Is Fnaf really gonna be the 6th anniversary

(I'm going to address this before we get to it I originally made a post called "Addressing fnaf critics" a mod took it down and told me it was "Controversial" however he did not specify what it made it controversial I have thought about reuploading it but again He didn't specify what it was so I will not be reuploading it at least for now)


Will it make money? The most easy answer YES out of any of the candidates fnaf would make the most money out of any license for the 6th anniversary so yes that's one reason


Dev support? The devs have talked about a fnaf chapter with a ui designer at the time said she wanted to see a fnaf chapter.


Does the community want it? Whether you like it or not the people who like and want fnaf in dbd have a majority in the community and I am not just pulling this out of my ass I did a survey and I found that people who want fnaf have a majority over the people who don't

Conclusion

Fnaf is the most likely license that behavior will have for the 6th anniversary but that does not mean it is guaranteed but it does not mean its not impossible

Comments

  • For anniversary i want Jason. I dont want any kid game horror icons into this game :( Sorry but i just cant take FNAF seriously its just cheap jumpscares

  • Didn’t Scott specifically say he was retiring and not doing any more future projects before he handed it off to someone else? I don’t think he’d be interested in a collaboration either.

  • @Warcrafter4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795945#Comment_2795945

    Eh I don't think your proving the point you think you are using a community made JOKE cosmetic on a JOKE character as a comparison to spring trap.

    Being honest it kinda makes spring trap look even less worthy of getting in as it makes spring trap look like a bad joke skin.

    Jeez mate, it is just a meme.

    Why don't ya have some fun? Not everything is to be treated seriously.

  • If it is not Jason, it basically has to be FNAF or it will be super lame, bruh. I mean, I guess Child's Play would work if they figured out how to make a smol killer they are happy with.


    Anything else would be so sleeper.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2796035#Comment_2796035

    Maybe IT or Alien. But i think generally anything that is below ringu on hype polls and whatever will be disappointing.

    Oh, yeah... Nevermind, I suppose they have lots of options. Can't believe I forgot about those two.

  • @Maperson said:

    I hope it's Chucky, Child's play chapter.

    I would love to see chucky trying to put survivors on a hook. 😄 classic character but not sure how that would work.

  • At this point I almost want a fnaf chapter just so I can stop goddamn hearing about it.


    ALMOST.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    Please no.

    Can we PLEASE have an original killer for the anniversary? The original ones are ALWAYS better IMO.

    Like Twins and Trickster? Which 98% of the game population think are garbage?

  • My nine year old would love FNAF coming to DBD, he would want to start playing.

    As an adult I don't think FNAF should ever be in DBD.

    inb4 "But FNAF is for young adults". Even though a game is made for a specific audience does not necessarily mean that's the audience it gets, a big part of the audience, or the majority of the audience. There is still a high amount of children who enjoy the FNAF series, it's why the merchandise sells so well to children. It's easy for children to lie about their age online to see the games content, and that is why statistics of the ages in the fan base are skewed. Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

    Five Nights At Freddy's does not belong in Dead by Daylight.

  • Btw just stating my opinion

    FNaF could fit in with dbd because if you see all the brutal springlock and death incidents

    You will notice how gory and brutal it can be...

    In general, I like Fnaf but others don't, which I respect.

    But just because YOU don't like it.

    That doesn't mean you dislike or hate on others for liking it.

    Your opinion is your your opinion and no one else can change it.

    So believe what believe and respect others for what they believe.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    I personally think the 6th anniversary will be either. Predator, Alien, Friday the 13th or Five nights at Freddy’s

    Jaws dlc = confirmed 🦈 😉

  • @El_Gingero said:

    I sure hope not. Just feels odd having a children’s character in a horror game for mature audiences. I get that plenty of adults enjoy the franchise, but still feels odd to me.

    We have trickster in the game, at this point i wouldnt be surprised at barney the purple dinosaur being the killer.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795896#Comment_2795896

    Not to be rude but they're just stating their own opinion.

    They're perfectly entitled to think FNaF is silly and not scary. Just as you're entitled to think it's scary and immersive.

    A huge region there's SO much resistance to FNaF in DbD is because any time someone dares to say they're not a fan they get flooded with comments talking about how their personal opinion is "factually wrong" and that they clearly didn't take into account X, Y and Z obscure factors about the franchise.

    People don't need to justify their opinions to you, nor do their personal preferences need logic or reason. If a Clown costume isn't silly to someone but an animatronic bear is then so be it. Some people don't like tomatoes but happily eat tomato ketchup... It's just how humans are lol

    To be fair, I don't think DBD is particularly scary or serious either. I can't think of a time I was genuinely afraid in DBD, and there's not a match that goes by where I don't think "man this is some silly nonsense".

  • @razberrypizza said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795427#Comment_2795427

    We have trickster in the game, at this point i wouldnt be surprised at barney the purple dinosaur being the killer.

    Lol well to be fair Barney is pretty creepy xd

  • @ObservantOfTime said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795900#Comment_2795900

    To be fair, I don't think DBD is particularly scary or serious either. I can't think of a time I was genuinely afraid in DBD, and there's not a match that goes by where I don't think "man this is some silly nonsense".

