Just a friendly reminder that this game is not an e sport.

It is not and should never be. I understand playing to win but both killers and survivors don't need to play like they're going to be killed for real or be shamed by the entity if they don't get a 4K

Comments

  • @Ryan489x said:

    It is not and should never be. I understand playing to win but both killers and survivors don't need to play like they're going to be killed for real or be shamed by the entity if they don't get a 4K

    true.

  • But they do, and game should be made according to it.

  • If I am on a challenge, I am going to play properly and I do not care how scummy the survivors believe it is. Blame the people who made the challenges, not me.

  • I'm going to try to win, because that's literally the goal of the game; Survivors try exiting, I try killing them.

    It's not my fault that 99% of my opponents pitch a major baby-fit and scream I need to 'stop sweating' because they're angry they lost. Or they think they deserve the hatch for <vague reason>. 🤷‍♂️

  • friendly reminder that you paid for the game and can play it however you want

  • We know it isn't an E sport b/c it isn't full of loot box gambling to get new characters or cosmetics

  • @The_C12H15NO2 said:

    We know it isn't an E sport b/c it isn't full of loot box gambling to get new characters or cosmetics

    yet

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/310986/just-a-friendly-reminder-that-this-game-is-not-an-e-sport

    People are competitive by nature. Hell. Even animals are competitive by nature. Rather it's for mates or territory or dominance.

    Not sure why people feel this game would be any different

    Well, to be fair,defending one's territory for the purpose of securing food, life, and mates, it much different than playing a party game.

    Isn't the whole point of civilization, to rise above our animal instincts?

  • I agree with you OP. I think we took what should be a fun party game and turned this game into something it was never meant to be.

    I agree that competition has its place in the world, I just don't think a repetitive RNG game is it.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2814888#Comment_2814888

    It is. But competitiveness is still ingrained in nature itself.

    Even in video games.

    True, that I agree with. And I always thought the words. "Entity Displeased" was a huge catalyst in making this game competitive .

  • WRONG! I HAVE TO AND WILL 4K AND ESCAPE EVERY GAME!! My win rate should 110%, anyone who gets in my way should lose for even thinking they had a chance to beat me, the whole point of this game is winning and nothing else. I should be able to gain absolute victory regardless of my playstyle and strategy, i should grant the opposition defeat no matter what. Anyone who tarnish my perfect winrate is a terrible human being and should be banned on sight.

  • I agree that dbd is not esport but it is a competitive game. 2 sides with opposing objectives. That is the literal definition of competitive. Just because it's not esports doesn't mean it's casual. I will play to win but "my" objective above all else is to have fun. If I lose but it was a good match, I'm happy with that. However there are unfortunately a lot of gamers who feel the only way they can have fun is if they're winning.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2814898#Comment_2814898

    Maybe. I just think the game itself is what breeds it. It's literally a "us vs them" game. More then a party game. I honostly believe the only way this could be a party game. Is if the killers were AI..Or survivors were AI...I've never seen people get mad at video game AI coding before. Its the meer fact that it's another human being you're doing against. It brings out the competitive nature.

    I can give you an example of a party game. It's called phasmaphobia. That's a party game in which you're working together. To figure out the ghost. While the ghost tries to kill you eventually. No one gets mad at the ghost because it's just an AI. Whereas if someone was actually playing the ghost, and there was ways to kill people. That people didn't like. Folks would get mad as hell

    Fair Point!

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2814898#Comment_2814898

    With that said. You come watch sometimes. I try to play as fair as people let me. But I do try to win. But I also don't act like it means anything if people escape.

    No, I see you play and see the hate you get sometimes. Which is not on you, but on fools that can't take an L without complaining.

    But, I guess these people are the ones that make this game as competitive as it has become.

  • @Clevite said:

    I agree with you OP. I think we took what should be a fun party game and turned this game into something it was never meant to be.

    I agree that competition has its place in the world, I just don't think a repetitive RNG game is it.

    I highly doubt it was intended to be a party game as SWF didn’t exist at the start

  • @Ryan489x said:

    It is not and should never be. I understand playing to win but both killers and survivors don't need to play like they're going to be killed for real or be shamed by the entity if they don't get a 4K

    I want to agree, but the trial result "Entity displeased" exists ...

  • @Yatol said:

    WRONG! I HAVE TO AND WILL 4K AND ESCAPE EVERY GAME!! My win rate should 110%, anyone who gets in my way should lose for even thinking they had a chance to beat me, the whole point of this game is winning and nothing else. I should be able to gain absolute victory regardless of my playstyle and strategy, i should grant the opposition defeat no matter what. Anyone who tarnish my perfect winrate is a terrible human being and should be banned on sight.

