PLEASE do something about "missed skillchecks" when i just want to leave the gen

this mechanic is so annoying, honestly, please do something about it, it just cost me a game because i wanted to give my medkit to someone and then i couldn't finish the gen, it's so godamn annoying and it always happens in the worst situations. This ######### is outdated as hell.

Comments

  • Pretty sure it’s just beautiful timing where you leave the gem right after you get the skill check.

  • You mean those instant skillchecks that happen as soon as you leave gen? Those are truly horrible and should be fixed.

    Like let me hit it after I let go just like Overcharge

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    You mean those instant skillchecks that happen as soon as you leave gen? Those are truly horrible and should be fixed.

    Like let me hit it after I let go just like Overcharge

    It should be the other way around for both, you get off of the gen AFTER the skill check is done.

    Overcharge has always been such a joke with its "skillcheck2go".

  • When you leave the gen and the killer has overcharge, you still get the skill check. I think they should do the same for normal skillchecks, then even if you leave the gen/heal you can still hit it.

  • Oh yes; lets remove a little more Killer pressure by preventing gens from exploding when Killers chase Survivors off of them.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    Oh yes; lets remove a little more Killer pressure by preventing gens from exploding when Killers chase Survivors off of them.

    If a skillcheck pops up, it'll keep them there for an easy grab. I call that a nice little buff on the killer end if I do say so. It'd make me laugh every time it happens as survivor.

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    You mean those instant skillchecks that happen as soon as you leave gen? Those are truly horrible and should be fixed.

    Like let me hit it after I let go just like Overcharge

    For me the problem comes in the form that the skill-check can appear just the moment you let go. Once it pops up you should have to remain on the generator to finish it. Hitting a skill-check for "repair" while not even sitting on the generator sound a bit strange to me and it is more on Overcharge to get changed here...

    Maybe survivors could get a bit of a buffer that allows them to get back onto the generator once the skill-check pops up to hit it OR they can leave the generator while mid-skillcheck but that skill-check remains "on" the generator. Meaning that the next survivor will get to continue the skill-check on the point where you left it.

  • @burt0r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756654#Comment_2756654

    It should be the other way around for both, you get off of the gen AFTER the skill check is done.

    Overcharge has always been such a joke with its "skillcheck2go".

    "I'll be ordering the Dwight Special to go please."

  • Actually I suspect the devs like having the skill checks fail when you leave a gen mid progress because it adds an element of risk to it. Do you stay on a gen when a killer gets close hoping to finish or risk letting go and maybe exploding it? Without that risk survivors could always just let go with no penalty which loses some of the tension.

  • Yeah, they are really annoying! Almost as annoying as getting fake hits as killer.

  • I'm convinced that skillchecks having a higher chance of popping up when you leave the gen because a killer is approaching is an intended feature, and not even a dev coming here just to tell me it's just bad skillchecks timing and there's nothing coded about it will convince me otherwise

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    You mean those instant skillchecks that happen as soon as you leave gen? Those are truly horrible and should be fixed.

    Like let me hit it after I let go just like Overcharge

    +1

    Idk how this wasn't implemented years ago.

    Also, have to laugh at killers being outraged at the suggestion of basic quality of life improvements.

  • @not_Queef said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756654#Comment_2756654

    +1

    Idk how this wasn't implemented years ago.

    Also, have to laugh at killers being outraged at the suggestion of basic quality of life improvements.

    Asking for a buff to remove gen progress loss is not a 'quality of life improvement'. It's a flat buff since now Survivors won't lose gen progress when chased off a gen.

    Hilarious that some Survivors think straight buffs are 'quality of life improvements'. Shows how spoiled they are.

  • @not_Queef said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756654#Comment_2756654

    +1

    Idk how this wasn't implemented years ago.

    Also, have to laugh at killers being outraged at the suggestion of basic quality of life improvements.

    How is it only a "quality of life" change when you flat out no longer are either rooted in place or need to hit that damn skill-check?

    I get that this should have some consistency but asking to do a repair skill-check on the run seems a bit weird to me. I have another suggestion: Skill-checks are now for the generator and not per survivor. You can leave the generator while a skill-check is running but the next survivor to touche it takes over the skill-check at the point where you left it.

