Most Powerful Addon In The Game?

I'm sure a lot of people are going to say Alchy Ring, but honestly - Tombstone Piece is hilariously silly. Change it, give Myers help elsewhere (I'd make 'stalk juice' reset slowly on survivors so you don't arbitrarily run out of your power on longer games).

Comments

  • @StarLost said:

    I'm sure a lot of people are going to say Alchy Ring, but honestly - Tombstone Piece is hilariously silly. Change it, give Myers help elsewhere (I'd make 'stalk juice' reset slowly on survivors so you don't arbitrarily run out of your power on longer games).

    alch ring or mdr and yeah obviously tombstone op but atleast its on arguably the worst killer in the game

  • @Zachcjjj said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/302325/most-powerful-addon-in-the-game

    alch ring or mdr and yeah obviously tombstone op but atleast its on arguably the worst killer in the game

    Myers? I wouldn't say he's the worst by any means. Not when Trapper and Legion exist (I'd argue that Wraith and non camping Bubba's are also really awful right now).

    MDR isn't too bad in isolation, it's the combo with the blossom that makes it rather strong.

    Alch Ring is definitely getting nerfed in the midpatch. It's just the subject of too many complaints.

  • When it comes to how powerful they are with it compared to not then I’d say pinky finger. Having exposed on demand as clown for 1 add on slot is ridiculous

    Id Change it to expose survivors for 30 seconds if they cure their intoxication with an antidote. Changes his playstyle in a fun way but remains somewhat powerful

  • Tombstone because you can instakill a healthy survivor you've had 0 interaction with, didn't even stalk.

  • Obviously speed limiter on bubba.

    If you're lucky you can hit the same survivor 2 times with one chainsaw sweep

  • @Phasmamain said:

    When it comes to how powerful they are with it compared to not then I’d say pinky finger. Having exposed on demand as clown for 1 add on slot is ridiculous

    Id Change it to expose survivors for 30 seconds if they cure their intoxication with an antidote. Changes his playstyle in a fun way but remains somewhat powerful

    honestly both clowns iris are pretty busted but yeah pinky finger is a good contender for most busted addons

  • Tombstone Piece for sure. Nothing else lets you straight up remove a survivor at ~4 gens remaining.

    Judith's is balanced, even if it's not the most fun thing in the world to play against, but Piece is just busted. There's a lot of very strong addons out there - MDR, Alchemist's, Mint Rag - but I don't think any can hold a candle to that one.

  • If we're ignoring the Killers these Add-ons are attached to, then Tombstone Piece would be the most OP Add-on in the game, but if we're also taking the Killer into account, then Alchemist Ring would take the spot

  • @Laluzi said:

    Tombstone Piece for sure. Nothing else lets you straight up remove a survivor at ~4 gens remaining.

    Judith's is balanced, even if it's not the most fun thing in the world to play against, but Piece is just busted. There's a lot of very strong addons out there - MDR, Alchemist's, Mint Rag - but I don't think any can hold a candle to that one.

    Mint Rag...honestly I'd say is about right for an iri.

    It's powerful and opens up a different playstyle, but it does have an opportunity cost and requires a bit of skill and foresight to use effectively.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2721870#Comment_2721870

    Mint Rag...honestly I'd say is about right for an iri.

    It's powerful and opens up a different playstyle, but it does have an opportunity cost and requires a bit of skill and foresight to use effectively.

    The deal I see with Mint Rag is that it removes half the counterplay to Hag's power. If you don't have a flashlight, good luck, because she's coming back to that hook/hex/gen/exit gate whether you crouched or not. Hag also takes very little time to reset a trap if she guesses wrong, so there isn't much travel overhead for her. As for opportunity cost - does it detract from her basekit power? I didn't think so.

    Mint Rag won't help her if she's setting up traps at chase points, and they're just as destructible while she's busy with someone else, but at objectives, it's pretty nasty. Hooks especially.

    I don't mind it myself - Hag is just way too rare for me to get chuffed about anything she has - but I wholly understand why people have an issue with it.

  • This content has been removed.
  • Mother daughter ring on spirit is pretty nuts.

  • Most powerful/consistently great/positively transformative addons in the game (According to me).

