Nurse feels horrible to play because of the new changes. Are they getting fixed soon?

Nurse feels horrible to play because of the new changes. Are they getting fixed soon? Do the devs think she is “close enough” and is no longer a priority? Were these changes intended, and this is how they are balancing her?

Comments

  • It might help if you said what the problem was.

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    Nurse feels horrible to play because of the new changes. Are they getting fixed soon? Do the devs think she is “close enough” and is no longer a priority? Were these changes intended, and this is how they are balancing her?

    BHVR already acknowledged they’re bugs in a bug thread.

  • @ThiccBudhha said:

    It might help if you said what the problem was.

    Here are three bug posts for her. The first is the main post. TDLR is she has to spend longer doing actions than before, like having to overblink through objects, or wait longer for blinks to start activating, or wait longer before attacking after a blink, or some places being bugged for her to blink.


    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/306932/nurse-issues-post-mid-chapter-patch#latest

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/307741/nurse-strange-whirring-sound#latest

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/308044/more-nurse-bugs-after-the-mid-chapter#latest

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    Wut. They fixed all of her bugs and added in like two that don't really do much other than ######### with your muscle memory. As a Nurse main, I have been LOVING the change.

    Requiring Nurse to take longer to do actions is much worse than "just messes up muscle memory". If it takes Nurse longer to do actions, then the survivors have more time to react and evade her.


    If I see a survivor on the other side of shack wall, I want to be able to very quickly blink through the wall, like I used to be able to before this patch. Greatly increasing the time it takes to blink through thin objects gives the survivors more time to react. Creating a delay with the second blink gives the survivors more time to react. Shortening the max length of the second blink hurts Nurse too.

  • They've acknowledged the bugs in the bug report section. As to why they pushed the update when it was obvious within 10 seconds of playing her that she was bugged with the coding update....we are, as always, left to wonder.

  • Anytime the code is changed it's going to change the way that she feels to play. That's just how game mechanics work. I think they're still fine tuning her and will for the next couple patches. Once the changes are complete you'll just have to relearn how to play her. She's going to be worse at some things and better at others. I think fundamentally she's better than she was before, even if specific parts of her kit are weaker.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781852#Comment_2781852

    That additional time to react doesn't actually do anything because you can still lunge and hit them. Don't get me wrong, I also want those bugs fixed, but don't say that they actually affect your gameplay in a meaningful way, because they don't.

    I am certainly saying it affects my gameplay. Forcing Nurse to spend more time for some of her blinks means she's punished more if she guesses incorrectly. And we have no idea if these issues are even going to be fixed in 2022, considering how long her previous bugs were in the game.

    I'd rather the changes be reverted, and deal with the rare instances of blink bugs, than deal with every chain blink being worse than before, and every blinking through an object being worse than before.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781978#Comment_2781978

    If you're guessing as Nurse you shouldn't be playing her...

    And Nurse should be punished for missing more if I'm being honest. You make a mistake and you're right back on the survivor after.

    Blink bug actually could lose you games. This doesn't do anything to a competent Nurse.

    That's not true. You're only right back on them if you're running very specific add-ons. If you double blink and you don't have recharge + distance, they are absolutely outrunning you.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782002#Comment_2782002

    If you Blink a second time for a hit that isn't practically guaranteed you're playing Nurse wrong. If you can't get the hit, don't second Blink.

    I main Nurse and I don't use add-ons. Mistakes aren't heavily punished unless you happen to be on RPD/Lery's.

    You make it sound like Nurse is always 4k'ing, and that survivors have no input. That's a complete misrepresentation.

    There are survivors as familiar playing against Nurse as there are Nurse mains playing her. They don't just give up and let themselves get hit just because the 2nd blink is in range. They juke, they gauge your distance based on orientation and charge time, they've figured out your addons within 3-4 blinks at the beginning of the game, they go out of their way to avoid becoming repetitive and predictable.

