He's just done with every single thing. His game experience just turned into a "mash buttons to give your teammates time, unless you don't want to. You're going to die anyway".

    The biggest problem I have in discussions like that is that I know bhvr and I don't trust them to fix the face camping problem without screwing us over because there are times camping is just the right call

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2821029#Comment_2821029

    True. I had someone get angry at me. Because I had a hook and just happened to look back when I was maybe 40m away. To see a Feng coming in for the save. I naturally go back. I was called a toxic ######### and a ######### camper. Just because they got impatient and didn't expect me to come back to hook for them 🤭

    Sounds very accurate unfortunately.

  • @Starrseed said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2822847#Comment_2822847

    The biggest problem I have in discussions like that is that I know bhvr and I don't trust them to fix the face camping problem without screwing us over because there are times camping is just the right call

    Sometimes, yes. But, to me, those times are only when the exit gates are already open OR I happen to pass right beside someone who will be dead in seconds. Other than that, nah. But yeah, if the past can teach us anything, is that things here are always bound to go the other way around, instead of improving.

1 2 ›