Its really ridiculous how little the report button does
@gammatsunami said:
I get time to play 2 games before work. Almost every single day for weeks now a user who is a afk Freddy has been afk farming.
Literally weeks now and I report him everytime. I get they get lots of reports but how does dozens of reports not flag a user I imagine many others are doing it to him also. So it might be in the hundreds.
Would it be better if I put his name here for mods or something?
Look at the date of when I made that.
I am STILL getting put against this person DAILY! I am really over it.
Just by me he would have over 300 reports. My brother who plays daily also gets put against him all the time and he reports him too. Just remove the report button.
Comments
If you want action to be taken against an actual cheater, the report button is only the start. I believe you have to take video evidence and turn that in to a link you can find here on the forums:
Report cheaters at this link with a link to video evidence of the match that you post on another site like YouTube or Twitter. https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=191426
I cannot imagine any company that deals with the saltiness this one does ever having the time to read through every single report from the end of the matches. It is an impossibility.
"Reported for Camping"
"Reported for Tunneling"
"Reported for Sweaty"
Not surprising they need video to even begin to take action.
Not to mention there will always be 2-4 times more Survivors reports then Killer's reporting survivors.
Their reporting system is a straight up embarrassment, but it's entirely self-inflicted.
I doubt anyone would argue that given the current hackfest.
When properly reporting you’ll enter your player ID, that they use to track your in game reports. In game reporting is not enough for them to take action by themselves. A support ticket is needed.
The player ID in the ticket allows them to trace to the exact player you’re attempting to report by your in game reports. They then take the video you’ve uploaded, compare it to your description of the match and take action.
Since I’ve learned to properly report players, I bookmark their Steam accounts and it sometimes only takes one or two days for their account to get banned.
All of my bookmarks have been banned.
They definitely look at reports when reports are made including the steamid64 and attached evidence. Just clicking the report button in-game does very little. You need the steamid64. Especially in the case of hacking, you may click on someone's name and view a steam profile they aren't even playing on at the time because of the methods hackers employ. You run the risk of reporting a different profile entirely.
Sadly video evidence is needed to get hackers banned. The fact they shot down the idea of a theatre mode in the game when that would massively help with catching hackers is mind boggling
All these posts saying to go to another website with video evidence blah blah blah is just proving my point. Remove the report button, its useless.
I shouldnt have to report a court case document style report. I have literally got this AFK, M1 farming freddy every single day for over a year. Imagine the iri shards hes collected - costing them money.
I do find it weird other games i don't remember having to go to a support website and wait 2 weeks for a reply to get action taken. I hit report and that's it. But im assuming theres some reason dbd is different for reporting.
It's amazing that a reporting system that would be embarrassing in the 90s is pretty much useless
I would wager that 75% of the user base has no idea all the extra steps they have to take to "properly" report someone and of the 25% that do know how to, I imagine 75% of them don't because it takes so long and feels like such a waste of our time that why bother.
It also has the added bonus that it is actively lying to the players and encouraging them to make invalid reports. Ragequitting is listed as a reason that you should report for, in one of the report categories. Game rules page says you should not report disconnects at all.