    ? - Unsure

    "Formerly" - No longer the case.


    Spirit:

    Mother Daughter Ring (+ Yakuyoke Amulet/Dried Cherry Blossom)


    Blight:

    Compound33

    AlcRing

    Blight Tag


    Myers:

    Tombstone


    Pinhead:

    (Formerly?) Engineer's Fang


    Huntress:

    (Formerly) Iridescent Head + Belt


    NUrse:

    Torn Bookmark

    Kavanagh's Last Breath

    (Formerly) Omegablink, 5 blink


    Oni:

    (Formerly) Scalped Topknot


    Trickster:

    (Formerly) Cut Thru U + Splash


    DemoGORGON:

    Leprose Lichen?


    La Plaga:

    Black Incense?

    Iridescent Seal?


    Hag:

    Mint Rag

    Rusty Shackles?


    Based Clown:

    Pinky Finger


    Legion:

    (Formerly) Frank's Mixtape


    Billy:

    (Formerly) Carb Tuning Guide


    Pig:

    (Formerly?) Tampered Timer + Crate of Gears?

  • Probably Alchemist’s Ring. As ultra rare, I’d say the fang (even after the nerf) and MDR.

  • BNP.

    I don't care the power of killers' purple/iri addons.

    Most killers' purple/iri addons are just terrible anyway.

  • @SonicOffline said:

    All Seeing Blood

    All Seeing used to be strong, it's really mediocre now. The aura reading is tiny. Honestly, his iri that lets him track gens is a lot better.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722000#Comment_2722000

    All Seeing used to be strong, it's really mediocre now. The aura reading is tiny. Honestly, his iri that lets him track gens is a lot better.

    Well as a player with 500+ hours on just Wraith, I feel it's still exceptionally strong, especially if I'm using it as a face check assistant instead of as a radar.

  • @Haddix said:

    Most powerful/consistently great/positively transformative addons in the game (According to me).

    ? - Unsure

    "Formerly" - No longer the case.

    Spirit:

    Mother Daughter Ring (+ Yakuyoke Amulet/Dried Cherry Blossom)

    Blight:

    Compound33

    AlcRing

    Blight Tag

    Myers:

    Tombstone

    Pinhead:

    (Formerly?) Engineer's Fang

    Huntress:

    (Formerly) Iridescent Head + Belt

    NUrse:

    Torn Bookmark

    Kavanagh's Last Breath

    (Formerly) Omegablink, 5 blink

    Oni:

    (Formerly) Scalped Topknot

    Trickster:

    (Formerly) Cut Thru U + Splash

    DemoGORGON:

    Leprose Lichen?

    La Plaga:

    Black Incense?

    Iridescent Seal?

    Hag:

    Mint Rag

    Rusty Shackles?

    Based Clown:

    Pinky Finger

    Legion:

    (Formerly) Frank's Mixtape

    Billy:

    (Formerly) Carb Tuning Guide

    Pig:

    (Formerly?) Tampered Timer + Crate of Gears?

    Hmm.

    • Fang is still decent, but it has a big trade-off.
    • Nurse's bookmark is nutso.
    • Honestly, I find Demo's soda to be a bit stronger. People also sleep on the Lighter, which can be used to keep an entire team Blind.
    • Plague's seal is decent, especially against teams that refuse to cleanse.
    • Hag's shackles are nice, but they have a huge trade off in that you can't use traps to shunt people's camera around.
    • Finger is very strong.
    • Pig...now I really like Video+Ruleset 2 if I'm feeling mean. People will auto DC within the first 30 seconds of the game so I generally don't use it though.
  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2721992#Comment_2721992

    Hmm.

    • Fang is still decent, but it has a big trade-off.
    • Nurse's bookmark is nutso.
    • Honestly, I find Demo's soda to be a bit stronger. People also sleep on the Lighter, which can be used to keep an entire team Blind.
    • Plague's seal is decent, especially against teams that refuse to cleanse.
    • Hag's shackles are nice, but they have a huge trade off in that you can't use traps to shunt people's camera around.
    • Finger is very strong.
    • Pig...now I really like Video+Ruleset 2 if I'm feeling mean. People will auto DC within the first 30 seconds of the game so I generally don't use it though.

    how often have you used lichen? i see it as a huge upgrade over soda tbh. see EVERYONE no matter what they're doing (except lockers) while tping and for 3 seconds.

    i guess if you miss them behind the gen then soda would be better in that specific scenario? but overall i don't see it being better in the majority of times personally.

    sorta up to preference though, but i'd still argue that lichen is stronger and gives valuable team-wide information in every stage of the game whereas soda is too focused on one thing.

    also i do like the brass lighter praise, it's very easy blindness.