    Say the skill-check appears and is a 9 o'clock. You let go at 3 o'clock. Now the next person to touch the generator is met with a skill-check starting at 3 o'clock with a success zone at 9 .

    This would allow you to get back onto your gen to not miss the skill-check or leave your teammate with a very difficult skill-check because it already started running.

    You get you quality of life, the Killer still gets regression unless you show you skill.

  • @Gwinty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756872#Comment_2756872

    How is it only a "quality of life" change when you flat out no longer are either rooted in place or need to hit that damn skill-check?

    I get that this should have some consistency but asking to do a repair skill-check on the run seems a bit weird to me. I have another suggestion: Skill-checks are now for the generator and not per survivor. You can leave the generator while a skill-check is running but the next survivor to touche it takes over the skill-check at the point where you left it.

    Say the skill-check appears and is a 9 o'clock. You let go at 3 o'clock. Now the next person to touch the generator is met with a skill-check starting at 3 o'clock with a success zone at 9 .

    This would allow you to get back onto your gen to not miss the skill-check or leave your teammate with a very difficult skill-check because it already started running.

    You get you quality of life, the Killer still gets regression unless you show you skill.

    You would still have to hit the skillcheck, though. You decide to leave the gen, suddenly you get a skillcheck at that exact moment, instead of the gen instantly blowing in an unfair manner that you can't control, you are allowed to complete the skillcheck (gen still blows if you fail it).

    Like the way Overcharge works.

    Basic quality of life to make one small aspect of the game less frustrating.

    Sorry but your suggestion sounds too complicated.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    Oh yes; lets remove a little more Killer pressure by preventing gens from exploding when Killers chase Survivors off of them.

    I think you misunderstand what the OP is talking about.

  • @not_Queef said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756879#Comment_2756879

    You would still have to hit the skillcheck, though. You decide to leave the gen, suddenly you get a skillcheck at that exact moment, instead of the gen instantly blowing in an unfair manner that you can't control, you are allowed to complete the skillcheck (gen still blows if you fail it).

    Like the way Overcharge works.

    Basic quality of life to make one small aspect of the game less frustrating.

    Sorry but your suggestion sounds too complicated.

    Basic quality of life to make one small aspect of the game less frustrating.

    Less frustrating for Survivors only, you mean. Meanwhile, Killers lose out on the loss of gen progress for chasing Survivors off gens.

    Funny how Survivors are now demanding buffs as 'quality of life improvements'. Did demanding Killer nerfs 'because unfun' stop working?


    @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756795#Comment_2756795

    I think you misunderstand what the OP is talking about.

    OP is talking about gens popping when they have to run away, or when they leave it to go help someone. You know; something that causes gen regression & helps a Killer, and changing it would be an direct buff for Survivors/nerf for Killers.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756882#Comment_2756882

    Basic quality of life to make one small aspect of the game less frustrating.

    Less frustrating for Survivors only, you mean. Meanwhile, Killers lose out on the loss of gen progress for chasing Survivors off gens.

    Funny how Survivors are now demanding buffs as 'quality of life improvements'. Did demanding Killer nerfs 'because unfun' stop working?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756888#Comment_2756888

    OP is talking about gens popping when they have to run away, or when they leave it to go help someone. You know; something that causes gen regression & helps a Killer, and changing it would be an direct buff for Survivors/nerf for Killers.

    Getting skillckeck the same tick you let go of a gen, thus failing a skillcheck you didn't even see, is not something that should happen. It was never intended to work like this. Fixing it is a solid quality of life improvement.

    But I guess you just barely play survivor role (if ever), so you think only in this killer main perspective, where the worse the survivor experience is - the better.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756882#Comment_2756882

    Basic quality of life to make one small aspect of the game less frustrating.

    Less frustrating for Survivors only, you mean. Meanwhile, Killers lose out on the loss of gen progress for chasing Survivors off gens.

