New to DBD but I feel it is biased to survivor to the put of BS

Like I said I have only being playing for a short while, but I get so frustrated as killer that I just have to DC or risk breaking something (very mature, I know).

But, when survivors are healing themselves on the other side of a pallet that I'm breaking and are both fully healed and have run away in that time is complete BS! If they can heal that fast, why can't I hit faster?! Secondly, the boon totems are completely OP. I am already patrolling gens, fruitlessly chasing survivors and occasionally hook. I don't have time to search for bones. Which is pointless anyway because they can just be replaced 5 seconds later!? HOW IS THAT FAIR!? Can killers replace their totems? Not that it would help because it's 4 to 1!

They're running around me like rats, UNHARMED because I swing at the rate of a F-ing musket! They already have the speed boost after taking a hit, why can't I swing again? If a survivor is dumb enough to stay that close they deserve to get spanked not walk around scot free! I know there's a perk/killer that can help with that but I don't have that many slots and it doesn't make sense! Why are the mechanics F-ing me over specifically? Am I not supposed to be scary?

Flashlights and the like were driving me insane before. Now I just have that immunity perk(Light born?) always equipped because the game is completely unplayable otherwise. Hence, I mostly play hillbilly, because trapper is useless against a somewhat competent team. They would bust my traps quicker than I could set them assuming they bothered and didn't just walk around them...despite being in a doorway.

When I lose as survivor, I'm cool with it even if I'm camped or whatever because I felt it was my fault by making mistakes or whatever. But, when I'm losing as killer it's really frustrating because I can't DO anything about it and there wasn't anything I could do. I was F'd from the get go due to survivors having all the power!

Sorry for the rant/whine but I want to know does it get better? Because right now I feel the killer's perks are required to elusively counter the survivor's perks and they got 4 times the amount so I'm never going to win.

Comments

  • Don’t worry. At low ranks killer is easy as hell. Soon you 4k every game.

  • Experience > Perks

    The game is rly hard at the beginning as Killer. I used whispers to find them. After a while u can "read" survs.

    Like when the game starts u can be 90% sure where they spawn,etc.

    Maybe watch some Killer mains on Youtube/twitch, that also helps alot.

    I dont face boon totems that often anymore.

    There are always sweaty clicky clicky bodyblock tbag survs. U can try to avoid them. Just dodge every group with colourful cosmetics and flashlights. U can also check there gametime. And trust me 4 privat profils = dodge.

    I was able to get 4 iri 4ks with all Killer without pers and addons multible times, and im not even that good as Killer.

    So just play and dont dc. Just tab out of the game and watch youtube when u dont want to play this round anymore. No reason to waste bp.

  • @dictep said:

    Don’t worry. At low ranks killer is easy as hell. Soon you 4k every game.

    Yeah and then soon you will start losing again, what is your point?

    Also that worked with old rank system, because old players just weren't in low rank. But it is 100% possible and quite easy to stay in low MMR for both sides.

  • I feel the complete opposite, when I play killer I lose based on my performance, if you lose a survivor mid chase and allow them to traverse the entire map to heal that's your fault for not chasing properly, if you can't catch them is because you probably don't know how to mind game a loop or don't know when it's good to stop chasing, if you get flaslighted then learn to face a wall before you pick or search the area...most of the times if someone is trying to flaslight save it's basically a free hit for you and maybe even a free down, and theres a perk for almost all of those issues that will help the killer, basically everything is on you.


    As a survivor I can lose a lot if someone disconnects (sometimes even 2 guys disconnect or go AFK at the start of the match) nothing I can do about that, if a player ragequits early is basically almost impossible to win, if my teammate unhooks me in front of the killer and I get farmed there is nothing I can do about that (It's not like we have communication to prevent a bad teammate from farming you) if I loop the killer 3 minutes and my teammates are not doing gens there is nothing I can do about that, if my teammates suck and don't know how to loop they get downed instantly and the killer applies a lot of pressure and steamrolls the game, if I get matched with a troll that decides to make the game miserable for me by failing every skill check possible and explodes generators every 3 seconds then there is nothing I can do about that...and contrary to how a killer can equip perks to help them with the problems you listed...there is no surrvivor perks that will help me not get matched with an AFK/Troll/Trash/Rage quitting teammate.

  • Embrace the NOED philosophy :


    Do BoNeS.

