Survivor Profiles/Stereotypes?
Closing in on 350 hours, so decided I'd write up a list of observations regarding the behavior of survivors based on their choice of avatar.
Very curious as to where you agree/disagree.
Tapp - Rare, generally very skilled. The god of pallet stunning you the second you pick a survivor up. Runs weird perks and makes them work.
Jane - Desperately wants to use her Head On, even if it takes 5 minutes for you to pass by. Keeps AFK crows as pets.
Dwight - A wildcard, but tends towards being a toxic little gremlin - especially if he's wearing the 'Dwelf' or 'Present' skin. Usually easy to catch. #1 survivor to rage DC within 1 minute of the game starting. His flashlight macros sound like a typewriter.
Laurie - Ranges from new to moderately experienced. Will sacrifice herself to give her allies the gate. Her medkit somehow lasts forever. Is a grandmother IRL.
Meg - Ranges from adorably derpy to a looping machine. Not generally toxic but complains about her team in postgame.
Kate - Silly, endearing, gives up too easily. Has a tendency to lead you to other survivors mid chase. Amazing at 360s.
Ash - Pretty chill in-game. Bodyblocking champion. Tends to sulk when he starts losing, and either gives up or suicides on hook. Probably the most likely to QQ in postgame.
Bill - Either a total newbie or a monster. Sometimes loses due to being excessively altruistic. Cursed with getting generator skill checks the second he leaves.
Nea - Usually a nightmare combination of pretty good and insanely BM. Teabags your zombies and still somehow escapes. Always finds the gen you hoped she wouldn't really early.
Elodie - Does 4 gens solo without you ever seeing her. Decent player. Never complains even when her team lets her down.
Feng - You just know that she's the waifu of whoever is playing her. Has the unique ability to teleport the second she rounds a corner.
Claudette - Her inability to loop is counteracted by her ability to hide in the bushes whenever she smells the killer within 60m. Always runs Spine Chill. Spends too much time self-caring. Generally pretty well mannered.
Ace - Bar none the most likely to go out of his way to make the killer miserable, even if it costs his team the game. Second most likely to rage DC. Always brings a Haddonfield or Badham offering. Think's he's a great player, but struggles without his SWF. Can be annoyingly slippery.
Jill - Any Jill with a non-standard skin is going to loop you for 5 gens. Don't even bother chasing her, she's way better than you. Will always manage to Kobe the second you leave her alone, pick up two slugs and open the exit gates before you know what happened.
Jake - Prone to teabagging, turning 180 degrees then walking directly into a trap and DCing.
Leon - Adorable derpy puppies. Sometimes toxic, but generally silly and entertaining enough that you don't hold it against them. Loves to Dead Hard into walls, flashbang themselves or hide in a locker directly in front of you. Thinks you have wallhacks.
David - Teabagging gold medal champion. #1 most likely to have a dumb name and be a jerk in postgame. Frequently makes a beeline for the exit gates with someone on the hook right next to him.
Mikaela - Decent player. Spends way too much time trying to boon everything. Loves to unhook you right in front of the killer, but means well.
Chris - The king of running into the corners of the map and going down. When you find a good one, you tend to remember them. Tries to add you postgame. Asks for feet pictures.
Jeff - Immensely chill, generally pretty good but not amazing. Often the #1 choice for 'you get gate/hatch'. Memelord supreme.
Nancy - Terminal case of locker addiction. She's often very salty in postgame. Prone to DCing.
Steve - If he's running his 'Scoops' skin, prepare for a lethal dose of toxicity. His souped up flashlight is powered entirely by teabagging.
Jonathan - No matter where he holds 'W' to, he always seems to find that one really annoying vault you didn't want him to. Doesn't realize how annoying his scream is, thinks that every killer is BM because they hit him immediately after hooking. Complains about balance in postgame.
Yun-Jin - Loves to flashlight blind you at pallets or when you vault, but forgets to run anywhere after. You wonder if she's hacking or just running weird perks. Not as quiet as she thinks she is.
Jonah - Calm, skilled, well mannered. He's not there to waste anyone's time. Always brings a tricked out toolbox.
Felix - Does not exist, your memories of seeing him 100 games ago are a dream.
Quentin - See Felix.
Cheryl - She's busy opening a chest in the basement, don't expect to be unhooked any time soon. Nobody is better at finding the hatch the second someone dies. She makes you wonder if she's lag-switching or using a potato for a router.