    Funny how Survivors are now demanding buffs as 'quality of life improvements'. Did demanding Killer nerfs 'because unfun' stop working?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756888#Comment_2756888

    OP is talking about gens popping when they have to run away, or when they leave it to go help someone. You know; something that causes gen regression & helps a Killer, and changing it would be an direct buff for Survivors/nerf for Killers.

    It doesn't only happen when the killer is coming and you know that.

    The killer is not entitled to free information and gen regression because of poor UX design.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756892#Comment_2756892

    Getting skillckeck the same tick you let go of a gen, thus failing a skillcheck you didn't even see, is not something that should happen. It was never intended to work like this. Fixing it is a solid quality of life improvement.

    But I guess you just barely play survivor role (if ever), so you think only in this killer main perspective, where the worse the survivor experience is - the better.

    It was never intended to work like this

    Actually, I believe the devs have said it was meant to work like this. @MandyTalk gens popping right as you leave is intended, right?


    But I guess you just barely play survivor role (if ever), so you think only in this killer main perspective, where the worse the survivor experience is - the better.

    😂

    Survivor main demands buffs as 'QoL improvements', then calls people who disagree 'Killer mains' because Survivors always believe they should have everything stacked in their favor. Yep; typical toxic Survivor main. Anyone who disagrees is clearly biased.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756900#Comment_2756900

    It was never intended to work like this

    Actually, I believe the devs have said it was meant to work like this. @MandyTalk gens popping right as you leave is intended, right?

    But I guess you just barely play survivor role (if ever), so you think only in this killer main perspective, where the worse the survivor experience is - the better.

    😂

    Survivor main demands buffs as 'QoL improvements', then calls people who disagree 'Killer mains' because Survivors always believe they should have everything stacked in their favor. Yep; typical toxic Survivor main. Anyone who disagrees is clearly biased.

    Yeah, I'm a "toxic survivor main" who plays both sides regularly and just wants gameplay to be less painful for one of the sides, you got me there, destroyed my point completely.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756904#Comment_2756904

    Yeah, I'm a "toxic survivor main" who plays both sides regularly and just wants gameplay to be less painful for one of the sides, you got me there, destroyed my point completely.

    You're missing the point that this QoL change is a Buff to Survivors, or a Nerf to Killers; depends on the point of view. You are literally removing those gen pops when a Survivor jumps off a gen, which means no more alerts & no more lost gen progress, which means gens are finishing that much more quickly.

    I don't care what anyone's viewpoints are; this is, directly, a buff of nerf to one side or the other. So it's not just a quality of life improvement. it's a buff and/or nerf because it directly affects the game's flow and completion times.

  • I feel like this happens more than often. You go to leave the gen for whatever reason and a skill check pops up and you miss it. It's like the game knows before you let go

  • @SuperSaiyan4GT said:

    I feel like this happens more than often. You go to leave the gen for whatever reason and a skill check pops up and you miss it. It's like the game knows before you let go

    I swear, but I cannot remember where I heard it, a dev once said that sprinting off a gen has an increased chance of triggering a skillcheck. But carefully disengaging does not.

    But again; it was years ago and I can't remember where I heard it.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756947#Comment_2756947

    I swear, but I cannot remember where I heard it, a dev once said that sprinting off a gen has an increased chance of triggering a skillcheck. But carefully disengaging does not.

    But again; it was years ago and I can't remember where I heard it.

    I really hope not! lol

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756910#Comment_2756910

    You're missing the point that this QoL change is a Buff to Survivors, or a Nerf to Killers; depends on the point of view. You are literally removing those gen pops when a Survivor jumps off a gen, which means no more alerts & no more lost gen progress, which means gens are finishing that much more quickly.

    I don't care what anyone's viewpoints are; this is, directly, a buff of nerf to one side or the other. So it's not just a quality of life improvement. it's a buff and/or nerf because it directly affects the game's flow and completion times.

    By this definition of yours any QoL improvement can be called a "buff". Even fixing bugs for one of the sides is a "buff of said side" by this logic, since fixing a bug makes the side stronger.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756936#Comment_2756936

    By this definition of yours any QoL improvement can be called a "buff". Even fixing bugs for one of the sides is a "buff of said side" by this logic, since fixing a bug makes the side stronger.

