Idea for Freddy Faz Bear in DbD

So lots of people are saying he should get AI minions like Nemesis’s zombies but I have another idea. He could have a unique hooking mechanic like Pyramid Head with the details of how it would work I don’t know it would be up to the devs. But I’m thinking he could stuff survivors into a animatronic (Bonnie, Foxy and/or Chica)i If he manages to stuff a dead on hook survivor the survivor dies and their spirit possesses the animatronic or in gameplay terms the survivor player becomes a killer.

Obviously this would encourage tunneling but the frustration would be mitigated because the survivor gets to enjoy two different play styles in one match. To make up for multiple killers the animatronics could be slower than the survivors or maybe even rely on stalking and standing still when they’re being watched to keep the FNAF feel

I don’t know I just feel like it would be a fun and unique gameplay mechanic that keeps to the spirit of FNAF in DBD. Another idea is to keep the stalk and stand still while being watched mechanic but let the killer switch between the animatronics if the idea of survivor players switching sides sounds too messy.

Comments

  • Would be great to get turned into a killer and then constantly get in the way of the killer while my SWF buddy gets away because I'm blocked the killer path

  • @KolbyKolbyKolby said:

    Would be great to get turned into a killer and then constantly get in the way of the killer while my SWF buddy gets away because I'm blocked the killer path

    Ya I guess I should’ve considered that im a mostly solo player who plays for fun not the sweaty high mmr lol

  • @KolbyKolbyKolby said:

    Would be great to get turned into a killer and then constantly get in the way of the killer while my SWF buddy gets away because I'm blocked the killer path

    No collision

  • That honestly sounds super cool. I don't know if it could work but the idea itself just sounds super cool.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    My thought is that it should be all four animatronics that are patrolling the map with a white stain, and the killer can shift control from to the other. Animatronics could follow and acknowledge survivors, but don't attack unless they are the one the killer controls.

    Imagine, you working a gen, Chica is nearby just wandering, all of a sudden, she twitches, her eyes shift from white light to red and she turns and looks at you. 😱😱😱

    Dude that’s a great idea Sorry just read this lol

  • @Msterflex said:

    So lots of people are saying he should get AI minions like Nemesis’s zombies but I have another idea. He could have a unique hooking mechanic like Pyramid Head with the details of how it would work I don’t know it would be up to the devs. But I’m thinking he could stuff survivors into a animatronic (Bonnie, Foxy and/or Chica)i If he manages to stuff a dead on hook survivor the survivor dies and their spirit possesses the animatronic or in gameplay terms the survivor player becomes a killer.

    Obviously this would encourage tunneling but the frustration would be mitigated because the survivor gets to enjoy two different play styles in one match. To make up for multiple killers the animatronics could be slower than the survivors or maybe even rely on stalking and standing still when they’re being watched to keep the FNAF feel

    I don’t know I just feel like it would be a fun and unique gameplay mechanic that keeps to the spirit of FNAF in DBD. Another idea is to keep the stalk and stand still while being watched mechanic but let the killer switch between the animatronics if the idea of survivor players switching sides sounds too messy.

    The issue with this though is this would just not be a good killer, fun maybe, but extremely weak unless you give them more abilities.

    Killers already struggle SO MUCH early game, since everyone is alive and gen rush is mad.

    Oni can be excused because you just need a hit for it to start charging plus you get mad benefits.

    With this, you have to straight up get them to death, then pray that they are actually gonna help you.

    Not a bad idea though.

  • Doesn't stop the survivor from not playing. So basically, a killer without a power at that point.

  • @Milo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2760240#Comment_2760240

    Doesn't stop the survivor from not playing. So basically, a killer without a power at that point.

    They could have this as a secondary power, like nemesis zombies