    I don't think a Nurse main should so blithely boil down her nuances in some attempt to dismiss bugs. Maybe you are a god-nurse and the bugs don't affect you. Feel free to get off your high horse and allow other players to pilot her and voice their concerns about her.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782002#Comment_2782002

    If you Blink a second time for a hit that isn't practically guaranteed you're playing Nurse wrong. If you can't get the hit, don't second Blink.

    I main Nurse and I don't use add-ons. Mistakes aren't heavily punished unless you happen to be on RPD/Lery's.

    Have you actually played nurse ever, even...

  • Yes a bug that shortens the maximum possible distance on the chain blink doesn't affect gameplay. 3head take.

    Nurse has significant punishment for missing. The downtime on Blight and Nurse (without stuff like Alchemist Ring/recharge) is the ideal. Other killers are way too behind in comparison.

  • Has anyone not been able to attack after blinking? I'm not sure if it's a bug but I had a match where I hit the attack butting and she just stood there twice.

  • @Gamedozer7 said:

    Has anyone not been able to attack after blinking? I'm not sure if it's a bug but I had a match where I hit the attack butting and she just stood there twice.

    One of the bugs that remained unfixed from the patch.

  • @Lx_malice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782191#Comment_2782191

    One of the bugs that remained unfixed from the patch.

    Ok wasn't sure haven't really played her much so I'm not sure her bugs. Thanks

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782027#Comment_2782027

    Oh no I don't mean that or anything like it! Nurse isn't powerful enough to 4k consistently without add-ons. However, when you're playing Nurse in a competitive way, and not a fun way, you do remove pretty much all counterplay a survivor can do. The entire reason Nurse is strong is because she removes survivor agency during a chase.

    When a Nurse plays against a player that's better at Nurse than them, they will lose the chase 100% of the time. That's actually what I love about Nurse! It all comes down to skill. It's ALSO why her power hasn't been too heavily nerfed but that's not the topic here. If a survivor is better at Nurse than you are, you don't chase them. And it's possible to tell from the first Blink too, because usually they'll stay just out of your lunge range to make you swing for that extra second of fatigue. So if we're talking about playing against players better than you, that can run Nurse better than you can play her, just use the game as a learning experience, because there's no possible way you can win. You don't have any agency in that chase even with double range/recharge.

    I'm not dismissing the bug. I'm saying that it's not game changing, and wanting to bring back the Blink Bug to fix it is not, well, smart. This bug isn't game changing, it simply affects muscle memory, which is the easiest part of Nurse to learn. I am TECHNICALLY a god Console Nurse, because I'm one of the best Nurses on console due to no one playing her and console players being trash on average, but I'm still below Nurses like Supaalf and Rayoxium. Whether it's a skill gap or console limitations, I won't know because I haven't had a PC in like 5 years so I can't check. So consider me a god if you want, but know that I'm still below the commonly known god Nurses. I personally prefer to refer to myself as a good Nurse, because a god Console Nurse isn't exactly impressive because I don't have any competition, and because I have no competition, it's not possible to say I'm the best of the best. Back on topic, the bugs DO affect me, they just aren't game changing and don't really matter once you learn the new muscle memory. You almost never use your full second Blink anyways, so it only affects .00000000000001% of gameplay. That's not worth bringing back Blink bug, which has lost me countless games to the point where I almost stopped maining Nurse and switched to Blight(Who I LOVE, by the way).

    I'm not disagreeing that the bug needs fixing though, I just want to make that clear. I'm saying that reverting the changes to Nurse is a bad idea.

    Nurse performs at ~2K average against equally good survivors at high levels of play when the survivors are handicapped way more severely than the Nurse. With zero restrictions, her average falls to less than 2K/match. Even at high levels of play, she is balanced precisely because of the mindgames and LOS usage you have stated. That is also precisely why she's the best designed killer. She makes chases about who makes the better read, not about what mechanical restrictions and tiles there are. I would not say that removes all counterplay/agency. It means the counterplay/agency is in mindgames.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782056#Comment_2782056

    I main her. If you think mistakes are punished heavily you're using either your second Blink wrong (ONLY Second Blink when you can get a confirmed hit), or your lunge(Which is the same thing as the second Blink. Only lunge if you can confirm a hit, otherwise don't lengthen your fatigue for no reason whatsoever). Or both, but I'm pretty sure only baby Nurses do both. A lot of decent to semi-experienced Nurses do one or the other.