    Not really. A bugfix is not a buff or nerf; it's a bugfix. But the gens popping is clearly not a bug, so what's your point? Or did you just decide to slide into whataboutism for lack of any actual counter-points?

    Edit: I should also add that QoL improvements CAN be made without buffs and nerfs; If BHVR changed the wriggle mechanic and did not add the BS 1 second reduction; it WOULD have been a QoL change without a buff/nerf. But BHVR literally can't alter the game without giving Survivors a piece of candy.

  • @AngyKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756974#Comment_2756974

    Not really. A bugfix is not a buff or nerf; it's a bugfix. But the gens popping is clearly not a bug, so what's your point? Or did you just decide to slide into whataboutism for lack of any actual counter-points?

    And now you are contradicting yourself. All the necessary points have been stated previously, you are just trying to reduce this needed QoL improvement to absurdity and attach a "buff" label to it, while calling anyone who disagrees with you a "toxic survivor main", literally. No point in continuing here.

  • I’d be okay with it being where if a skill check appears you are forced to stay on the gen until it is resolved, but if when this happens the killer hits you or even grabs you because you couldn’t leave, then you auto-fail that skill check, even if it hasn’t appeared yet (eg. the time between the warning sound and when it actually appears).

  • This would be a buff, because it would remove a chance to lose progress, and it's not fixing a bug, because this behaviour isn't aberrant. It's... not that complicated? The question is if it's a warranted buff or not.

    I'd think that if you leave a gen as a skillcheck is triggering, you either blow the skillcheck or have to stay and do it. Not hop off, do the skillcheck, and also leave. Doing the thing that requires being on the gen whilst also having the benefit of being off the gen and mobile isn't a great combination, there.

  • Skillcheck validation pls

  • If you have a killer on you it is fair you risk an explosion considering the situation.

    If you do not have the killer on top of you you can wait a SC and move from the gen right after.

  • @Tsulan said:

    Yeah, they are really annoying! Almost as annoying as getting fake hits as killer.

    I disagree, fake hits are on a league of their own in terms of frustration. When a skill check appears when you are leaving, you know what happened and it makes sense within the logic of the game, so even an inexperienced player can put 2 and 2 together but the fake hits are the most frustrating ######### . The game acts like i should have gotten the hits, but i didn't because i actually didn't. From an inexperience players perspective even if they're looking at a recording the survivors are hacking. Instead it comes from an issue you will never know about unless you browse forums or the like.

  • I'd be alright with the skill check staying on the screen as you leave. At that point you would hit it just to prevent the explosion and for points. The gen will not progress since you are no longer on it.

  • @Junylar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756979#Comment_2756979

    And now you are contradicting yourself. All the necessary points have been stated previously, you are just trying to reduce this needed QoL improvement to absurdity and attach a "buff" label to it, while calling anyone who disagrees with you a "toxic survivor main", literally. No point in continuing here.

    How did I contradict myself? A bugfix is not a buff or nerf, because it's fixing UNINTENDED aspects of the game. Whatever being fixed was not how the game was meant to be played, or was not working as intended.

    Asking for gets to not pop as you run off of them is asking for an INTENDED gameplay mechanic to be changed. IE: A buff or nerf. This is not hard to understand.


    Removing a bug = bugfix. Not a balance change. Whatever is being changed was unintended. If Wraith could insta-kill people by attacking while invisible; this would be a BUG. It would not be nerfing his INTENDED GAMEPLAY to remove it.

    Asking for the game's intended balance to change by, say, asking for Survivors to be hand-held and no longer pop gens while leaving, thus removing sound alerts and lost progression if they jump off gens = buff. As it's changing the INTENDED BALANCE of the game.


    Edit: I'll grant you that bugfixes are TECHNICALLY buffs or nerfs. But they're not CONSIDERED buffs or nerfs, even in patch-notes. Because buffs and nerfs are INTENDED changes whereas bugfixes are fixing UNINTENDED mechanics or problems.

    With this in mind, your 'quality of life' argument is arguing for a BUFF from an INTENDED MECHANIC OF GENS POPPING AS YOU LEAVE, by removing said gen popping as you leave. Thus, buffing Survivors.

