Scourge Hook Spawns

Spawn points of Scourges need to be adjusted to prevent stuff like this.

49502805-5b48-4a20-bea5-ca5fa3198f45.png

Should have clarified, them spawning in clusters on one side of the map is what Im complaining about. Spread them things out!

Comments

  • Itd be nice to say the least, especially on the swamp map where they can all end up the hooks in the damn corners. All of them.

  • Yes. It's really frustrating when all of the Scourge Hooks spawn on one side of the map and you get little to no use out of them because the survivors keep running to the other side of the map.

  • I mostly just take this as the hint to 3 gen that side of the map where the good hooks are.

    But honestly it would be nice if we got 5-6 scourge hooks instead or more hooks per scourge hook perk.

  • Nope. It’s about time killer actually got something useful and balanced. Something that counters gen rushing for good outside of Pop and Ruin. The killer has to catch people to activate that power, and the hook spawn is totally random. Sometimes the hooks aren’t near each other like that at all. On all the corners of a large map Lery’s or that new Artist map. Making it weak during the whole trial unless you run Iron Grasp/Agitation.

    It’s no different than Father Campbell’s insane loops that’ll spawn all clumped together. Killers deal with inconveniences like that almost every match multiple times.

    Don’t get caught. Is the easiest counter to Scourge Hooks. If you know where they are stay away from them altogether. If you don’t like them bring toolboxes and break them. I’ve been seeing lots of thay lately since I’ve been using this perk.

  • @WaveyTrey said:

    Nope. It’s about time killer actually got something useful and balanced. Something that counters gen rushing for good outside of Pop and Ruin. The killer has to catch people to activate that power, and the hook spawn is totally random. Sometimes the hooks aren’t near each other like that at all. On all the corners of a large map Lery’s or that new Artist map. Making it weak during the whole trial unless you run Iron Grasp/Agitation.

    Don’t get caught. Is the easiest counter to Scourge Hooks. If you don’t like them bring toolboxes and break them. I’ve been seeing lots of thay lately since I’ve been using this perk.

    you realise the picture is from the Killer's perspective, right?

  • @BenihimeWrath said:

    I mostly just take this as the hint to 3 gen that side of the map where the good hooks are.

    But honestly it would be nice if we got 5-6 scourge hooks instead or more hooks per scourge hook perk.

    I would make it based on number of hooks total.

    Problem is that you can have 6 hooks on whole map and you can also have 13 hooks on whole map.

    Maybe make it 50% of spawned hooks instead?

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707696#Comment_2707696

    you realise the picture is from the Killer's perspective, right?

    Yup, and they got lucky. Is what you should be comprehending from all of that. I’ve been using that perk since Saturday. They don’t always spawn together like that. You act as if they’re clustered every single match. Sometimes they’re nowhere near each other. You’re mad because the RNG helped the killer. When RNG gives survivors obvious hex totem spawns, and insane loops that’ll connect almost all of the time. Now there’s CoH that makes survivors heal insanely fast. Killers gotta go out of their way to stamp them out. It’s about time killers got a solid, strong power. It’s perfectly fine as is.

    There’s plenty of ways to counter Scourge.

    1.) Don’t fall anywhere near those hooks. RUN AWAY.

    2.) Break those hooks when someone is about to be hooked on one.

    3.) Use Oaks to increase the distance of all the hooks.

    Every time killer gets something balanced the survivors mains will whine. Then it gets nerfed in some silly way that makes the perk even worse. Like Hex Ruin. New Ruin is just awful (Brain Dead), and Old Ruin was much more healthy/balanced.

  • @WaveyTrey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707701#Comment_2707701

    Yup, and they got lucky. Is what you should be comprehending from all of that. I’ve been using that perk since Saturday. They don’t always spawn together like that. You act as if they’re clustered every single match. Sometimes they’re nowhere near each other. You’re mad because the RNG helped the killer. When RNG gives survivors obvious hex totem spawns, snd insane loops that’ll connect. Now there’s CoH that makes survivors heal insanely fast. Killers gotta go out of their way to stamp them out.

    There’s plenty of ways to counter Scourge.

    1.) Don’t fall anywhere near those hooks. RUN AWAY.

    2.) Break those hooks when someone is about to be hooked on one.

    3.) Use Oaks to increase the distance of all the hooks.

    Every time killer gets something to balance survivors they whine. Then it gets nerfed in some silly way that makes it even worse. Like Hex Ruin. New Ruin is just awful (Brain Dead), and Old Ruin was more balanced.

    I... how do you think that's a lucky spawn? Or that their complaint is a survivor-sided rant about unfair hook locations? The likely complaint is that all or most of the spawn hooks can show up clustered in one corner of the map, which is the exact thing you don't want to happen!

    Or why on earth you think I'm mad. I love scourge hook perks as an idea and I don't even play Survivor. Chill out and stop tilting at windmills. <_>

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707708#Comment_2707708

    I... how do you think that's a lucky spawn? Or that their complaint is a survivor-sided rant about unfair hook locations? The likely complaint is that all or most of the spawn hooks can show up clustered in one corner of the map, which is the exact thing you don't want to happen!

    Or why on earth you think I'm mad. I love scourge hook perks as an idea and I don't even play Survivor. Chill out and stop tilting at windmills. <_>

    Yeah, I have a feeling that he missed the point by a mile...

