Why do not more people play / learn Nurse?

We had this topic about some other killers, but with the newest data about kill rates, there she is, Sally right at the bottom of the list as the ''worst killer'', again, even after being in this game from almost the very start.

When I started playing DBD I was intimated by her power sure, but I have been pretty much maining her for the last couple of months and it's honestly been a blast. Her power is just so fun to use, and she can benefit from any type of build. These days I am just running wall-hacking nurse (bbq, I am all ears, nurses and lethal) but you have the insta down starstruck build, the obvious slow down boring build and then everything in between, and yeah when mastered she is the best killer in the game, which is why I am surprised that people are not learning her more in this current state of the game lol. I actually reached rank 1 as a killer for the first time when I got better with her which actually made me motivated to play more killer side overall.


Dead Hard is a problem for sure, but once the survivor uses it, then what ? You are still a nurse and pallets and windows mean nothing.


COH can also work against you as every other killer and it cost me a lot of matches for sure, but I would say it was my mistake since I did not commit to chases, since in most cases, when you get better you end chases way too quickly for it to matter anyway and everyone just starts dying.


On the flip side, and the reason why I started this thread, even as a rank 1 survivor who often plays with my friends who also have thousands of hours in the game we mostly face Blight, like I mentioned in one of my posts, one day it was 8 Blights, 3-4 in a row.


Dying to a tinkerer ruin undying pop blight honestly feels like a chore I have to go trough once a day at this point (do not get me wrong I love Blight, he is super fun to play and go against, but I honestly had enough lol).


And I honestly do not think Nurse is that hard to learn, it takes you some time to get the muscle memory down but after that it becomes easier. Are people that lazy to learn or just can't handle the constant losing at first? I mean yeah it sucks when you start to learn and can't land a blink to save your life, but everyone knows how strong you can become after practicing, and most importantly it's just fun, you are not bound to pallets stairs window, you are playing your own game and Survivors mostly can't do anything about it lol

Comments

  • @Tiufal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2779251#Comment_2779251

    That means youre probably a really bad killer player if it took you that much games to even get one kill done.

    Nah.

    I'm really bad at Nurse tho.

    Maybe stop insulting me because you disagree, it's childish.

  • Nurse takes a lot of time to master. Learning EXACTLY how long to charge blinks for short and mid ranges and baiting survivors to force them so you can react and catch them. It's a lot of work and then there's minor readjustments when you throw add ons in the mix. There are also gonna be survivors that are just good at baiting and punishing from having played great nurses. Nurse needs to react so when survivors force her to predict through their tile and scenery knowledge even a great nurse can have mild to moderate issues. Nurse isn't invincible and I think her trouble carrying survivors when people go for protection hits is why literally every nurse i face uses agitation with starstruck.

  • It's pretty simple: she has the highest skill floor in the game, making her incredibly difficult to pick up.

  • Because this is literally not playable with gamepad, and which is biggest of the players.

  • she's an extremely hard killer to learn and is one of the worst if you're not good with her

  • @fulltonon said:

    Because this is literally not playable with gamepad, and which is biggest of the players.

    i actually thought console nurse was easier than pc. easier time estimating where you'll blink to.

  • She takes forever to learn and her power is frustrating to learn. Also getting BM'd every match just for trying to learn a killer is not fun, either.

  • the simple answer is people dont have time

  • I think you have completely misunderstood the stats presented during the QnA Stream. Nurse is in the top 5 most played killers, which is why she is at the bottom of the list. Almost every person who starts up dbd for the first time thinks that playing killer is cool and playing survivor is for dumb scaredy cats. And then they look at the killer's powers and see that nurse's power is the ability to teleport to the survivor and hit them and they think "That is the most broken ability that could possibly exist, I am going to play this and destroy some people". When playing nurse, you discover 1 of 2 things. Either A: All low mmr survivors are hiding the moment they hear your terror radius, and you don't have an easy way to find them. In this case, you either switch to wraith (another top 5 played killer), or B, you patiently continue to play nurse until you get matched up against survivors who aren't afraid of you, which is when nurse gets much harder. Because once you have to deal with survivors running at you, you need to make sure that you know exactly how far to blink, have a good idea to where the survivors are, and realize that just a few missed blinks can give the survivors all the momentum they need to complete all the gens and make a 4 man escape. And at this point, you either give up on nurse until you have the map awareness to properly gage where you need to be, give up on killer after being humiliated too much, give up on the game because you don't want to play survivor, or become a part of the small population that continues to play nurse and gets good enough at her to make up for all the people who fail at her, and 4k every game to balance the statistic to around a 49% kill rate.

1 2 ›