    You have it a bit backwards. Nurse/Blight are punished for the good amount of time. Several seconds for a whiff is significant against very good players. Other killers are way too far behind what should be the standard in that regard.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2782280#Comment_2782280

    That's fair. It's not that they aren't punished, it's that they're punished *less*. I like that mindset. But still, at the end of the day they aren't heavily punished to the point that you have to play without making mistakes.

    And I think that it's exactly how it should be. When a Nurse or Blight misses, it gives the survivor breathing room to make their next move and nothing more.

    Yeah. I’d agree with you on basically all of this. Extremely good Nurses against equally extremely good survivors is the pinnacle of gameplay in DBD imo.

  • Didn't play her much since the changes, but the only thing I noticed as of now is an exponential increase of the M1 bug.

    I did though test in customs with a friend the second blink range, and it doesn't seem shorter at all. But that was while blinking in a straight line on the street of Preschool maps

    Oh, and when you fail a grab after blinking you don't go into fatigue (after the m1), which still guarantees the down basically xd

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781852#Comment_2781852

    That additional time to react doesn't actually do anything because you can still lunge and hit them. Don't get me wrong, I also want those bugs fixed, but don't say that they actually affect your gameplay in a meaningful way, because they don't.

    they do because her lunge bug isn't fixed yet, the second blink has a shorter range because of her fist bug. not to mention they haven't fixed a lot of unblinkable areas where she cannot teleport forward.

  • It would be fantastic if the bug reporting had actual feedback. Seeing the word “acknowledged” next to Nurse’s list of bugs isn’t very helpful. Does it mean the issues will be fixed soon? Does it mean the devs want to “monitor the changes” to see how impactful they are, before deciding if they want to fix them? Does it mean at least one of the issues is a bug, but the others are fine and don’t need to be fixed? Some of the feedback in this thread is “she’s weaker, but that doesn’t matter if you’re good”, but do the devs agree with that statement?

  • @Coffeecrashing said:

    It would be fantastic if the bug reporting had actual feedback. Seeing the word “acknowledged” next to Nurse’s list of bugs isn’t very helpful. Does it mean the issues will be fixed soon? Does it mean the devs want to “monitor the changes” to see how impactful they are, before deciding if they want to fix them? Does it mean at least one of the issues is a bug, but the others are fine and don’t need to be fixed? Some of the feedback in this thread is “she’s weaker, but that doesn’t matter if you’re good”, but do the devs agree with that statement?

    It means that the devs know the bugs exist and that they ARE bugs, not intentional changes. AKA, on their to-do list now.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2781978#Comment_2781978

    If you're guessing as Nurse you shouldn't be playing her...

    And Nurse should be punished for missing more if I'm being honest. You make a mistake and you're right back on the survivor after.

    Blink bug actually could lose you games. This doesn't do anything to a competent Nurse.

    This shows you don’t know what you’re talking about. Nurse does in fact have to guess against the survivors who play the mindgame. You can’t know which direction they ran in after breaking LOS.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783008#Comment_2783008

    Sad that you have a Nurse pfp when you don't know what Blinking to corners is. Look, I'm not usually dismissive in a debate, but I can't take you seriously after you said that.

    Sad that you don’t know that Nurse has limited range on her second blink and physically can’t catch up in some situations. Blinking to the corner only works consistently if they wait there. I am a 2 thousand hour nurse main. Try again.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783123#Comment_2783123

    I have 5,000 hours on Nurse. And if a survivor is that far away it's usually better not to chase them. Your second Blink is enough if you Blink just as or shortly after they break line of sight. And if you're in a situation where it's better to chase but you still can't force the hit by Blinking to a corner, you STILL never want to guess. Don't ever guess, it'll never work against a good survivor. Ever.