    YEAH! Thats how you do your 1,111th post! OOOMPF!

  • @ThePolice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2814895#Comment_2814895

    I highly doubt it was intended to be a party game as SWF didn’t exist at the start

    Doubt, noted.

    I don't think they expected it to be an Esports game either.

    Guess, it's irrelevant now, as it has become such.

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2814943#Comment_2814943

    I truly do 😂. I used to give those people attention. And I guess it can be good and funny content. Ralph certainly makes the most out of those people. Anymore. I just ban them without acknowledging them.

    Lol, no doubts. It sux that they can't find a middle ground for those of us that don't want to play so competitively and those that do.

    I mean, I play drunk most of the times and really just like the fun horror aspect, but I was a sweat lord for my first two years in the game. So I understand both mindsets. As well, both sides, as I am pretty 50/50.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    I'm going to try to win, because that's literally the goal of the game; Survivors try exiting, I try killing them.

    It's not my fault that 99% of my opponents pitch a major baby-fit and scream I need to 'stop sweating' because they're angry they lost. Or they think they deserve the hatch for <vague reason>. 🤷‍♂️

    there is a big difference between playing to win and sweating you know.

    no one is saying you shouldnt be playing with the goal of winning, its about how you try to achieve those outcomes.

    what OP essentially says is, that maybe you should not go and genrush the Killer and then instantly leave after just 5 or so minutes and that maybe you shouldnt hardtunnel the first Survivor you see out of the game and then slug for the 4k - because those are extremely unfun for everyone involved and i genuinely have to question why you even play the game when you do this.

    and no, you dont need to do any of those to be able to win.

    this game would be an overall much more enjoyable place for everyone if people would stop doing these kind of things.

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2814944#Comment_2814944

    Doubt, noted.

    I don't think they expected it to be an Esports game either.

    Guess, it's irrelevant now, as it has become such.

    I don’t think it will ever be an esports game, due to its asymmetrical nature, lack of balance and lack of esport community, it his however very competitive

  • @BrokenSouI said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2814975#Comment_2814975

    For sure. Funny enough. I normally let "bully squads" go. Who spend their time trying for flashlight saves and pallet stuns. Over being boring and slamming gens and pre dropping pallets.

    I get that, sometimes those games are more fun, than the gen rush and get out in 5 mins

  • Hope to see you soon! I lurk a lot, even if I am not talking, I'll start saying hi, when i pop in, I just feel bad because I don't talk a lot.

    Keep killing it my friend!

  • I'm not sure why players get hung up on the idea that some players approach a pvp game with a competitive mindset and others don't. Also don't know why people feel the need to personally validate or invalidate the competitive community. It exists and does its own thing whether non-participants find it legitimate or not. It's like standing outside of a bowling alley and telling people they don't think bowling competitively should be a thing and that everyone should just bowl for fun.

    It's a problem that BHVR hasn't ever really addressed. You can't throw all playstyles/mindsets in the same queue in a pvp game and keep people happy. The casual players get frustrated with sweaty teammates/killers and the more competitive players get frustrated at teammates doing challenges and at killers meme'ing around.

    I only care about escaping on survivor. I don't do challenges and I don't care if I ever see the killer. And I get super tilted when I get matched with players who aren't even trying to win and are just there to do challenges or mess around. I'd genuinely never touch an unranked survivor queue.

    On killer, the games are very rarely difficult if I run my best build and play optimally. It's boring. The game would be 10x more exciting to me if I could get sweaty survivors every game.

  • Tell that to the devs who introduce an MMR system as they have.

  • Dead by Daylight is not a game designed for comp, isn't a great reflector of technical skill in any facet, is rng dependent, and is imbalanced af. Everyone has subjective win conditions, and play the game looking for often wildly different experiences.

    It's a very, very poor arena for 1v1 skill contests.

    But people are people, being are competitive by nature, and will make a contest out of anything. This is why I back out of higher MMR; there tends to be naught but sweatfests op there, and in such an imbalanced game, that just isn't fun for me.

    Personally, I go to other games in order to really scratch that itch, playing DBD in a way I find fun, without "winning" as my primary objective. But every once in a while and I am really feeling edgy I will get a little too serious in game, but not often.

    But as others have said, people can play the game in whichever way that they prefer (outside of cheating). That's their right.

    But I do get rubbed the wrong way when people "win" in DBD and toxically lord it over their opponent as if it means something.

  • Just a friendly reminder you don’t get to dictate how people play. There’s nothing wrong with going hyper-ultra all out max effort. If you don’t like it, tough. Get over it.