Nemesis proposed changes to Buff him.
Nemesis in his current state is very much a worse Pyramid head. I'd say the only thing Nemesis has on Pyramid head is having zombies on an indoor map where they can block doors/hallways. He's not unplayably bad but he's not good either with being an M1 killer who has to hit a survivor 3 times to down with his power and then there are vaccines further making keeping people 2 hit after infection even harder.
My proposed change:
Currently being infected does nothing but make you cough. So my change is leave infection as a 3 hit, but if you don't get a vaccine in X amount of seconds you become injured. This will add more urgency to wanting to cure yourself when you got hit by a single tentacle but aren't yet injured.
You could just make tentacle a 2 hit as a buff but if it remains a 3 hit to wound infection should do something else.
Maybe if you get all 4 survivors infected you gain a 3rd zombie?
Comments
I'd prefer they completely overhaul his zombies, rather than buff his basekit ability.
This may be a hot take, but at the moment he is one of the strongest camping killers in the game.
Slap Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/NOED & Zombie Speed Add-ons on him, and you can 4k a third of your games by face camping & tunneling. While the 1st survivor you down is dying on first hook, the rest of the survivors are wasting time looking for hex totems or trying to kite zombies away from their gen so they can get it done.
By the time the first survivor dies, 2 gens will be complete at most and its easy to win the 3v1--especially if you've reached Tier 2.
The only way you don't 4k is if multiple survivors bring flashlights, survivors spawn on both hex totems, or you throw the game in the first chase.
I can't think of many games where my ruin isn't killed in the first minute of less tbh. I am not a fan of running ruin/undying anymore, I've had too many games where I lose both so quickly that I pretty much play with 2 perks.
As for Nemesis being the best face camper I can't agree as he has no insta down. If you have borrowed time and DS it's pretty easy to get that person off a hook.
I do love zombie speed addons with discordance though, keeps gens from being pumped out sometimes.
His camping strength comes from the fact that his zombies are pressuring gens while he stands next to hook and does absolutely nothing.
I have the same experience with Ruin tho. I don't run Ruin/Undying because both totems often break before I even take a health state from a survivor. Every time I go up against Ruin, however, I either waste 2-3 minutes finding 4 dull totems or I don't bother looking for totems and Ruin carries the killer to a 4k.
Wish I had the same luck most of the killers I face have, when it comes to hex perks.
Ain't that just the beauty of hexes.
Running them? Survivors literally spawn within line of sight of them.
Against them? Welcome to RPD. Also, your teammates are staring at walls and the killer's a cracked Nurse. ######### you.
Someone suggested that what if you have new extra ability that when you activate, you scream on the map (like Hillbilly or something) and your zombies would start going to you faster than usual speed (like to create pressure in chase or patrol this area). It would have cooldown of course.
But if you want to just simply buff him I suggest: remove or reduce in half the speed Survivors get after being infected and make AI of zombies (their path finding at least) much better.
The one saving grace to zombies is if you have the movement speed addons you can use perks like discordance, Tinkerer and Scourage Resonance to tell them where to go at a decent speed. I do however agree their AI needs looked at because I'm pretty sure the Devs purposely dumbed them down since their PTB release... I feel they use to be better.
But yeah that's also a direction to go for a buff to Nemesis, just lowering the movement speed you get for infection or removing it... You already get slowed when using tentacle anyway so they still will get a tiny bit of distance.
Still think it would be neat to give infection a purpose other than making people cough and adding a condition where if you get all 4 survivors infected you get a 3rd zombie sounds fun.
I personally think nemesis is very unfun to go against and boring. His T2/T3 whip lingers a hitbox that’s grossly unnecessary. His zombies zone good survivors that know how to loop in only to a demise of unhealthy unsatisfying gameplay. Another boring killer where if you vault as a survivor you die and if you don’t vault you still die..
Please don’t buff this killer..
You just fake the window, don't mindlessly vault and drop pallets.
The downsides from the T-Virus are way too small. In lore, the T-Virus affects the brain and motor functions, turning them into mindless zombies. Getting infected should make doing objectives harder and slower
If they become injured by being infected, then Nemmy becomes a less ranged Plague. A better condition would be if the hindered penalty didnt last for the duration of a sneeze, and an addon that increases it by 0.2?? Make it so that the survivor is permanently hindered until they vaccinate, that way the 3 Health State problem becomes a trade off instead.
If they improved zombie tracking and speed I’d be more interested in playing him. The whip is kind of meh other than maybe for breaking pallets, and honestly if I were looking for a pallet breaking killer Bubba and even Wraith are more fun to play.
Exactly, why does being infected do literally nothing?? He has to hit you 3 times for basically no reason other than to make you cough lol
I like the whip but I agree it's very lack luster simply because being infected does literally nothing. It's literally just for hits you wouldn't get with an M1 and for breaking pallets.