  • @Noober89124 said:

    Like I said I have only being playing for a short while, but I get so frustrated as killer that I just have to DC or risk breaking something (very mature, I know).

    But, when survivors are healing themselves on the other side of a pallet that I'm breaking and are both fully healed and have run away in that time is complete BS! If they can heal that fast, why can't I hit faster?! Secondly, the boon totems are completely OP. I am already patrolling gens, fruitlessly chasing survivors and occasionally hook. I don't have time to search for bones. Which is pointless anyway because they can just be replaced 5 seconds later!? HOW IS THAT FAIR!? Can killers replace their totems? Not that it would help because it's 4 to 1!

    They're running around me like rats, UNHARMED because I swing at the rate of a F-ing musket! They already have the speed boost after taking a hit, why can't I swing again? If a survivor is dumb enough to stay that close they deserve to get spanked not walk around scot free! I know there's a perk/killer that can help with that but I don't have that many slots and it doesn't make sense! Why are the mechanics F-ing me over specifically? Am I not supposed to be scary?

    Flashlights and the like were driving me insane before. Now I just have that immunity perk(Light born?) always equipped because the game is completely unplayable otherwise. Hence, I mostly play hillbilly, because trapper is useless against a somewhat competent team. They would bust my traps quicker than I could set them assuming they bothered and didn't just walk around them...despite being in a doorway.

    When I lose as survivor, I'm cool with it even if I'm camped or whatever because I felt it was my fault by making mistakes or whatever. But, when I'm losing as killer it's really frustrating because I can't DO anything about it and there wasn't anything I could do. I was F'd from the get go due to survivors having all the power!

    Sorry for the rant/whine but I want to know does it get better? Because right now I feel the killer's perks are required to elusively counter the survivor's perks and they got 4 times the amount so I'm never going to win.

    I mean if you're needing light born to counter flash lights then no amount of perks would help you. Just improve your skill set as a Killer.

  • That's the thing, you're new to the game, and the new player experience is dogshit because nobody explains anything to you. Flashlights, something you despise vehemontly, are actually some of the weakest items in the game (but they're the most fun to a lot of people, so that's why they're common) and can be countered with relative ease (unless you have photosensitive epilepsy in which case, I absolutely cannot blame you for being so frustrated at them). After breaking a pallet, look down and track with ears, and after a while survivor pathing will become second nature and you'll be able to follow after them quite well just by watching them play for a few seconds.

    Also, no amount of perks will ever cover for a lack of experience. Even the most boring, switch your brain off build on both sides (survivor and killer) needs some form of skill and experience to be strong, because without any of it then you'll just be wandering aimlessly and failing in chases.

    I'd watch some videos on generic tile looping- I know there's this really good one by Scott Jund somewhere- and find some other DBD content creator(s) you click with. You learn a surprisingly high amount in this game by just watching and observing.

    Asides from that, uh, this game is meant to be frustrating and it's meant to be annoying. If you have serious anger issues then definitely look into things you can be doing mid-match, or maybe you'll have to accept the game isn't for you, which is fine! Not every game is perfect for everyone.


    Except no, Circle of Healing is bullshit OP, I completely agree with you there. That perk needs several tactical nukes.

  • @Jago said:

    Embrace the NOED philosophy :

    Do BoNeS.

    This comparison would only work if the bones stayed gone and did not become a 14 second inconvenience.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    That's the thing, you're new to the game, and the new player experience is dogshit because nobody explains anything to you. Flashlights, something you despise vehemontly, are actually some of the weakest items in the game (but they're the most fun to a lot of people, so that's why they're common) and can be countered with relative ease (unless you have photosensitive epilepsy in which case, I absolutely cannot blame you for being so frustrated at them). After breaking a pallet, look down and track with ears, and after a while survivor pathing will become second nature and you'll be able to follow after them quite well just by watching them play for a few seconds.

    Also, no amount of perks will ever cover for a lack of experience. Even the most boring, switch your brain off build on both sides (survivor and killer) needs some form of skill and experience to be strong, because without any of it then you'll just be wandering aimlessly and failing in chases.

    I'd watch some videos on generic tile looping- I know there's this really good one by Scott Jund somewhere- and find some other DBD content creator(s) you click with. You learn a surprisingly high amount in this game by just watching and observing.

    Asides from that, uh, this game is meant to be frustrating and it's meant to be annoying. If you have serious anger issues then definitely look into things you can be doing mid-match, or maybe you'll have to accept the game isn't for you, which is fine! Not every game is perfect for everyone.