  • @not_Queef said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756879#Comment_2756879

    You would still have to hit the skillcheck, though. You decide to leave the gen, suddenly you get a skillcheck at that exact moment, instead of the gen instantly blowing in an unfair manner that you can't control, you are allowed to complete the skillcheck (gen still blows if you fail it).

    Like the way Overcharge works.

    Basic quality of life to make one small aspect of the game less frustrating.

    Sorry but your suggestion sounds too complicated.

    Then what would be so bad about the skill-check getting "on the generator".

    In my opinion a skill check "to go" is just stupid because that is not what skill-checks are supposed to represent: A difficult repairing operation where you have to be precise otherwise the thing explodes. By letting the skill check "on the generator", lingering for the next survivor to finish it this aspect would not be lost and it would not be a "buff" as some people call it anymore.

    I get that a generator exploding because a skill-check popped up just as you wanted to leave is not good and feels bad. My change would help with that.


    Now your argument is that my change sound to complicated. How so?

    Generators can "save" skill-checks. You see this with overcharge where it lingers on the generator.


    The problem is that when get the ability to let go during a skill-check and "take it with you" this will remove the "rooted on the generator" aspect. Suddenly I no longer have to deceide if I want to let the generator go or if I want to run way, I can do both.

    When a skill-check appears and say, Wraith uncloaks next to me I can now run and finish that skill-check, probably hit a great and finish the generator while right now it would just explode.


    I am all in for removing the frustation of an unseen skill-check. But I am not in for an easy to go mechanic where you no longer have to make a decision when the skill check already appeared on your screen.

    My problem mainly comes from the fact that this sound as if it would allow people to also take a skill-check that has already appeared with them. If we can prevent this I will be fine.


    @BirdSpirit said:

    I'd be alright with the skill check staying on the screen as you leave. At that point you would hit it just to prevent the explosion and for points. The gen will not progress since you are no longer on it.

    Great skillchecks grant a progression bonus of 1%. As such there is progress on the generator just for hitting a great. You will repair a generator you are no longer sitting on with this mechanic.

  • I'd like to see them make all skillchecks on gens like Overcharge, where if you get off the gen, it stays on your screen and can still be hit.

    HOWEVER, if you miss a skillcheck while nobody is on the generator, it should start to regress as normal speed.

  • No buffs needed there, it's such a minor inconvenience anyway.

  • @Gwinty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2756882#Comment_2756882

    Then what would be so bad about the skill-check getting "on the generator".

    In my opinion a skill check "to go" is just stupid because that is not what skill-checks are supposed to represent: A difficult repairing operation where you have to be precise otherwise the thing explodes. By letting the skill check "on the generator", lingering for the next survivor to finish it this aspect would not be lost and it would not be a "buff" as some people call it anymore.

    I get that a generator exploding because a skill-check popped up just as you wanted to leave is not good and feels bad. My change would help with that.

    Now your argument is that my change sound to complicated. How so?

    Generators can "save" skill-checks. You see this with overcharge where it lingers on the generator.

    The problem is that when get the ability to let go during a skill-check and "take it with you" this will remove the "rooted on the generator" aspect. Suddenly I no longer have to deceide if I want to let the generator go or if I want to run way, I can do both.

    When a skill-check appears and say, Wraith uncloaks next to me I can now run and finish that skill-check, probably hit a great and finish the generator while right now it would just explode.

    I am all in for removing the frustation of an unseen skill-check. But I am not in for an easy to go mechanic where you no longer have to make a decision when the skill check already appeared on your screen.

    My problem mainly comes from the fact that this sound as if it would allow people to also take a skill-check that has already appeared with them. If we can prevent this I will be fine.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2757321#Comment_2757321

    Great skillchecks grant a progression bonus of 1%. As such there is progress on the generator just for hitting a great. You will repair a generator you are no longer sitting on with this mechanic.

    I literally said the gen should not progress.

  • No, you literally said that "The gen will not progress since you are no longer on it." which lead me to understand that the gen would no longer progress because it is no longer getting repaired. As a gen still can get progress while you are not on it, this would not solve the issue for me.

