Can we please see the loadout of other surivors during the one minute timer?

I am done with me writing in the chat "Hey, I am using an Azarov map offering, anyone against it?", I get no answer, so I believe that everything is fine, just to see a Crotus Prenn offering from the non-english speaking survivor who then dc's and proceeds to insult me (in a different language) in after game chat, cause I countered his map offering.


Can we please make it that survs can see each others perks/items/offerings during the one minute timer? It would help A LOT when playing solo survivor AND it wouldn't make swf stronger, since they tell each other already what they have. I get it, the chat can help with that, but not when you are playing on european servers with people who cannot speak english at all or who are afk during the timer or refuse to cooperate at all.


A small UI change could help out with that, like a small list or visual representation above or below the survivors model, which shows their equipped perks, item, add-ons and offering.


Sincerely,

A solo survivor player

Comments

  • this would help buff solo immensely, it makes it easier for randos to cooperate with each other

  • There is no good reason for why survivors SHOULDN'T be able to see everything the other survivors are bringing.

    Plus this is just a QoL change that's on the long list of long over due QoL changes.

  • I 100% support this.

  • Would be nice - remember only PC has Chat.

  • people are gonna to get dodged for not running meta perks or get m insulted for running specific stuff like No Mither, Haddonfield offering etc.

    good idea in theory but I think this would actually encourage toxicity even more

  • Would be great to have this. Would help in bridging the gap between SWF and soloQ.

  • The really whacky thing is that DbD Mobile already has this feature in it. At least seeing Perks and Item with add-ons. Dropping in another slot for the offering shouldn't be too difficult for PC and console.

    I think they might need to have it so you have to hover over a person's name to see their loadout, or maybe just have a new screen in the options screen after the currently last page that shows everyone's ping, where it is the loadout screen from the after game lobby and se Survivor you can see what the other Survivors currently have on and can see the Killer's name but not load-out.

    The way the lobby is set up right now it'd be cluttered to have four Perks, an item with two add-ons and an offering hovering over everyone's heads so they'd need to have it on another screen or space everyone out a bit more around the fire.

  • @Mooks said:

    people are gonna to get dodged for not running meta perks or get m insulted for running specific stuff like No Mither, Haddonfield offering etc.

    good idea in theory but I think this would actually encourage toxicity even more

    I can totally see this. I don't have bt but the amount of times I got ######### in chat after the game even tho I never unsafe unhook is insane

  • I don't understand why this isn't a thing. It's just another one of those gaps that lets SWFs outperform solos by nature of how powerful information is in this game. Solos have no idea what their teammates are running outside the item type in their hand. Does the random who keeps jumping into lockers have Head On or are they just scared? Does the guy who's following and gesturing at you while you have an active RBT have For The People or are they dumb? Who doesn't have BT and isn't the best choice to go for saves? Who has Decisive Strike and won't care if you hook farm them, and you shouldn't run in and go down to protect them off the hook?

    You could argue that players would get dodged if they were clearly running newbie perks, but default Dwights-through-Fengs tend to get dodged anyway.

    If players getting dodged for running No Mither, Slippery Meat, etc, become that much of an issue, show offerings and items in the lobby (also helps people stack team bloodpoint modifiers) and then show perks in-game, either when near a survivor or as a HUD element.

  • @Mooks said:

    people are gonna to get dodged for not running meta perks or get m insulted for running specific stuff like No Mither, Haddonfield offering etc.

    good idea in theory but I think this would actually encourage toxicity even more

    True, but i think the pros overwhelming outweigh this.

  • Wow the more I think of this, the more disgusted I am that this isn't already a feature. Why the hell would a team oriented survival game NOT allow teammates to see each other's loadouts?

  • i think we just need better balance between individual perks and between individual offerings would be needed for this.

    i mean.. it will make adept David pretty damn hard to even attempt in soloQ… kinda for all adepts..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2717649#Comment_2717649

    i think we just need better balance between individual perks and between individual offerings would be needed for this.

    i mean.. it will make adept David pretty damn hard to even attempt in soloQ… kinda for all adepts..

    Maybe an option to show/hide your loadout to other survs? At the end of the day, there shouldn't be perks so bad that if your teammates saw them they'd lobby dodge you.

    But realistically, most teams just run 3 meta perks with 1 niche perk, perfectly understandable.

  • There was a bug on PC for a short while that showed survivor perks.

    They swiftly removed it and when asked why responded that they didn't want survivors to get bullied/dodged for not running meta perks, etc which I think is understandable.

    An easy fix would be to have it a selectable feature so you can hide your perks if desired (and to avoid snipers)