    Except no, Circle of Healing is bullshit OP, I completely agree with you there. That perk needs several tactical nukes.

    I have epilepsy and just normal flashlight users are not an issue, but flashlight macros are major issue.

    But survivors are not really better for me, at least some maps. Haddonfield is annoying, because you have lot of houses with Flickering lights and it is just annoying for me, I usually have to turn camera in some angle where it is least visible. I wish they would add some setting to turn that off.

  • @Dino7281 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701816#Comment_2701816

    I have epilepsy and just normal flashlight users are not an issue, but flashlight macros are major issue.

    But survivors are not really better for me, at least some maps. Haddonfield is annoying, because you have lot of houses with Flickering lights and it is just annoying for me, I usually have to turn camera in some angle where it is least visible. I wish they would add some setting to turn that off.

    Doctor, too, I've heard is an issue. They should absolutely be addressed ASAP, it's why they took out mori spamming after all, and honestly I don't know why they haven't been.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701820#Comment_2701820

    Doctor, too, I've heard is an issue. They should absolutely be addressed ASAP, it's why they took out mori spamming after all, and honestly I don't know why they haven't been.

    Yeah, I can see why Doc could be an issue.

    It's not that annoying for me, because it has long intervals, you can't do it fast, but some are more sensitive than me to it and just from dark to bright light without proper transition can be an issue for them when repeated, so it can be.

    I don't get grand mal seizure (big one) from it luckily, but I can get smaller ones when it is over longer duration and it is just really annoying for me overall.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    That's the thing, you're new to the game, and the new player experience is dogshit because nobody explains anything to you. Flashlights, something you despise vehemontly, are actually some of the weakest items in the game (but they're the most fun to a lot of people, so that's why they're common) and can be countered with relative ease (unless you have photosensitive epilepsy in which case, I absolutely cannot blame you for being so frustrated at them). After breaking a pallet, look down and track with ears, and after a while survivor pathing will become second nature and you'll be able to follow after them quite well just by watching them play for a few seconds.

    Also, no amount of perks will ever cover for a lack of experience. Even the most boring, switch your brain off build on both sides (survivor and killer) needs some form of skill and experience to be strong, because without any of it then you'll just be wandering aimlessly and failing in chases.

    I'd watch some videos on generic tile looping- I know there's this really good one by Scott Jund somewhere- and find some other DBD content creator(s) you click with. You learn a surprisingly high amount in this game by just watching and observing.

    Asides from that, uh, this game is meant to be frustrating and it's meant to be annoying. If you have serious anger issues then definitely look into things you can be doing mid-match, or maybe you'll have to accept the game isn't for you, which is fine! Not every game is perfect for everyone.

    Except no, Circle of Healing is bullshit OP, I completely agree with you there. That perk needs several tactical nukes.

    As you said it, new player experience is dogshit, because you can only try stuff out in the heat of battle. While this is a strong teacher, its also an uncompromissing and overtly harsh one, would it have hurt to give the killer, I dont know, an option to go into his shack from the loadout menu, where he can just use his power a bit without the stress of a real trial?

    Or a communication wheel, like most online games employed 10ys ago? Just some basic QoL things that should be plug and play to implement, because they are just the bread and butter solutions of modern gaming and could practically be found in any code archive?

  • I'm sorry to say but your experience won't change even after one or two thousand hours. Survivors dictate the flow of the game, they're the ones representing the power role in this game and the killer is only there to offer entertainment or, at worst, to mildly discomfort them. Anyone who initially bought this game expected to encounter some horror elements, instead they were greeted with a Scooby Doo simulator.

  • when survivors are healing themselves on the other side of a pallet that I'm breaking and are both fully healed and have run away in that time is complete BS!

    Is that even a thing? It takes 2 seconds to break a pallet and 16 seconds base to heal. Even assuming two people healing near a boon with a rare medkit is it even possible to get a 2 second heal?

  • No need to feel it, it is lol

  • My advise......play to have fun and not get Kills all the time.....I started playing just to have fun.....get into chases that dont amount to anything, playing with the survivors, letting them pallet slam me by bending my head into the pallet, .....etc. After doing that my games have become 1000x less stressful and more fun......also......I'm out of the NIGHTMARE MMR zone.....*holy music plays in the background*.....that zone is not fun for ANYONE but toxic survivors......NEVER enter that zone unless you want your BP (Blood Pressure) to go up.