  • Combine nurses irri add ons. Literal easy mode

  • It’s pretty easy to pull off that setup when playing him tbh. Obviously in normal circumstances you shouldn’t but iri’s are supposed to change a killers playstyle

  • @Haddix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722024#Comment_2722024

    how often have you used lichen? i see it as a huge upgrade over soda tbh. see EVERYONE no matter what they're doing (except lockers) while tping and for 3 seconds.

    i guess if you miss them behind the gen then soda would be better in that specific scenario? but overall i don't see it being better in the majority of times personally.

    sorta up to preference though, but i'd still argue that lichen is stronger and gives valuable team-wide information in every stage of the game whereas soda is too focused on one thing.

    also i do like the brass lighter praise, it's very easy blindness.

    I made a comment months ago about leprose. I ran it with MYC and felt its was insanely strong.

  • Bubba with both his Iri add-ons is just some deranged mofo. I play this combo every once in a while, and nothing can prepare the survivors for whats comming. I once got 3 survivors down in one activation! I disturbed an unsave unhooking in the classic Bubba fashion, but then kept chasing behind the unhooked survivor with his BT and hit him twice, then noticed another survivor at some nearby gen and also caught that one. The last survivor managed to pick one of the others up, by the time I had hooked two, but the game was pretty much over by that time and I gave the last one tha hatch ^^

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Bubba with both his Iri add-ons is just some deranged mofo. I play this combo every once in a while, and nothing can prepare the survivors for whats comming. I once got 3 survivors down in one activation! I disturbed an unsave unhooking in the classic Bubba fashion, but then kept chasing behind the unhooked survivor with his BT and hit him twice, then noticed another survivor at some nearby gen and also caught that one. The last survivor managed to pick one of the others up, by the time I had hooked two, but the game was pretty much over by that time and I gave the last one tha hatch ^^

    you're better off using iridescent flesh + chili, since carb tuning guide decreases your speed, and it'll consume all tokens for breaking a pallet which can suck. chili gives the same benefit without the downsides of tuning guide. it's only worth using if you don't like timing your charges.

    iri flesh is really nice though, i like it.

  • Obvious choice would be Tombstone Piece, but I would say Iridescent Flesh for Bubba.

  • @Haddix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722024#Comment_2722024

    how often have you used lichen? i see it as a huge upgrade over soda tbh. see EVERYONE no matter what they're doing (except lockers) while tping and for 3 seconds.

    i guess if you miss them behind the gen then soda would be better in that specific scenario? but overall i don't see it being better in the majority of times personally.

    sorta up to preference though, but i'd still argue that lichen is stronger and gives valuable team-wide information in every stage of the game whereas soda is too focused on one thing.

    also i do like the brass lighter praise, it's very easy blindness.

    Quite a lot.

    From certain angles, I find the auras get blocked by gens.

  • Pinky Finger is the most overpowered add-on. It is by far Clown’s best add-on and singlehandedly makes Clown much, much better as a killer than without it. I really do think they need to give Clown a slight boost to his base kit and simultaneously nerf Pinky Finger a bit, it would make Clown better overall but also even out the popularity of his add-ons

  • @Haddix said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2722116#Comment_2722116

    you're better off using iridescent flesh + chili, since carb tuning guide decreases your speed, and it'll consume all tokens for breaking a pallet which can suck. chili gives the same benefit without the downsides of tuning guide. it's only worth using if you don't like timing your charges.

    iri flesh is really nice though, i like it.

    You are 100% right with your assessment, but there is something pure or cathartic about slotting in two iri add ons that work together so beautifully. And with a lucky run you can keep sawing for half an eternity and traverse the map from one end to the other ... well, not really, but there is a very fun youtube video from OhTofu were he has some awesome footage of that combi :)