Cenobite is such a wasted potential.

The fact that one of the most iconic killers with amazing story, soundtrack, design has such a weak power is so pity for me. Literally no one wants to play Cenobite, because his power is very low rewarding for the effort that you need to make in order to gain some use of it. I beg you devs buff his gateway power, make Pinhead awesome and fun killer to play as, like come on you payed for the license just to get a killer that no one wants to play?

Comments

  • I can’t speak for anybody else but I enjoy playing Pinhead.

    Also while his 1v1 chain is weak, that’s not his only ability. His Chain Hunts are quite good, and his Teleport is situationally good. (It depends on the scenario, basically if they would solve the box anyway and you’re not doing something more important than teleporting to hopefully get a quick hit and deny them a free item is worthwhile, but they’re close enough to stop them from solving the box by just walking over and hitting them with a chain then that’s probably the way to go since you can maybe get the box yourself out of it.) I’m not saying he’s good or bad overall, I’m just saying you can’t judge him solely on his 1v1 chains.

  • Cenobite iconic killer? I don't think so. Not even close.

  • May I interest you in Nemesis?

  • @dugman said:

    I can’t speak for anybody else but I enjoy playing Pinhead.

    Also while his 1v1 chain is weak, that’s not his only ability. His Chain Hunts are quite good, and his Teleport is situationally good. (It depends on the scenario, basically if they would solve the box anyway and you’re not doing something more important than teleporting to hopefully get a quick hit and deny them a free item is worthwhile, but they’re close enough to stop them from solving the box by just walking over and hitting them with a chain then that’s probably the way to go since you can maybe get the box yourself out of it.) I’m not saying he’s good or bad overall, I’m just saying you can’t judge him solely on his 1v1 chains.

    The lament configuration with chain hunt is only his addition to power. His M2 should be better than this since it's controlled by players. And it's even way harder to master it, like seriously way harder than nurse. And yet the reward for this is only the 3 chains that can break very easily. Nurse literally can do whatever she wants with this power.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    May I interest you in Nemesis?

    I already give up on him. Gives survivors 3rd extra health state, yay

  • Tbf his power is very accurate to pinhead which is very Important to the hellraiser fans who want to play him

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    Cenobite iconic killer? I don't think so. Not even close.

    Idk how old are you, but back in the late 80's, pinhead with chatterer were pretty iconic

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704738#Comment_2704738

    I already give up on him. Gives survivors 3rd extra health state, yay

    They're both wasted potentials. Pinhead is accurate but weak, Nemesis isn't even close to accurate but mediocre/weak

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Tbf his power is very accurate to pinhead which is very Important to the hellraiser fans who want to play him

    When it comes to paper yes, but in reality the reward is very not accurate with how it was in movies.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704736#Comment_2704736

    Idk how old are you, but back in the late 80's, pinhead with chatterer were pretty iconic

    Probably older than you. Hellraiser movies are pretty terrible and he's not even in Top 5.

    No one knows about these movies because no one is talking about them.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704744#Comment_2704744

    When it comes to paper yes, but in reality the reward is very not accurate with how it was in movies.

    Maybe but in the confines of dbd I think bhvr did an excellent job with him. It’s not like he’s terrible anyway just a bit underwhelming but still has potential to dominate.

    Compare that to pig and Myers who both well liked but both much worse than pinhead

  • His power is weak? I think you've got a different Cenobite lmao.

  • @ThanksForDaily said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704747#Comment_2704747

    Probably older than you. Hellraiser movies are pretty terrible and he's not even in Top 5.

    No one knows about these movies because no one is talking about them.

    😂😂😂

    You just made me laugh, ngl

    Literally everyone on social medias wanted a Pinhead to be in dbd so your point is not really valid.

  • @ReverseVelocity said:

    His power is weak? I think you've got a different Cenobite lmao.

    Hell yeah it's weak. I'm not even afraid of speaking it. Literally a worse clown with nurse skill cap

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704756#Comment_2704756

    😂😂😂

    You just made me laugh, ngl

    Literally everyone on social medias wanted a Pinhead to be in dbd so your point is not really valid.

