Who created RPD hooks
Seriously, people are talking about the library hook, while just now I had 2 survivors get out because... I downed them close to the main gate and there was NO hook anywhere near. Only one had been used, yet I had no way of hooking them, so they just got out. Not to mention I also had to deal with the library hook.
Why does RPD have so little and spare hooks?
Comments
That map is just painful. It is golden for RE, but definitely not made for DBD.
If we remove "hooks" from the title of this thread, you have more or less what i question myself every time I load up in that map
Well, can't disagree tbh.
However, the map CAN be managable, except for the unexistent hooks. The only other map where you can get a down by the gate and have no hook near is The Game, which, unsurprisingly, also isn't that great of a map.
I question that both as survivor and as killer. It's just not a good map, that promotes unfun gameplay styles for both sides
They should just remove RPD.
Or maybe introduce a new mechanic to the game, where hooks are generated based on the storey you are on. At the moment, if you have a hook upstairs on RPD, as far as I know, the game treats it as if it were downstairs, so no hooks spawn close downstairs.
A quiet man who’d been pushed around one too many times.
It begins…
Don't worry, wiggling out of the killers grasp is nearly impossible. At least thats what I've read on the forms.
Thing is tho rpd can benefit you at times if you hook survivors in back areas away from the lobby. Rpd definately wasnt built for dbd i do enjoy it as hag as she is easiest to navagate around with. As a survivor it doesnt bother me as i know that map inside and out from Re2make but it takes practice. Also try to never hook near the library in case they try to run you there as itll just become abuse
The same guy who passed the pallet spam on the game, or the same person who passed the free epic deal during a cheating epidemic.
Hooks on indoor maps tend to be bad in general, especially the two-story ones. The change in hook density does not even remotely make up for the lack of variable routing and the forced adherence to hallways/stairs. A hook might be generated a 'fair' distance from a zone, but you've gotta walk in a left-right-right-left pattern to reach it, so it's not actually reachable in
sixteenfifteen seconds. I find Midwich is also really prone to expansive dead zones.For RPD, I think a hook should always spawn on the right side of the exit gate area that's attached to the main hall. Would help with some issues with where hooks spawn in the main hall and the reception room, though it wouldn't fix the issue with RPD having very scarce and hard to reach hooks compared to an outdoor map.
I once had one hook on the entire south side of the main building on the Eerie map. Like, literally. One in a corner, that was it. I... Just don't understand. It made RPD seem like a place with a bountiful amount of hooks.
As a Huntress main i find this map best dealt with by camping on the library side, long narrow corridors that funnel in rescuers.
Imo, they should at some point manually assign fixed hook loocations on 2 storey maps. The same layout, always, no variation.