Best Designed/Balanced Killer In The Game?
I'm very tempted to say Demo.
- Fantastic addons (mostly), opening up very different strategies.
- A nice balance of traversal and anti-loop, without feeling oppressive.
- High skill cap but low skill floor.
Plague is another.
Comments
I like Demo, too bad he's not for sale any more. π
Blight's also a good killer. Has a bit higher skill floor but you can at least get around the map quickly with him even if you have trouble landing Lethal Rushes. And his ability is run to use.
I personally like Freddy and Doctor, they're not as powerful as Blight but I like they way they work.
Spirit
Blight is great, but some of his addons need a tweak. They are a tad too strong.
Doctor is one of my favorites, but the wonky validation on his shocks never ceases to annoy the pants off me. People also hate playing against him for some reason (Pig and Myers I can understand due to some of their meaner addons, but Doctor is weird).
Freddy...sigh. He used to be brilliant, and a few slight tweaks would have reigned him in. Gutting his addons just makes him boring now I find.
I suspect that you will marry Spirit one of these days XD.
I totally agree on Freddy. The only issue he really had was being able to stack the slowdown addons + slowdown perks, making it "forever Freddy", but they had to nerf everything else too even fake pallets.... it's like they can't make little tweaks, they either do nothing or do too much.
I think Demo is pretty balanced, but I'd say old Billy (besides the insta saw addons) was the most balanced and fun imo.
My pick would probably be Pyramid Head.
You think Plague is balanced? Isn't it just a lose/lose situation against her though?
Cleanse and she gets arguably the strongest power in the game.
Don't cleanse and you're exposed all game, making loud ass noises and she probably has a pool or two to use anyway depending on addons.
Personally I hate playing against her.
Following on Freddy, I always use his fake pallets. Snares are more effective, but fake pallets are hilarious, I never get tired of someone throwing one, getting the blood explosion on their surprised face and then a free hit. π
Easy choice would probably be Blight or Demogorgon, but I'll go with Oni. He has a very powerful Power that rewards mindgames and good play, while punishing bad play and remaining fair, has overall good Add-ons with a few exceptions and has counterplay. His biggest flaw in my opinion is that his counterplay, ShiftW, can really destroy him and make him obsolete. Other than that, he's perfect
I'll second The Oni as the best balanced. Mainly because he has a power that he needs to earn to use, and in return gets the ability to insta-down anyone for a period of time, and then repeat. This is important for me, because it's showing a good balance between the power and the steps to activate it. He's also very well designed, intimidating during the trial and his add-ons (whilst not wildly interesting) are decent.
plague is most balanced
Twins is best designed, but doens't work cause of grounding problems. Victor is kinda a turret, it could be used in so many ways that you could mindgame alot.
I am a big fan of high skill gap high skill ceiling so my money is on Blight and Nurse
Oni has top-notch skins aswell
Not Demo. I've always thought he was really boring, hence his abysmal pick rate.
I would say basekit Blight and Old Billy were the best designed Killers.
Claudette.
The fear and misery that she can inflict upon her opponents are legendary.
Her fragility when(if) captured balances her out.
On a serious not, I always thought Demopuppy was well balanced, he was a force to be reckoned with if he was in the hands of a good player.
Demogorgon being boring? What???
Ohh, I absolutely hate playing against her. But you or me hating playing against her doesn't have to do anything with how well she is designed.
Plague and Oni are great examples of good killer designs. If you play them well, you can be quite the force, but every aspect of them can be countered to a relatively large degree.
You can cleanse in the corner and she may not even have time to get her power. And even if she does, you can stall it and evade her for a long time. Also you only cleanse if or when you have to
I'd say Oni, decent skill ceiling with an oppressive power thats somewhat based on how survivors play.
Yeah, especially before his buffs.
Iirc, he was the 2nd least played Killer prior to those changes.
He suffers because he is a jack of all trades, master of none. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well, he just does everything okay.
That's fine from a balance perspective, but he could've been so much cooler.
Yes, you are right. Donβt tell her but I bought a ring and am ready to propose to her soon. Just nervous ya know.
Spirit
Artist
Pyramid Head
Nemesis
Wraith
Huntress (barring hitboxes) and base kit blight
Artist.
Best designed is Blight, easily.
Most balanced is Demo, arguably.
Demogorgon.
He's strong, but fair.
His shred can be dodged, mind-gamed and predicted by the sound he makes. But it's also powerful and a good zoning tool if used right.
His teleport is strong, as well, but can be disabled and deactivated by the survivors.
Everything he does, has fair counter-play, but remains strong.
Basekit Blight.
1. Has solid counterplay (other than holding W)
2. Good power in chase if used correctly.
3. Mobile
Do I need to add anything else? Basically, both sides have a good chance to outplay eachother anywhere at any time. The [Basekit] power isn't to oppressive in chase but also isn't to weak.
Executioner and Cenobite, on release, were the most balanced killers of their respective eras, even including their addons.
Demogorgon is currently the most balanced - but not super fun for either side if you and your opponents are decent - it ends up feeling grim.
prior to their gutting i would have picked either Hillbilly or Deathslinger.
but now i think im gonna have to go with Blight.
Demo is a tempting pick as well, but i dont like how a lot of Demo gameplay is just faking the power to zone out Survivors.
I cant deny that he is very fun though.
well, as fun as killer can be currently.
demo, blight and pre-nerf billy
:(
Freddy, Clown (criminally underrated), Spirit, PH, Oni, Demo, Doc are all in the conversation. All are strong, don't completely depend on lack of coordination, and also don't screw over solo queue.
I don't think Blight is well-designed. He has access to high mobility without the need to do anything for it. I'm not saying he is not balanced or not fun. But in terms of pure game design perspective, he is weird. A great comparison can be Oni. Has great mobility, but has to earn it through skill.
I'd say huntress, but this is in a fantasy scenario where her hatchet hitboxes are actually consistent.
I think Demo and Myers are pretty good
artist.