Zarina - Tricky, the absolute queen of picking up a slug the second your back is turned. Always tries risky vaults mid chase.
Yui - Jumps off ledges mid chase hoping you don't notice. Insists on healing you under the hook. Hides in the corner of the exit gates not realizing the guy on the hook is already dead and dies to EOGC. Sometimes dies to EOGC trying to escape in a snowman suit.
Comments
The Bill one hits a bit too hard.
Aww, I love Scoopy Steves. To me, he's tied with Dwight for 'likeliest for all four survivors to be identical and then approach the killer as a memelord pack.'
You're dead on about Ashes, Bills, Megs, Davids, Claudettes, Nancies, and Neas. Nancies are the likeliest to ######### about their teammates in chat for me. Fengs are either baby console players or flashlight-wielding, brightly colored monsters able to compete with Neas for sheer BM-per-second output. Fengs are by far the likeliest to ragequit. Mikaelas are the hybrid child of Meg and Claudette - generally on the derpy side, sometimes aggressively and sometimes panicky, and they prioritize boons to a self-destructive degree. Always the one who blows up Haunted Grounds.
Felixes always seem so mild-mannered to me. They're very neutral. I don't get BMed by them, but they don't do cute things either. They just play the game in a well-rounded fashion and quietly exit at the end. And I sometimes see the Aces you're talking about - Aces in general always seem like pretty strong loopers - but I've met plenty that were pretty calm, behavior-wise. He's not like Nea, Dwelf, or pink bunny Feng where I expect them to be toxic.
You missed Yui - I find they're often aggressive, but not necessarily as good at backing up their bold plays as some others. Tied with Ash for most likely to bodyblock and take protection hits. Relies on you falling for her Decisive Strike.
Adam is a cryptid.
Claudette’s: garbage teammates that run self care and urban evasion, bring the killer towards you when you are working on a gen because they can’t loop. They can also be extremely toxic when I play killer. I always play nice with everyone but when I see one Claudette in the lobby, they are not gonna enjoy the game.
:( no Jonathan.
Despite my profile pic being Steve, I alternate between him and Jon.
No Claire either :( unless I am blind. but honestly what would be Johnathan’s stereotype?
I see Yui did not make the cut :(
Spot on with Feng.
I turn a corner and somehow she walks through me and is 10 feet behind me. Could 'nothing personnel kid' me if she had a knfe.
Steves are not toxic! We are the loveliest types of players
I have Sabo, Diversion, Red herring, Anymean on Steve. Constantly making noise (not spamming noise) because I feel annoying fits him, and I dont even watch the movie.
No Quentin? Shame.
I agree with most besides Tapp and Bill. All the Tapps I've seen so far (which haven't been any) have been complete potatoes. I see way more Bills, and they never bring BT and just farm others off the hook.
Totally agree on Aces. They always sandbag their team mates as well.
Since my first day playing the game, every Laurie that played with me left me on the hook, farmed me for points and dropped pallets to block my way. I agree that she can be way too good at looping but i don't know why every Laurie is mean to me in my games. --
As a Cheryl main, I'm not trying to pretend to be better or anything but I like teamwork and I'm always going for the save first.
I agree with what you said about Leon. They are too adorable! I will usually let them escape... I can't help it, lol. He is my favorite game character of all time ;)
Megs act like muggers in my games
Agree with all but Jane. For some reason every Jane has self care and will make it their sole objective to spend 80% of the match healing themselves
Yui literally got cut off :) Have re-added her.
Have added Quentin and Jonathan :)
As a long time Quentin player, it hurts to see what you've written.
But then again, one can't really blame us for not playing a character after BHVR took everything that made Quentin, well...Quentin.
What is it with Quentin? I know a lot of players are still moderately sore about something that was done to him - and I don't think I've ever seen one in the wild.
I cant hate Megs because shes...Meg.
It's like blaming q horse for getting startled and bolting off; it's justwhat they do.
That would be the model rework.
As a rule of thumb "people with ugly cosmetics" fall into "im going to try my hardest to be a pain in the ass" category, applies both sides and above all skill spectrum.
Yup. Especially on Dwight.
I'm looking at the before and after - what is it that people didn't like about the new model/preferred about the old one?
Removal of sleep depravation and Freddy's claw marks (P3).
He had the best prestige in the game. As someone who mains p3 Quentin, I was quite disappointed to see the claw marks go, since it made it so unique.
As for the rework, he didn't look great... but now he looks almost like felix's twin with that jawline.
Well said.