  • @dugman said:

    when survivors are healing themselves on the other side of a pallet that I'm breaking and are both fully healed and have run away in that time is complete BS!

    Is that even a thing? It takes 2 seconds to break a pallet and 16 seconds base to heal. Even assuming two people healing near a boon with a rare medkit is it even possible to get a 2 second heal?

    Shrug* Like I said new player but the other 3 were healing them within a totem boon AOE so you tell me?

  • Ok, maybe you should put more practice into it to get better? No one is good at the game when they're new.

  • It used to be the other way around: Killer was easy on low ranks and survivor was easy on high ranks.

    Now it looks like survivor is easy on all ranks, while killers struggle.

    In regard of your question, if it gets better. No it won´t get better. Don´t believe the BS statements that you just need more experience. Because the timelapse of a killer is like this:

    < 100 hours = you think that you just need to learn the basics and you´ll improve.

    100 - 300 hours = you get occational good games but still get told after a match, that you need to improve.

    300 - 700 hours = you started watching streamers and copy meta builds. Had success with one of those build but you start to get matched with better survivors that also use meta builds and are on coms.

    700 -1000 hours = every game is sweatier than the previous one. You can´t play without meta builds or you will lose all gens in less than 4 minutes and even with them, the average time for survivors to complete all gens is around 5 minutes.

    > 1000 hours = you realize its not you, but how the game is balanced around the low rank solo survivor experience. At this point you either switch to survivor, because compared to killer its a walk in the park during a sunny day. Or you start playing something else like Civ.

  • I dont understand why people rant about games that they just started playing. Like: learn to play the game, and search for information if youre dazzled. Like everything you complain about is totaly trivial.

    1. The possibility that a survivors fully heals himself and runs away while a killer is breaking a pallet is 0. Its just impossible. You can heal very quickly by stacking every perk possible, but not like you told.
    2. Boons aren quite good, but not OP. Also you can hear them quite far away and pinpoint their location quite easily, as long as youre not a total newbie, like you are. And it doesnt take much time to snuff them out. Also it takes 16s to bless them again. Which is much time theyre not doing a gen.
    3. Just think about it how easy you could down survivors if you wpuldnt have that little cooldown on hits. Try and take alook at killers using save the best for last. Thats would be unfair as basekit. Also if they stay around you after a hit that just in your favor, cause they lose valuable distance.
    4. Flashlights. The most easy thing to dodge as killer, if youre not a total newbie like you.It just shows youre a newbie if you use lightborn. Cause its a newbie perk. Flashlights even works in your favor, cause they dont do a gen and you can just bait them and smack them for free.
    5. If you think trapper is useless, thats again a sign of being a newbie. Even though hes lower tier, hes really good if you can strategize quite well. Also at yopur potential playtime you wont get much competent teams due to your low MMR.
    6. If you cant take it to lose as killer while you have no issues as survivor despite any circumstances its a total YOU issue. As killer its completely your fault if you lose (even though we first would have to talk of what is a win as killer for you). Cause you know: Killer is the powerrole, not survivors. Not at all.

    summary: Learn the basics before ranting instantly after starting a game.

  • @Noober89124 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701875#Comment_2701875

    Shrug* Like I said new player but the other 3 were healing them within a totem boon AOE so you tell me?

    So was it three people healing one person from across a pallet? The entire team was there?

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2701940#Comment_2701940

    So was it three people healing one person from across a pallet? The entire team was there?

    Yeah, they were in the killer shack. I think 2 booked it out the door opposite (should have gone for them). I heard someone vault the window to the right, which was against the edge of the map, so I tried going for them. Fruitlessly, then I got a notification that a gen was at 70% on the other side of the map. I gave up the chase and chainsawed over to that.

    If it's impossible than it's far more likely I'm missing something.

  • @Noober89124 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2702053#Comment_2702053

    Yeah, they were in the killer shack. I think 2 booked it out the door opposite (should have gone for them). I heard someone vault the window to the right, which was against the edge of the map, so I tried going for them. Fruitlessly, then I got a notification that a gen was at 70% on the other side of the map. I gave up the chase and chainsawed over to that.

    If it's impossible than it's far more likely I'm missing something.

    Only 2 people can heal a survivor, not all 3 at the same time.