    You won’t get enough situations against good survivors like you just described, so you would never chase, especially on maps with a lot of los breakers

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783461#Comment_2783461

    Well, I DC on Lery's and RPD because those maps are actually disgusting and you have to guess. But other than those two you can get away with never guessing and still win. I personally don't ever guess as Nurse, and I haven't lost a game as her in months. And since I main her and therefore play her consistently, the amount of 4ks that I'm getting is guaranteed to be enough to put me at high MMR.

    Guessing isn't something that you should be doing as a general rule. 9 times out of 10 you'll end up losing distance which would've been avoided if you just let yourself fatigue. And as a general rule that every good Nurse knows, don't Chain Blink or swing unless you can confirm a hit. If you don't guess and the survivor breaks line of sight, just let yourself fatigue. You get a shorter fatigue and will most likely be on them again and get the hit anyways in a few seconds.

    The fact that you DC on those maps tells you that i’m right lol

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783506#Comment_2783506

    I DC on RPD for multiple reasons, and not just with Nurse. It's not a playable map. You just lose unless you're facing extremely predictable survivors that you can easily guess against. Winning on that map isn't SKILL, it's LUCK. And the entire reason I love Nurse is her skill aspect.

    Lery's I can play and win on for the most part, because correct pathing can mostly prevent guessing, and the map is set up in a way that you can make safe guesses that more or less guarantee a hit. But it also tanks my fps and once made my game crash.

    Guessing isn't skill. Stop trying to make it out to be.

    Guess you’ve never played a fighting game. You’re right, top players just always happen to guess right. Such BS talking points

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2783506#Comment_2783506

    I DC on RPD for multiple reasons, and not just with Nurse. It's not a playable map. You just lose unless you're facing extremely predictable survivors that you can easily guess against. Winning on that map isn't SKILL, it's LUCK. And the entire reason I love Nurse is her skill aspect.

    Lery's I can play and win on for the most part, because correct pathing can mostly prevent guessing, and the map is set up in a way that you can make safe guesses that more or less guarantee a hit. But it also tanks my fps and once made my game crash.

    Guessing isn't skill. Stop trying to make it out to be.

    You appeared to mea culpa and clarify yourself for me in an earlier response, and despite you dismissing a whole swathe of players by saying something akin to "You shouldn't be playing Nurse if you're guessing.", I appreciated that (But seriously, not cool). However, the above is a really concerning admission.

    How can you claim to be an experienced Nurse if you refuse to play her when conditions are unfavorable? I've still got a lot to learn with her, but I don't DC, and I don't give up, I take my licks even though I do sometimes have to guess, and blindly at that when the game is going really bad.

    And I can tell you right now, without a goddamn doubt in my mind, after years of playing various games competitively at the national level, that the ability to get in side your opponents head and guess correctly is a skill.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784320#Comment_2784320

    "How can you claim to be an experienced Nurse if you refuse to play her when conditions are unfavorable?"

    Because the two unfavorable maps for Nurse are cancerous as hell. I don't play those maps on any killer, this isn't a Nurse exclusive. RPD is an instant DC no matter who I'm playing, and I only play Lery's as survivor because it lags me out.

    There's a difference between avoiding unfavorable maps and avoiding maps that completely ruin the fun of the game(RPD) or maps that make Nurse, and every other killer, completely unplayable because yay console(Lery's). I'm fine with unfavorable maps, and I actually like them. For example, Hawkins was my favorite map as Nurse ever since it came out because it gave a challenge. That brings me to my next point.