    If this was a misunderstanding, I think we are fine.

    However a "skillcheck2go" is still a pretty wonky idea when you think about it...you are repairing something stationary, some problems occurs and you quickly need to do something or the thing will explode. You chose just to leave and solve the problem on the way, no explosion happens...this sound wonky...

  • I have a proposition:

    How about the gen just regresses if you miss a skillcheck while leaving the gen? Like old Ruin did when you hit a good skillcheck instead of a great.

    This still makes the gen regress a little, but doesn't give the notification.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    THAT'S WHAT I SAID. A fix for this is long overdue.

    I think you mean 'a survivor buff is long overdue' because a fix implies it's broken or not working as intended.

    It is 100% working as intended, but now Survivors are unhappy, and will pretend it's an oversight or bug in order to demand a 'fix'.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2758274#Comment_2758274

    It's not a buff. It's quality of life. We shouldn't be punished for something we have no control over. The explosion is intended to keep you from trying to avoid skill checks, not explode the generator when you were just trying to stop.

    It's literally a buff. You're altering intended game mechanics in a way that removes a Survivor punishment for leaving a gen. This will cut down on the number of noise notifications & loss of progress in any given game. Thus, it is a buff.

    'Quality of life' is just a smokescreen to ask for a buff while pretending it's not.

  • Dunno, being able to skip skillchecks without them triggering kinda invalidates skillchecks themselves.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2758274#Comment_2758274

    It's not a buff. It's quality of life. We shouldn't be punished for something we have no control over. The explosion is intended to keep you from trying to avoid skill checks, not explode the generator when you were just trying to stop.

    Actually the explosion is the consequence of a failed skillcheck.

    They jzst happen to automatically fail when leaving a gen during a skillcheck.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2758335#Comment_2758335

    There's a difference between quality of life and buff. The explosion when you let go during a skill check is, very clearly, intended to keep you from avoiding the skill check. Not explode for no reason when you are just trying to stop repairing to heal someone, go hide bc Killer is coming, etc. The generator exploding like that is incredibly stupid and there's nothing you can do about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm very aware of how Survivor sided DBD is, and I think something needs to be done, but this is one of few positive changes I would make for Survivors as it's really stupid. You're an extremely biased Killer main if you think this doesn't need fixed.

    Not explode for no reason when you are just trying to stop repairing to heal someone, go hide bc Killer is coming, etc.

    You ASSUME it's for 'no reason'. And again; it's buffing Survivors/nerfing Killers. Sometimes that explode is the only way a Killer knows a Survivor is nearby, because BSWF with voice comms alerted them ahead of time he was walking their way.

    @MandyTalk @not_Queen Can we get a weigh-in on if gens are supposed to explode when Survivors run away before people demand blatent Survivor-sided buffs under the smokescreen 'Quality of life'?

    And make no mistake; it IS a Survivor buff; it cuts on on lost gen progress, and prevents Survivors from making noise alerts when they run away. In no way is this not a buff for any reason other than 'But Survivors want it' under the excuse 'making the game better (for Survivors only)'.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2758371#Comment_2758371

    While I understand your point, we don't need any Survivor buffs, and I very much agree, I do not think leaving this in the game is the right thing to do. Call it a buff, whatever, but I still think it needs to be changed. Survivors should be nerfed in other ways as even with this they're still OP.

    Why? Why does it need to be changed? What reason is there to change it other than 'Survivors don't like it'?

    Want to leave a gen? Wait for the next skillcheck, hit it, and THEN leave.

    If you HAVE to leave a gen ASAP:

    1. Either you failed to use your time efficiently (IE: Stayed on a gen too long, now have to save someone before 2nd hook).
    2. Or the Killer is chasing you off the gen, which means the gen popping is like a small reward for the Killer pressuring you.


