Idea- changes I would make to "Iron Will" (Jake Park)

Hello guys, how are you?

I always come up with ideas to buff some perks, including "self-preservation" and "off the record", and the comment I hear the most is that the lack of use is partly due to the "iron will" my opinion is a strong perk and that you can use anytime when you are injured (as long as you are not in the "dying state"

Thinking about it, I thought of some changes that I would find interesting and that I've been thinking about for some time:

-Buff: all levels remove pain moans by 100%

-Nerf: The perk activates whenever it is in pursuit with the killer, when leaving the chase the perk will deactivate after 15/20/25 seconds

I always thought iron will could be a very good perk to trick the killer into chases, but I see it being used a lot for survs to stealth, while perks that should do this function like "off the records" and "self preservation" like I mentioned before, I always questioned about the nerf of perks like "Stridor" about losing effectiveness against this perk, but I think my idea would make players opt for more varied builds, just like what happened after the DS nerf, wanted know your opinion, do you think about these changes that I mentioned?

Comments

  • I think it won't change the reason players complain about IW, which is losing Survivors during a chase. If you nerfed IW, players still won't use Off The Records and Self-Preservation.

  • @TheMadCat said:

    I think it won't change the reason players complain about IW, which is losing Survivors during a chase. If you nerfed IW, players still won't use Off The Records and Self-Preservation.

    Maybe, but I still think using WI for stealth is a huge benefit to perk in the hands of skilled players.

  • IW was originally meant as a stealth perk. If anything you should nerf it's use in a chase over its use out of one.

  • Just add a 30 second timer that resets on heal

  • Either remove the "mute" part of it by making it 60/70/80 % less sound or,

    make it like Lucky Break, 100 % less sound but a limited edition. (Should be maybe 90 seconds or more)

  • The problem with Iron Will is it mutes ALL sounds the survivor makes. Just make it remove injured sounds and it'd be fine, survivors still make all their regular noises just not injured sounds.

  • Iron will is fine with tracking/wallhack perks tbh… it actually makes some survivor otherwise close to unplayable because they are just way too loud in general. It's useless on some survivors, and almost necessary on others…so maybe adjust sounds or don't. IW is good and up there, but nothing broken.

    I'd like you to say that there's always going to be a meta, there's always going to be strong perks. On both side. That's inevitable. Doesn't mean everything that's good/meta needs nerfs.

    The only thing that's annoying is how stale and unchanging the meta is.