    What you're describing is not guessing, or at least not my definition of it. I call that a *mindgame*, which is something that I like to do. Those are the reason I play Nurse. However, that differs from guessing. Guessing is essentially giving up everything to chance, and I don't like to do that. Getting into your opponent's head to see what they're going to do and calculate the likelihood of them doing something isn't guessing, because you're not really leaving the hit up to luck. Sure, there's SOME luck, if they happen to do the thing that's least likely you probably won't get the hit. But that's called being outplayed, which is what makes games fun. Mindgames show skill. Guessing shows luck. If a Nurse is guessing, she both will not win the game, even if she outskills the survivors, and won't actually get better as a Nurse player either. This brings me to Hawkins.

    On Hawkins, survivors have almost limitless options against a Nurse. There are at least 10 things a survivor could do AT EVERY BLINK. And because you can't see them, you have to calculate the likelihood of each thing, and go for the most likely. That's incredibly difficult to do though, because you have to both know the map layout and have read how the survivor plays. Then you have to keep that in your head and memorize three others as well. Because survivors have so many options, it becomes a game of skill rather than luck, or "I see you, you can't do #########, I Blink and you die".

    RPD on the other hand comes completely down to luck because of inconsistent hitboxes, autolock, and Blink deadzones. And to top it all off, you're guessing in most areas because there's no way to tell the likelihood of anything on that map. It comes down to luck. And I can not stress it enough that I do not like luck.

    Guessing is luck, and luck is not skill. Mindgames are mental calculations that have a factor of luck, which is skill, and also very fun.

    Mindgames are guessing with a predictive or unpredictive coefficient. You're splitting hairs. Most people here when they say guessing don't actually mean they're throwing piss into the wind, and others before me have said the same on this thread.

    DC'ing still makes you a punk.

  • @GaslightGabby said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2784320#Comment_2784320

    "How can you claim to be an experienced Nurse if you refuse to play her when conditions are unfavorable?"

    Because the two unfavorable maps for Nurse are cancerous as hell. I don't play those maps on any killer, this isn't a Nurse exclusive. RPD is an instant DC no matter who I'm playing, and I only play Lery's as survivor because it lags me out.

    There's a difference between avoiding unfavorable maps and avoiding maps that completely ruin the fun of the game(RPD) or maps that make Nurse, and every other killer, completely unplayable because yay console(Lery's). I'm fine with unfavorable maps, and I actually like them. For example, Hawkins was my favorite map as Nurse ever since it came out because it gave a challenge. That brings me to my next point.

    What you're describing is not guessing, or at least not my definition of it. I call that a *mindgame*, which is something that I like to do. Those are the reason I play Nurse. However, that differs from guessing. Guessing is essentially giving up everything to chance, and I don't like to do that. Getting into your opponent's head to see what they're going to do and calculate the likelihood of them doing something isn't guessing, because you're not really leaving the hit up to luck. Sure, there's SOME luck, if they happen to do the thing that's least likely you probably won't get the hit. But that's called being outplayed, which is what makes games fun. Mindgames show skill. Guessing shows luck. If a Nurse is guessing, she both will not win the game, even if she outskills the survivors, and won't actually get better as a Nurse player either. This brings me to Hawkins.

    On Hawkins, survivors have almost limitless options against a Nurse. There are at least 10 things a survivor could do AT EVERY BLINK. And because you can't see them, you have to calculate the likelihood of each thing, and go for the most likely. That's incredibly difficult to do though, because you have to both know the map layout and have read how the survivor plays. Then you have to keep that in your head and memorize three others as well. Because survivors have so many options, it becomes a game of skill rather than luck, or "I see you, you can't do #########, I Blink and you die".

    RPD on the other hand comes completely down to luck because of inconsistent hitboxes, autolock, and Blink deadzones. And to top it all off, you're guessing in most areas because there's no way to tell the likelihood of anything on that map. It comes down to luck. And I can not stress it enough that I do not like luck.

    Guessing is luck, and luck is not skill. Mindgames are mental calculations that have a factor of luck, which is skill, and also very fun.

    i’ve played Nurse 3 years, across PS4 and PC. 0 dcs on any map.