    I cannot think of a single reason to change it other than 'Survivors sad 😥' or 'Because Survivors don't want the lost progress'. Because, as I stated above; there's a way to prevent the gen from popping, or you failed to make the best use of your time. None of which is unfair or OP or broken or unintended.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2758399#Comment_2758399

    Dude. Because you're losing unnecessary progression that you had no control over, it's legit not fair and not the purpose of the explosion. The explosion is supposed to punish you for failing or attempting to avoid the skill check, not punish you for getting off a gen (that's what Ruin is for.) As for the Killer chasing you off the gen, that one is true, but it happens in many other scenarios as well, such as getting off to heal someone, do a Totem or chest you noticed, to go hide because the Killer is approaching, etc. It's stupid because you're giving your position away and losing some progress over something that wasn't even your fault. THAT is why it needs to be changed. I really don't see why you don't understand other than just you don't play Survivor and don't know.

    Again, Survivors do need to be nerfed, I do very much agree with that, but this is something that needs to be changed in the Survivors favor, because it's literally a random, unnecessary explosion you couldn't have stopped and it's just stupid.

    Dude. Because you're losing unnecessary progression that you had no control over

    Except you DO have control over it; hit a skillcheck and THEN leave. No explosion.


    it's legit not fair and not the purpose of the explosion.

    Except I maintain that it is: If the Killer chases you off a gen if you leave the gen too early, or if you fail a skillcheck; it explodes. All 3 are intended. The only ones saying 'It's not intended' are those demanding it be changed because of how they THINK it's supposed to work.


    but it happens in many other scenarios as well, such as getting off to heal someone

    Pop a skillcheck, then leave to heal them.


    do a Totem or chest you noticed

    Pop a skillcheck, then leave to do the totem or chest.


    to go hide because the Killer is approaching

    This falls under 'The Killer chased/pressured you off the gen' and thus is a reward for the Killer.


    It's stupid because you're giving your position away and losing some progress over something that wasn't even your fault.

    It's stupid that you're taking away what could be seen as a Killer reward (being chased/pressed off the gen), or a punishment for hasty Survivors (again; you can DO A SKILL CHECK BEFORE SAFELY LEAVING THE GENERATOR) just to give them hand-holding buffs.


    because it's literally a random, unnecessary explosion you couldn't have stopped

    Again; you can stop it by DOING A SKILLCHECK BEFORE LEAVING THE GENERATOR SAFELY. Thus; not random, and not uncontrolled, and not 'unintended'.

    I maintain it is purposeful. But I'd really like it if @MandyTalk or @not_Queen could actually let us know.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2758428#Comment_2758428

    1. You can't be serious. Skill checks don't always appear when you want, bub. You could sit there for 30 seconds and not get one. Waiting for one first isn't a reasonable option.
    2. Well you're wrong, it is not the purpose.
    3. See number 1.
    4. See number 1.
    5. No it doesn't. They didn't find you, you're trying to hide so they don't.
    6. RNG is their reward? Uh no. The Killer has no control over it. See number 1.
    7. See number 1.

    Oh yes; I'm wrong just because you decided it's <x> so you can demand a Survivor buff. Sure. Whatever you say.

    You're entire argument is 'I'm right because I said so' mixed in with by 'Random is unfair for Survivors'. Whatever.


    Decide what you want, but don't be disappointed when it's not changed because that's literally how it works, why it works, and Survivors don't deserve a random buff under the bullshit lie 'quality of life'.

    It's an unneeded buff for Survivors who want the game to hold their hand and prevent them from losing progress because they were too lazy to hit a skillcheck first. End of story. Your 'But it's not FAIR' means jack squat.

    It's intended, so deal with it, because I've torn apart every argument you've made until you decided 'I said you're wrong' is a valid reason. Enjoy screaming into the wind about how unfair it is that Survivors can lose progress for being lazy.

  • @R1ch4rd_N1x0n said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2758454#Comment_2758454

    Because I am right. The explosion is for punishing failed or cancelled skill checks, not for random unnecessary explosions when you were only trying to stop. Trying to stop repairing to go save or heal my friend is me being lazy? Yeah okay, makes plenty of sense. It's not intended and you know it, you're just an overly biased Killer main. End of story.

    You're not right. You ASSUME you're right based on nothing more than wanting it to be your reasoning so you can demand a change. Sorry you can't accept that it's working as intended.

‹ 1 2