    Same,when you say Cenobite is an iconic killer 😂

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704749#Comment_2704749

    Maybe but in the confines of dbd I think bhvr did an excellent job with him. It’s not like he’s terrible anyway just a bit underwhelming but still has potential to dominate.

    Compare that to pig and Myers who both well liked but both much worse than pinhead

    They both a stealth killers while Pinhead is meant to be an anti-loop with little pressure killer. And the only good he has is a little pressure with lament configuration

  • If he wouldn't be, then BHVR wouldn't even bother to add him to dbd

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704757#Comment_2704757

    They both a stealth killers while Pinhead is meant to be an anti-loop with little pressure killer. And the only good he has is a little pressure with lament configuration

    His possessed chains are useful at loops so long as you can aim them and his chain hunt can be pretty oppressive under the right circumstances

  • @Phasmamain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704771#Comment_2704771

    His possessed chains are useful at loops so long as you can aim them and his chain hunt can be pretty oppressive under the right circumstances

    The main problem with possessed chains are not with aiming. The PROBLEM is: his chains breaks way too quick when survivors use the environment and thanks to this his reward for that effort is...repulsive. Also chain hust is supposed to be something similiar with Pig: A slowdown mechanic, not to meant to do his purpose since survivors are aware of the placement spot of the box, but if you manage to get constant chain hunt then props for you, but it rarely triggers and only for a second.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704743#Comment_2704743

    They're both wasted potentials. Pinhead is accurate but weak, Nemesis isn't even close to accurate but mediocre/weak

    I actually would argue that Nemesis by itself is pretty strong. Thing is his zombies is terribly inconsistent at doing their jobs to buy you time to get stronger. Literally just fix zombie A.I so they'll be reliable instead of rolling a dice and Nemesis would be A tier.

  • @Myla said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704748#Comment_2704748

    I actually would argue that Nemesis by itself is pretty strong. Thing is his zombies is terribly inconsistent at doing their jobs to buy you time to get stronger. Literally just fix zombie A.I so they'll be reliable instead of rolling a dice and Nemesis would be A tier.

    He still wouldn't be A tier. He has the worst early game imo. His whole Power is giving Survivors a speed boost, nothing else

  • The Chain Hunt should be 100% his whole deal. The controlled chains are awful so instead, when you hit with one, have it decrease the delay until the next chain hunt. And his "box is invisible till the chain hunt" addon should be basekit. Straight up, have him be the Go-To 1v4 power. It takes a minute to get going, but if you land controlled chains you can cut it down to be way, way faster. And when it does start going, everybody's getting disrupted across the map.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704768#Comment_2704768

    If he wouldn't be, then BHVR wouldn't even bother to add him to dbd

    SAW. Crypt TV. Hell, you could even make an argument for Stranger Things. Hellraiser is great but saying it's iconic and comparable to most of DBD's normal licenses is just flat-out incorrect. I'm happy it got in, but Pinhead is definitely one of the least iconic licenses we have.

    The main reason it's in the game is BHVR's love for Hellraiser, as Coté has made clear several times. It's always been their dream license.

  • @PlayTwink said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704782#Comment_2704782

    The main problem with possessed chains are not with aiming. The PROBLEM is: his chains breaks way too quick when survivors use the environment and thanks to this his reward for that effort is...repulsive. Also chain hust is supposed to be something similiar with Pig: A slowdown mechanic, not to meant to do his purpose since survivors are aware of the placement spot of the box, but if you manage to get constant chain hunt then props for you, but it rarely triggers and only for a second.

    Pinhead is perfect representation of what survivor deem as fair ability. His possession chain effectiveness is entirely controlled by survivor. Its like that with Ghostface as well. His ability to stalk is entirely controlled by survivor's ability to utilize 3rd person camera to break him out of night shroud. From looking at these two modern killers(modern compare to killers like wraith, nurse etc.), It seems like new approach to killers is that survivors are meant to 100% control effectiveness of killer power from start to finish. That seems to be new balance model.

