Is this a hack or a bug?

I was just playing against a legion and the game was normal. There was nothing indicating that anyone was hacking. UNTIL, I get to a gate and try to open it. NOTHING. And there was no entity blocking it. So it didn't appear he was running no way out.


I get downed and hooked next to the other door, and when a survivor saved me I tried to open the other door. No such luck.

No other survivor was attempting to open any other gates, so I assume they were having the same problem.

I died on hook and spectated and the killer opened a gate. I checked his perks. He was not using NO WAY OUT.

Is this a hack? If so, how does one consider him or herself a winner in a game and in life if he or she cheats?


๐Ÿ™„

Comments

  • Knowing this game, it's as likely to be cheating as a simple bug. We can never be sure.

  • im not versed in what the cheating software can do but i suspect it mightve been lag

  • I'm not trying to be a smartass, but are you sure all gens had been repaired when you tried to open the gate?

    I'm totally not asking because I might've ever tried to open a gate at 1 gen left thinking we were done with repairs. I've never done that, I swear...

  • @Bwsted said:

    I'm not trying to be a smartass, but are you sure all gens had been repaired when you tried to open the gate?

    I'm totally not asking because I might've ever tried to open a gate at 1 gen left thinking we were done with repairs. I've never done that, I swear...

    Hahahahaha Oh man I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose.... Uhm, Never.... done that too

  • @VaJaybles said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2796249#Comment_2796249

    Hahahahaha Oh man I'm so glad I'm not the only one whose.... Uhm, Never.... done that too

    I umm.....yea I know I have.....well....ummm.....I saw my friend do that a few times...it was so embarrassing...even the Killer was embarrassed and let him go...... totally not me it was my friend.

  • @VikingDragonXii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2796499#Comment_2796499

    I umm.....yea I know I have.....well....ummm.....I saw my friend do that a few times...it was so embarrassing...even the Killer was embarrassed and let him go...... totally not me it was my friend.

    Man.... We uhm .. must have a mutual friend...

  • @Bwsted said:

    I'm not trying to be a smartass, but are you sure all gens had been repaired when you tried to open the gate?

    I'm totally not asking because I might've ever tried to open a gate at 1 gen left thinking we were done with repairs. I've never done that, I swear...

    I actually thought about this later. Did I actually try to open both doors with a gen remaining? It's quite possible. I had very little sleep the night before and I've been known to have rather large brainfarts from time to time. ๐Ÿ˜„