Why?
Can somebody explain to me why this happens. So the killer will target one particular person (in this case I was not the obsession). Then proceed to chase them for five generators then hook them (they actually did not camp) and get mad in the post game chat when everybody else says “GG”. I just don’t understand the purpose of chasing someone who is good at running the killer around and be too stubborn to change targets to an easier survivor. It’s happened so much that I’m used to it but why get mad when you could’ve easily changed targets? It’s just pointless to get angry.
Comments
Some killers just don't like specific players or they aren't very good. I've chased a specific bald Dwight just because I hated his look and flashlight :-)
I dunno I was playing Claudette and I was running her around pretty decently. I got downed with two gens left. Farmer David came and farmed me but I managed to slip away for another chase to happened when all the gens popped and I died on my second hook. Meh...it happens, just no point in getting angry with the survivor you targeted for being good at running you around.
If I target any survivor in particular it is a P3 Quentin or Kate. They seem to be the most toxic of all.
If someone is new they won't be able to mindgame well, and it doesn't feel natural that you just can not catch someone. So people keep trying.
That is true especially because the person was playing Spirit and she has a high skill cap. Although I will say that you are not ALWAYS safe behind a pallet. Some killers lunge through pallets and 50% of the time you’ll go down. Not to mention that Huntress and Nurse cut off loops to pallets.
I’ve come over from F13 where the killer is EVEN weaker than on DBD, you would not believe the salt from that game. It is about 2X as worse than it is on DBD.
I think a lot of players just want instant gratification without putting in much effort at all.
Gone are the days where players would play a game with only a small handful of lives and a continue and play over and over practicing until they can win.
Some Players these days either can't admit that they need to practice to get better at the game or have this need to be fulfilled every time they pick up the game pad. I guess it's why some games have difficulty options.
My 2 cents.
And it was totally worth it.
Reading post game chat was even more fun though!
You described perfectly the kind of players who complain over and over on these forums.
Although i admit that this game still needs small tweaks in favour of especific killers, like leatherface, i think it's quite balanced and there are many "issues", especially coming from killers, that would get fixed if they tried to get better, use the full potential of each killer and learn from their mistakes instead of blaming the game.
Btw, good example the one about the old games, i still remember how hard was to finish Alex Kidd.
TMNT and Contra nuff said, now those were tough.
Chasing a good survivor is key to learning where you need to improve in a chase. But if they got salty about their own shortcomings in that chase, they likely completely lost out on learning anything from it. That's not to say I haven't continued a chase out of frustration; I believe most of us have at one point or another.
Like when I skin my knuckles while working on my car and I yell at the car instead of myself for being a stubborn fool. I knew to use more penetrating oil (giggity) on that bolt, but I got flustered at it and just tried using brute force. Not the car's fault... it's just a car being a car, man. I was the proud goober, so it's my bad.
I got sidetracked. Life lessons and all that jazz.
I think that game was invented to invoke sibling fights.
I'll happily target and hunt down a Jake. But am not going to waste an entire game if it becomes clear that the guy I'm chasing is beyond my skill level to catch efficiently.
It is sometimes hard to bring yourself to let go of a chase, but it needs to be done.
Well TMNT the mission at the dam where you swim underwater through the super narrow area and the final boss on Contra which was god mode basically. The Contra fight was long considered unbeatable and if you did you had to have cheated lol.
Agreed there was that 1 super narrow spot that I could almost never get past ever. I even tried it with Game Genie and would still die lol.