  • @Altarf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704773#Comment_2704773

    SAW. Crypt TV. Hell, you could even make an argument for Stranger Things. Hellraiser is great but saying it's iconic and comparable to most of DBD's normal licenses is just flat-out incorrect. I'm happy it got in, but Pinhead is definitely one of the least iconic licenses we have.

    The main reason it's in the game is BHVR's love for Hellraiser, as Coté has made clear several times. It's always been their dream license.

    The hellraiser movies are most certainly iconic. Where we you when everyone was excited and freaking out that we were getting him? Stating something as incorrect dosen't actually mean that your right. No one is saying hellraiser is more "iconic" just that it is.

  • Pinhead's big problem is that he is somehow the perfect combination of a pain to aim and land (and surprisingly easy to dodge even for something you can slightly correct after firing), and the effects of his abilities being so reliant on Survivors making mistakes. Letting the chain hunt start, solving the box in a terrible place, failing to dodge the chains if the hunt does start, not breaking the chains in time, etc.

    What makes the Engineer's Fang and Original Pain so good isn't necessarily the injury states, it's the payoff for landing the hits.

    Seriously, if 90% of his ability set didn't have the ability to leave him in a worse position than not using it even if you hit with the chains (talk about weird anti-loop powers that are bad at way too many loops), he'd be much better off.

  • @ThatOneDemoPlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2704799#Comment_2704799

    He still wouldn't be A tier. He has the worst early game imo. His whole Power is giving Survivors a speed boost, nothing else

    You underestimate how good his Zombies are when it's actually working lmao. That's why I want his zombies to be more consistent since it's really strong if the zombie doesn't get stuck in front of a survivor repairing a generator. It provides a lot of passive delays and that's not mentioning the perks that even provides further delay. His power may need some help starting up but when it gets going, it gets going. Can create massive dead zones already and just hold a good three gen and you're golden. That's assuming if zombies are working ofc.

  • His box is a big slowdown so I'm sure they had to balance it so his power must be difficult but very rewarding. He does prevent loops completely when landing his shots. I don't think he is too bad.

    I still see some using Hoarder which is very strong.

  • @Phasmamain said:

    Tbf his power is very accurate to pinhead which is very Important to the hellraiser fans who want to play him

    it's not that its inaccurate it's just its weak

  • @Sluzzy said:

    His box is a big slowdown so I'm sure they had to balance it so his power must be difficult but very rewarding. He does prevent loops completely when landing his shots. I don't think he is too bad.

    I still see some using Hoarder which is very strong.

    I've missed you

  • I main Pinhead and play him daily, I'm good with how he is. I get rolled obv against good survivors but that would happen regardless of what Killer I'm playing anyways.

  • They should add some sounds to him - i dont mean his voicelines.

    He is just so silent when walking around or hitting.

  • @Sepex said:

    I main Pinhead and play him daily, I'm good with how he is. I get rolled obv against good survivors but that would happen regardless of what Killer I'm playing anyways.

    I also play him daily and I see the obvious problem that he has in trials. But I don't ignore them, I openly speaks about them.

  • @Sepex said:

    I main Pinhead and play him daily, I'm good with how he is. I get rolled obv against good survivors but that would happen regardless of what Killer I'm playing anyways.

    So do I, and? His M2 is still situational high risk low reward with potato addons, and the box is way too easily used against you for your power.

  • Idgaf about Cenobites balance

    I just want the voice lines.

    It's what I fell in love with in the PTB.

    Yeah, I should just get over it but I feel catfished with this mute MF. Hes so quiet and creepy, like he was designed to have a voice.

    Until then I'll stick with Nemesis.

  • I feel like im the only one who doesn't think hes bad. His active power isnt great but the constant pressure from the box is great. There is pretty much no occasion against pinhead where all 4 survivors can be on generators because of the box.