  • @WaveyTrey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707701#Comment_2707701

    Yup, and they got lucky. Is what you should be comprehending from all of that. I’ve been using that perk since Saturday. They don’t always spawn together like that. You act as if they’re clustered every single match. Sometimes they’re nowhere near each other. You’re mad because the RNG helped the killer. When RNG gives survivors obvious hex totem spawns, snd insane loops that’ll connect. Now there’s CoH that makes survivors heal insanely fast. Killers gotta go out of their way to stamp them out.

    There’s plenty of ways to counter Scourge.

    1.) Don’t fall anywhere near those hooks. RUN AWAY.

    2.) Break those hooks when someone is about to be hooked on one.

    3.) Use Oaks to increase the distance of all the hooks.

    Every time killer gets something to balance survivors they whine. Then it gets nerfed in some silly way that makes it even worse. Like Hex Ruin. New Ruin is just awful (Brain Dead), and Old Ruin was more balanced.

    Uh, dude, that's horrible luck right there man. Three scourges in one spot is basically only scourge hook in that area, and another one probably 63 miles away from the map,

    The point of this thread is to show how annoying scourge hook spawns can be for the killer. This has nothing to do with scourges being unbalanced for survivors, in which they aren't.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707708#Comment_2707708

    I... how do you think that's a lucky spawn? Or that their complaint is a survivor-sided rant about unfair hook locations? The likely complaint is that all or most of the spawn hooks can show up clustered in one corner of the map, which is the exact thing you don't want to happen!

    Or why on earth you think I'm mad. I love scourge hook perks as an idea and I don't even play Survivor. Chill out and stop tilting at windmills. <_>

    It works in reverse too, which shouldn’t have to be explained…

    If they’re clustered on one side of the map a lot then use perks and add ons to compensate that. Killer Oaks will likely spawn hooks closer together for your own convenience. Agitation and Iron Grasp lets you carry survivors to hooks you normally wouldn’t reach. These are things you gotta think about. Maybe run Agi/Grasp? If I get bad RNG with Pain Resonance I typically run one of the carry perks to compensate. It’ll pay off too because that -15% is worth it. Especially with Pop if survivors touch the distant gen after it bursted the first time.

    Depending on where they’re positioned it can be good or bad. As it should be. The moment players start complaining about stuff too much in any way whatsoever…. The devs will make whatever it is worse somehow before ever making it better. This is a fact. Ssssh!! 🤫🤫🤫

  • @WaveyTrey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707710#Comment_2707710

    It works in reverse too…

    If they’re clustered on one side of the map a lot then use perks and add ons to compensate that. Killer Oaks will likely spawn them closer together for your convenience. Agitation and Iron Grasp lets you carry survivors to those hooks. These are things you gotta think about. If I get bad RNG with Pain Resonance I run one of the carry perks to compensate. Works like a charm.

    Depending on where they’re positioned it can be good or bad. As it should be. The moment players start complaining about stuff too much the devs will make whatever it is worse somehow before ever making it better. This is a fact. Ssssh!! 🤫🤫🤫

    Running multiple perks to make one of them work is a sign of a failure of perk design (consider how many hex totems are based around the idea of penalising doing totems and still they barely work).

    Agitation and its kin are nice to haves, but you shouldn't be totally screwed out of the ability to use a perk without it (or sometimes even with it) because the map RNG decided to plonk you in Mother's Dwelling and put all the scourge hooks on the same side of the map as the Survivors' spawn and the first gens done.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2707718#Comment_2707718

    Running multiple perks to make one of them work is a sign of a failure of perk design (consider how many hex totems are based around the idea of penalising doing totems and still they barely work).

    Agitation and its kin are nice to haves, but you shouldn't be totally screwed out of the ability to use a perk without it (or sometimes even with it) because the map RNG decided to plonk you in Mother's Dwelling and put all the scourge hooks on the same side of the map as the Survivors' spawn and the first gens done.

    True! However, these devs won’t fix it. That is a fact. They’ll make it worse somehow. With a new patch the power wouldn’t even activate upon hooking survivors. You’ll get stuck trying to hook the survivor there, or something else that is awful. Like corrupted hooks always spawning in certain spots like a Hex totem that’ll stick out like a sore thumb. Meaning survivors can take full advantage almost all of the time.

    After what they did to Ruin I simply don’t trust them anymore when it comes to balancing anything. Just let RNG decide. 😭

  • @WaveyTrey said:

    Nope. It’s about time killer actually got something useful and balanced. Something that counters gen rushing for good outside of Pop and Ruin. The killer has to catch people to activate that power, and the hook spawn is totally random. Sometimes the hooks aren’t near each other like that at all. On all the corners of a large map Lery’s or that new Artist map. Making it weak during the whole trial unless you run Iron Grasp/Agitation.

    Don’t get caught. Is the easiest counter to Scourge Hooks. If you don’t like them bring toolboxes and break them. I’ve been seeing lots of thay lately since I’ve been using this perk.

    Bruh, I want them spread out to cover more distance on the map so I get more value out of the hooks throughout the match regardless what side of the map Im on...

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2706965#Comment_2706965

    I would make it based on number of hooks total.

    Problem is that you can have 6 hooks on whole map and you can also have 13 hooks on whole map.

    Maybe make it 50% of spawned hooks instead?

    I sort of like the idea, it would especially help on maps like RPD where there are a LOT of hooks because of how awkward all the hallways are, but none of them are usually convenient scourge hooks.