    Agreed. A game where some of the most evil, dastardly, iconic killers can be stunned with a pallet is not as serious as some people think it is lol

  • @Domifurno18X said:

    Btw just stating my opinion

    FNaF could fit in with dbd because if you see all the brutal springlock and death incidents

    You will notice how gory and brutal it can be...

    In general, I like Fnaf but others don't, which I respect.

    But just because YOU don't like it.

    That doesn't mean you dislike or hate on others for liking it.

    Your opinion is your your opinion and no one else can change it.

    So believe what believe and respect others for what they believe.

    Well said

  • I thinks it's going to be either Fnaf, Jason, It, Alien or Childs play and I would be happy for all of them except Alien.

  • @Dito175 said:

    I thinks it's going to be either Fnaf, Jason, It, Alien or Childs play and I would be happy for all of them except Alien.

    What's wrong with alien?

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795780#Comment_2795780

    Did you forget fnaf 3? spring trap literally has guts visible inside him. And the lore is literally a child murderer making robots that he then kills kids then stuff them into to get them to be possessed then dismantle them on a mission for immortality. So labeling fnaf as "for children" is far from correct. Also you forgot the first games death screen has human eyes peeking out of the suit so there is gore there, the second talking about a part of someone's head getting bitten off, minigames that shows someone killing a child and a different on giving life to dead bodies.

    Also for the part of "doesn't fit in" like bruh we have survivors running around in onsies, as a present/elf, people without shirts, a penguin outfit and hell even a kpop star. You telling me that really fits in a game that's supposed to be classified as "horror"?

    Take it up with the creator. He's the one stating it is for children. I mean, Snow White has a wicked Queen who tries to kill teenage girl with poison. Wizard of Oz has a wicked witch who threatens to boil a child and a dog. Kid's properties have always been able to have an edge to them. Does not put them on the level of Freddy Kruger or Jason Voorhees.

    If Springtrap targets children, are we going to now put an under 18 survivor in to get their head split by Huntress' are, or head smashed and finger cut off and sucked on by Clown?

    Still nowhere near as graphic as DbD. This is a very bad idea, just due to the blurring of lines for a children's property and adult content.

  • @Khelendrose2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795791#Comment_2795791

    Take it up with the creator. He's the one stating it is for children. I mean, Snow White has a wicked Queen who tries to kill teenage girl with poison. Wizard of Oz has a wicked witch who threatens to boil a child and a dog. Kid's properties have always been able to have an edge to them. Does not put them on the level of Freddy Kruger or Jason Voorhees.

    If Springtrap targets children, are we going to now put an under 18 survivor in to get their head split by Huntress' are, or head smashed and finger cut off and sucked on by Clown?

    Still nowhere near as graphic as DbD. This is a very bad idea, just due to the blurring of lines for a children's property and adult content.

    Well the games more PG-13 but the survivor can very much be an original one. Ghost Face, Bubba, and Pinhead released as their own separate chapters then got a survivor later given then the survivor for ghost face was a different license and I forgot if bubba got an original survivor with him or not. Also if im not wrong... clowns VHS Porn addon is a video tape of all his victims, and his victims include children as stated by a dev a long time ago.

  • Just lore reasons, the entity is targeting earth right now, it makes no sense to take an extraterrestrial as a killer and make an off-planet map.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2796283#Comment_2796283

    That's probably why they would add it. Because it would get children to buy it.

    I wouldn't even be surprised at this point.

  • Honestly, I just want fnaf in just to see grown ass men cry.

  • @Unknowninsanity said:

    Honestly, I just want fnaf in just to see grown ass men cry.

    I mean I want fnaf for many reasons but that's not one of them but if that happens I will love it

  • @Gamerzilla2018 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795427#Comment_2795427

    Wait a killer zombie robot rabbit is some how for children?

    Yes

    @AnneBonny said:

    it's gonna be fnaf, f13, alien or dead space. there is nothing left to discuss at this point i think. nothing to go off of for speculation, with how bhvr has been releasing chapters lately they're just gonna tell us a week after ringu releases anyway.

    i miss having clues and fun discussions on what the next killer is gonna be, 4th anniversary was fun because there were hints that it was silent hill, the hype building for the hellraiser chapter and the red herrings included with it (and subsequent destruction of that hype because nfts). new chapters exist purely for filler at this point, releasing something because they have to. creativity has run dry and will continue to run dry indefinitely.

    And Chucky? I'd take Chucky over FNaF

  • @Gamerzilla2018 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795475#Comment_2795475

    I'm gonna use a quote schmuckles used "fnaf has a dark and mature story that younger audiences can view since its gameplay is rather PG"

    Nah

    The story is just a guy killing kids over 30-40 years.

  • @Khelendrose2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2795717#Comment_2795717

    Why is it wrong? FNaF is listed as a children's property. There is no gore, no on screen murder. No dismemberment. DbD is a much more mature property focused on blood, gore, dismemberment, torture, death, eternal damnation and suffering.

    Two very different concepts.

    Putting it like this makes DBD seems quite childish aswell

1 2 ›