Joining the NOED is good club

I realized that NOED is fine I don't like facing against it sometimes but seriously survivors have DH and DS two powerful and perks one of them a kick in the nards so yeah NOED is a good perk I'll use when there's those really garbage matches.

Comments

  • It's honestly not that great of a perk. I don't think it needs a nerf or anything, I actually like being on my toes when the last gen pops, but it really is only good against over confident or bad players. It doesn't usually take long to find the lit totem, and even if it does (looking at RPD), I always have the option to let the killer get their (usually) one kill while I leave through the exit gate.

    It functions a lot like survivor perks in that it keeps us questioning whether or not if the killer has it, just like how killers have to consider if survivors are running DS, BT, DH and UB and play around them even if they don't have it. Only difference is, survivors have the option to completely remove it from the match if they stealthed around and did totems, they also have the option to just leave and not take the risk.

  • That's great but out of every meta survivor perk in the game (ie, Circle of Healing) why would you pick the one perk (DS) that's so easy to counter my sister knew how to play around it after being hit by it twice.

    (Also NOED is a garbage perk that'll get you 1 extra endgame kill if that, unlikely with boons as meta though. Really would suggest just quad stacking slowdown if you need it instead of thinking NOED is at all a good perk. The only thing NOED is good at is exacerbating the massive balance issues between solo and SWF and the people you're killing with NOED are not the people you need it's help against)

  • Seconding that NOED isn't particularly good. It'll get you one down, maybe two- or it'll give you nothing, if everyone's injured or it's cleansed as soon as it's lit, or if you just don't get a down until the gates are open and everyone's leaving.

  • Half of the time I forget that I got ot equipped on my killer and then get confused were the healthy survivor disappeared too, until I notice him writhing in agony on the floor.

  • Noed needs a buff, in that it wipes the map of boons

  • NOED just punishes Solo Q players whilst not doing anything to SWF....

    So unless you really struggle against Solo Q, I'm not sure why you'd run it.

  • NOED will just boost your kill total and raise your MMR to a level where survivors will also use extremely competitive perks and strategies. I dunno about you, but I rather have more casual matches.


  • @Pulsar said:

    NOED just punishes Solo Q players whilst not doing anything to SWF....

    So unless you really struggle against Solo Q, I'm not sure why you'd run it.

    This. It's a pub stomper perk. SWFs will split up and find the totem quickly, then BT rush you, or if that's not feasible for some reason (say, NOED is right next to your hook), the person on hook will call it and everyone else will bail cleanly. Even more experienced solos know what to do and will fan out to hunt the totem, though they won't be as quick as SWFs. NOED's peak effectiveness is against the teams that aren't very hard to kill anyway.

    It's better not to rely on NOED because it's something that won't carry over very well once you end up in higher MMR, which all the lowbie stomping will cause.

  • Welcome to the family, brother.

    Boons were honestly a NOED buff. Ditch the excessive slowdown stacking and drop the Undying. Try and setup a manageable endgame so you can blow out the survivors with No Way Out+NOED.

    Lethal Pursuer has become a favorite perk of mine to help facilitate this. That and BBQ.

  • @Akumakaji said:

    Half of the time I forget that I got ot equipped on my killer and then get confused were the healthy survivor disappeared too, until I notice him writhing in agony on the floor.

    I've used it exactly once as I hadn't unlocked anything else worth using and that was my exact reaction.

    "Wait, why are you downed? oh, right, i forgot."

  • NOED is just the skill based No Way Out.

  • NOED isn't that good but if you like it, you're free to use it. As long as you have fun with it I don't see a reason for you to drop it.

  • Don't listen to anyone talking about solo survivors, it's not true and it's not your job to coddle them or fix balance problems between SWF and Solo.

    Even if NOED only secures one kill, that's one more kill than you would have without it.

    Wraith for example is not a threat at all if it's endgame and 3+ survivors are still alive. NOED can put some fear in them and maybe get you a kill or more. It's a fair alternative if you aren't going gen slowdown. Killers like Cannibal or Billy obviously don't need it.

    If you're struggling in the current meta best start learning how to proxy camp and force stage two hooks. If you see multiple survivors always go for the one with more hook states. Letting four people live until you've hooked everyone twice isn't viable.

  • Welcome, it's always nice to see new faces

  • people rail at NOED because at that point they expect to escape and then don't and have a tantrum about it that's all.

    I like facing NOED it makes the endgame so much more intense. I wish there were more perks that could surprise you, immediately threaten you and you have to plan around, it makes for some desperate plays and a thrilling endgame.

    If it takes NOED to make killers scary to face then heck I wish it was basekit.