I find it funny how long it takes to get tier 3 on Nemesis, yet it's really not a huge difference either. The only real upgrade you care about is tier 2 so you can start breaking pallets faster.
He's a killer that goes from very weak (tier 1) to decent/mediocre at tier 2-3. For someone that has to work to get his power the payoff isn't very much especially with the 3 hit infection.
I think nemesis is underrated. High B tier when his zombies are working properly. People seem to think you should be able to hit with the tentacle no matter what, but really it's used to get hits you otherwise would not. There's a valuation there between m1 and tentacle that folks are unwilling to engage with.
I've been playing Nemesis a lot recently and I can say that he really doesn't need a buff the guy is fine as he is it's mainly the zombies that are pretty problematic cause sometimes they just stand and look at a wall and do nothing.
In no way am I saying he's bad, just that he could be so much better without making him broken.
In his current state he is very much a crappy pyramid head though and could use some love.
The main thing is to make infection actually mean something so people want to vaccinate because who cares about a cough? Why does the T Virus only make you cough???
I play Nemesis a lot since they murdered my main Deathslinger, he's pretty much my main, he's definitely better than Deathslinger and I'm having a lot of fun with him.
That being said, I wouldn't say he doesn't need a buff. Again a good comparison to him is Pyramid Head who is pretty much just a much better version of him (someone else I play a lot).
It also just seems so strange to me that being infected by the T Virus does literally nothing but make you cough, don't you feel like it should do literally anything if you don't vaccinate? Just give you X seconds to vaccinate or you take damage would make a big difference
I find it funny how so many people use Save the Best for Last on him saying you basically play him like an M1 killer because his M2 is honestly just so weak till you tier it up and get them infected first, meanwhile the infection doesn't do anything so it feels extremely bad hitting them and infecting them giving them a speed bonus for literally nothing on your end.
Best thing to do with Nemesis is to just infected as many people as possible at the start so you can tier it up quickly infected one guy than go find another Lethal helps a lot for that than once tier 2 it's nice for breaking doors and pallets and extended range for the attack
Yes, but as Pyramid Head you don't have to do that, you are just instantly have that strength except better since yours go through walls and I don't know if you know this but you can crouch at windows and not be hit by the tentacle.
Again I'm not saying he's bad but look at all the steps you have to take just to be relevant. He shouldn't be so weak early and then mediocre later after tiering up...makes no sense. What is he working for? It's not like his power is super strong, it's good but not insane.
I just want infection to mean something.
I do know the crouching gimmick with his whip yes and I can understand the infections could use something maybe but, unless making it another plague kind of power than I don't know what else you could other than 2 hit idea you had.
Even if it was something as small but interesting as getting a 3rd zombie if you get all 4 infected that would be something.
I dunno, I'll take anything other than a mild cough lol
How about this if you get sacrificed while infected that survivor becomes a new zombie
Please no, not a new forever freddy... we don't need it.
If you want to make his chase potential better... i think that the vaccines put an unnecessary toll on him.
As someone who plays a ton of Nemesis, I dont think he needs Buffs. The only things I would change:
The infection is alright. It is just not the best idea to infect people and then leave them, because you dont injure them (and it should not be a 2-hit. The Devs tried it and decided against it). Getting injured over time is not really good when you think about the fact that there are only 4 vaccines on the Map (which can even be lowered when using Add Ons). So at some point, an infected Survivor is basically not able to heal anymore, because they get injured over time anyway. And then it is questionable why even heal in the first place? This is bad for the Survivor because they get less BPs because of less Altruism and they are constantly injured. And also bad for the Killer, since healing is one thing to keep them off Gens.
Third Zombie is also not a good idea. The Zombies are pretty boring and they only exist because it is a Resident Evil-Chapter. If it would not be under this license, Nemesis would not have Zombies. And they are already annoying to face as Survivor, simply because they interrupt so many times. As Killer you might feel like the first thing they do is hugging a rock for the next minute (and they do this often enough), but getting tracked from a Zombie which is miles away to leave the Gen is also annoying.
AND a third Zombie might cause problems to performance, which is one of the reason why there are only two Zombies.
This is a bad idea. The Devs removed the big Slowdown from Freddy and they are not really into Killer Powers which provide Slowdown, so it is unlikely that they will ever to something like that again.
And even if you dont slow down the time to do Objectives by that much, it would still be free Slowdown. And Nemesis already gets two Zombies for free. But free Slowdown would also mean that they might look at some Slowdown-Perks like PGTW, Ruin or other Perks. Because those + Nemesis Base Slowdown might become too much.
So I would rather not have them tinker with Base Slowdown on any Killer.
I wasn't proposing pure slowdown, I worded it poorly. Giving him base kit slowdown combined with Zombies wouldn't be a good idea. That'd only work if they removed his Zombies, which personally I'm all for if they were to give him a more unique Power