The Thing
I've been thinking recently about other horror titles that could have their characters in this game. Would anyone else be interested in John Carpenter's "The Thing" being added to the game? The Thing itself would be the killer and the survivor could be MacReady. I don't know if the development team has mentioned any other big title additions or roadmaps yet, but I think it could fit in really well. Maybe have the Thing's power be something like it can shapeshift into the survivor it last injured? And the map could be the Antarctic Research Facility. I think it would be really cool and that it could be implemented well. What are your guys' thoughts?
Comments
I'd love to see The Thing as a killer if they can figure out a good way to do it. And yeah, the suggestion has come up on the boards before, it's a popular IP. π
Some random thoughts on The Thing
Id love an antartic map we do need a doppleganger type killer
The problem with a doppleganger killer is the main problem in general with this game; against solos or even 2 person squads it's fine but once you get 3 or 4 person squads, gonna be real easy for everyone to go "Hey, you see that Dwight over there with the giant tentacle sticking out of his arse? That's the killer, not me so don't let him Thing you to death".
The Thing is my favorite horror movie, that being said i seriously doubt itll be a concept that works in any kind of satisfying way in dbd. The powers and abilities of the alien are way to powerful to me smack down then hook. If they were to implement it, it would require a completely new way to face a killer since contact with the thing is deadly. I'm not saying it couldnt work but i have zero faith they would be willing to put the effort in to do this properly. I hope they prove me wrong because The Thing is a terrifying concept and would love to see it in the game
Would love the thing
A scout/aoe trap power would work well. Something like the head skitter that can break off and can be controlled (similar to Victor) but then placed as a hidden trap. A built-in mori to absorb and mutate could also be interesting.
Sure, but a general problem with the game is applicable to all killers. It will affect some more than others. Plus, that situation would be mostly due to teams that are using comms, which breaks/shifts the game's balance no matter what killer is being played.
Those are some really cool ideas! I wasn't sure if it had been on the board before. I'm still new to the game since I started playing it about 3 weeks ago or so.
I have an ideaπ