Abusing COH

It's apparent swfs abuse COH with medkits but if you need a reminder at how much bull crap coh is go against a 4man with medkits and 2 or 3 boons and watch the fun.....

And by fun.... I mean at your expense. It's a pretty great time when the survivors swarm you like flies and you hit one of em and the other bodyblocks you so they can heal in your face again.

It's super cool when you get a million hits and 3 hooks total bc they all just take turns body blocking and healing around you while 1 dude does the gens.

It's crazy how fast they heal. But what's crazier is the fact they know a simple bodyblock from a friend gives them enough time to heal, and then keep starting the chases over.

Sweet. Love playing against survivors I can't keep hurt. Keep it up guys.

Coh and swfs that abuse healing speeds and ganging up on killers rock!

Thanks devs! I'll go snuff another totem for the 10th time. Maybe this time it won't be relit.

Comments

  • LMFAO, it's more rare for me to even come across a 4 man SWF in the first place, let alone an entire squad of COH wielding medkit addicts?

    Jokes aside, I think you're taking this way over your head. It was a pretty boring/frustrating game, I get that. Playing solo survivor feels pretty similar in almost every damn match. Just try to move past it.

  • You can just play something else the way i understand it the dev want you to play other thing they say civ 5 is a good game so you should try it soon

  • Meh. Honestly as much as I love m1 killers, these days I play alot of instadown killers bc I run into coh so much that I find myself getting bored of constantly rehurting the survivors 100 times.

    Even when you move past the rage it can cause, it gets old fast. I shouldn't have to resort to insta down gameplay when I hear boons going off 3 or 4 times in a match like ah.... okay... one of those games...

    And you know those survivors when you see em bc they run right up to your face, get hit, sprint off, and heal immediately behind a pallet instantly.

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    LMFAO, it's more rare for me to even come across a 4 man SWF in the first place, let alone an entire squad of COH wielding medkit addicts?

    Jokes aside, I think you're taking this way over your head. It was a pretty boring/frustrating game, I get that. Playing solo survivor feels pretty similar in almost every damn match. Just try to move past it.

    Happens to me quite often. Its not all that rare to see 3-4 man swds abusing something in this game.

  • This happens very rarely and to tell the truth they do not even need to be SWF. Good survivors will take hits for they mates either way and use Cycle of Healing to heal. Sometimes the best coordinated teams are not even SWF but rather 2 x 2 lobbies where the people are just, you know, good at what they are doing.

  • In solo q, they often lead to a loss.

    I can't tell you how many times I watched some one do a boon instead of a gen.

    And then continue to relight it all game, when they could have finished a genny.

    It's another swf perk that rarely gets value in solo q.

  • I don't think you're using the verb "to abuse" correctly. Actually I think you're abusing that word

  • @Voodoo_Thirsty said:

    LMFAO, it's more rare for me to even come across a 4 man SWF in the first place, let alone an entire squad of COH wielding medkit addicts?

    Jokes aside, I think you're taking this way over your head. It was a pretty boring/frustrating game, I get that. Playing solo survivor feels pretty similar in almost every damn match. Just try to move past it.

    I have the feeling that you don't play killer often.

  • It's just another perk that makes SWF even more unbalanced and isn't great for solo

  • You know you can snuff out totems?

  • This is why killers need an option to either snuff the totem or destroy it. Good swf have always done this, body block then coordinate to heal themselves. Now with coh it's so much easier for them. Even in solo q at higher level play this is an issue b/c all the survivors can see the boon totem. Which honestly shouldn't be a thing imo.

    I do love the idea of boon totems. But killers don't have much counter play. snuffing one out can be a huge waste of time if you aren't nearby already. smart survivors will boon far away from unfinished gens so most killers won't bother looking for them.

    Boons are and remain the reason why so many killers have switched to survivor or left the game. My que time is like 50% longer now on survivor side whether i solo or swf. But i'm sure in another 8 months the devs will have enough game data to make a change to boons...

  • Once more continuing my suggestion of choice-restricting perks, items, add-ons, and powers to help the overall state of the game and help neuter some of the more stupid, over the top things.

  • CoH is insanely broken, but has yet to be fixed or commented on by the devs. It's frustrating.

    How fast was the Legion moonwalk tech fixed? Because CoH is at that level of broken.

  • The issue here isn't just fast heals. It's also free hits. When two or 3 survivors are swarming killers in the COH radius zone having medkits you'll consistently have healthy survivors bodyblocking you when your chasing an injured person.

    It prevents you from ever downing them, and the moment you hit the healthy one, the injured one heals immediately and the chase starts over.

    It's a filthy perk exploit. There's nothing killers can do aside from running perk loadouts like mad grit, starstruck.... but I don't want to have to rely on those specific perks to play the game every match.

    Add in the fact they use d-strike, or d-hard while there friends are all bodyblocking and instahealing all match and you won't get hooks. You get huts. Alot of em. This is coming from playing m1 killers not instadown killers.

    It's gross. But honestly the worst part about it, aside from absolutely no counters to these instaheals is its boring.

    You'll spend all match hitting survivors that block you, run in your face, and have to re hit them over and over and over getting nowhere.

    Snuff the boon, another lights. No counter. My poor scream was swarmed all match being bodyblocked into oblivion, and as soon as the speed boost away they hop a window, or stand at a pallet and heal in seconds just to run right back at you to bodyblock you some more.


    I'm seeing this game play exploit pretty often in swfs. It's not fun. At all. Your a killer, who's playing defensively against unafraid survivors that want to get hit.

    Lol.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Once more continuing my suggestion of choice-restricting perks, items, add-ons, and powers to help the overall state of the game and help neuter some of the more stupid, over the top things.

    If it wasn't you commenting this, I'd sarcastically reply something like "this obviously applies to survivors only right? Killers can stack all the slowdowns they want" but luckily you're one of the most unbiased around

  • bubba chainsaw go brum brum

  • @xxshyguyxx said:

    It's apparent swfs abuse COH with medkits but if you need a reminder at how much bull crap coh is go against a 4man with medkits and 2 or 3 boons and watch the fun.....

    And by fun.... I mean at your expense. It's a pretty great time when the survivors swarm you like flies and you hit one of em and the other bodyblocks you so they can heal in your face again.

    It's super cool when you get a million hits and 3 hooks total bc they all just take turns body blocking and healing around you while 1 dude does the gens.

    It's crazy how fast they heal. But what's crazier is the fact they know a simple bodyblock from a friend gives them enough time to heal, and then keep starting the chases over.

    Sweet. Love playing against survivors I can't keep hurt. Keep it up guys.

    Coh and swfs that abuse healing speeds and ganging up on killers rock!

    Thanks devs! I'll go snuff another totem for the 10th time. Maybe this time it won't be relit.

    CoH is overpowered. I know it, you know it, even streamers who seldom opine on balance issues have commented on it.

    It'll get a nerf eventually - as it really does artificially restrict choice and variety right now.

    Boons overall need a look.

  • @egg_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2758271#Comment_2758271

    If it wasn't you commenting this, I'd sarcastically reply something like "this obviously applies to survivors only right? Killers can stack all the slowdowns they want" but luckily you're one of the most unbiased around

    I try my best to stay that way