Snowman is a free health state for survivors?

Did I get this right? We're in a chase and they jump into the snowman and I hit them and they break free and I go on hit cooldown.

Seriously?

Comments

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688385#Comment_2688385

    "(Granted, there is some merit to being annoyed at survivors who are being sweaty with the snowmen, but even then, if you take a step back and stop going for the kills it can be some silly amusement.)"

    That feels like a double standard to me. Why should only one side have to consider stepping back and not taking things seriously because the other side is attempting to weaponize a holiday gimmick?

    They shouldn't. The survivors who are being sweaty with the snowmen also deserve the same advice: lighten up and goof off, stop taking this so seriously.

    It's just that even if they don't, you can still follow that advice and approach this event with the goal of being playful with the snowmen, and if you don't, then the survivors can't follow suit.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688391#Comment_2688391

    You have no idea how sorely tempted I was just to respond to this with "Yes." because, like. Yeah.

    Anyway, people can absolutely play how they want, I just think it's ridiculous to complain about how ill-suited the goofy casual holiday event is for competitive play. Like, yeah, of course it is, you're actively choosing not to approach this as the harmless lighthearted fun that it is, of course it's not going to hold up well.

    That's the problem, the event only focuses on the casual side of things, like most things in this game. I can't approach this as a harmless lighthearted fun since it's not what I've been experiencing. In all of the games I've had with the snowmen, they weren't used to be funny, they were used to grant immunity and extend chases to waste my time as much as possible, granting more Gen progress.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688400#Comment_2688400

    They shouldn't. The survivors who are being sweaty with the snowmen also deserve the same advice: lighten up and goof off, stop taking this so seriously.

    It's just that even if they don't, you can still follow that advice and approach this event with the goal of being playful with the snowmen, and if you don't, then the survivors can't follow suit.

    You say they shouldn't, but who's gonna stop them? Santa?

    If both sides ignore that advice, do both sides end up feeling frustrated?

  • @Shroompy said:

    weewoo weewoo fun police

    Why so serious? Take these 2 weeks as a way to relax! Grind some BP! Enjoy yourself!

    That's not what the four survivors on the other side seem to want, going off my matches today.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688385#Comment_2688385

    "(Granted, there is some merit to being annoyed at survivors who are being sweaty with the snowmen, but even then, if you take a step back and stop going for the kills it can be some silly amusement.)"

    That feels like a double standard to me. Why should only one side have to consider stepping back and not taking things seriously because the other side is attempting to weaponize a holiday gimmick?

    Bingo!

    I couldn't have put it better myself.

    Imagine if the situation was reversed, and they gave the killer a speed boost for popping or gave survivors Exposed or something.

    I think that the same 'lul dont take it so srs just a game brah' types would have a very different opinion.

    @Rivyn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688185#Comment_2688185

    That's not what the four survivors on the other side seem to want, going off my matches today.

    Me neither. Same sweat, same BM at the exit gates - only now they get a pseudo-endurance state for free.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688356#Comment_2688356

    I think the 2k thing is an increasing tendency among killers to 'manage' their MMR.

    I'll play some more matches out, but I'm already seeing more people using the snowmen for a pretty significant advantage moreso than 'having fun'.

    Until today I haven't seen it, if it was a 2k it wasn't because the killer let it be one.

    My only advice is just don't take it so seriously. Meme around and have fun. I mean if you just goof off with survivors for the event you could just end up dropping killer mmr and get less sweaty matches that way.

  • It's a survivor buff because the devs are seeing how fast they can kill the game. Only guess I can give. I wonder where we'll be by end of December. Already at a 30% drop in steam users since August.

  • Yeah, kind of like how it was super "fun" during the Halloween event where the special gen that granted extra points for survivors was highlighted orange for the killer.

    Cry me a river. Take a chill pill.

  • You aren't doing anything but lashing at anyone who thinks different than you. Prove me wrong I guess. People have tried to maybe give you a different perspective but you aren't having it.

    "Waah, I don't like this. It's not fair." /thread

    We get it.

  • @Thunderfrog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688492#Comment_2688492

    You aren't doing anything but lashing at anyone who thinks different than you. Prove me wrong I guess. People have tried to maybe give you a different perspective but you aren't having it.

    "Waah, I don't like this. It's not fair." /thread

    We get it.

    You did the very thing you accused me of. And you lashed out at me with insults.

    I cant take you seriously, sorry. Not going to discuss with someone who flat out insulted me in my face.

    Anyway as i said earlier. This event should be fun for everyone, there is nothing wrong with wanting that.

    That said i will no longer respond or engage with you in any way. Have a nice day.

  • Be mad then. I'm done with you too.

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687940#Comment_2687940

    Good lord, you are taking this far too seriously. The absolute worst case scenario here is that the game is very slightly more annoying until the end of this very limited event, so if that's really insurmountable to you, just take a break until it's over.

    So you're right, I don't get it. Seeing survivors hop into snowmen and start moving at a snail's pace is funny, and since they don't get a speed boost it's not a free hit, it's a much more minor extension than that.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687933#Comment_2687933

    Stop taking it so seriously. I can't fathom being mad at the jokey holiday event because you take the game so seriously that any even slight advantage the survivors can get from it is unacceptable.

    If you're not gonna tolerate it, don't tolerate, go play something else until the event's over. This isn't legitimate criticism, it's being hyper-touchy to even perceived slights.

    Aren't you kind of taking this post too seriously? "If you don't like it, don't play". If you don't like reading opinions, don't.

  • @Shroompy said:

    weewoo weewoo fun police

    Why so serious? Take these 2 weeks as a way to relax! Grind some BP! Enjoy yourself!

    Seriously though, how often is it we get fun events like this?

  • @BubbaDredge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2687966#Comment_2687966

    Aren't you kind of taking this post too seriously? "If you don't like it, don't play". If you don't like reading opinions, don't.

    Fair point. Still, that's kind of what the forum is for, no? Discussing opinions and such.

    I did actually duck out of this until I was pinged again tho to be fair

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688570#Comment_2688570

    Fair point. Still, that's kind of what the forum is for, no? Discussing opinions and such.

    I did actually duck out of this until I was pinged again tho to be fair

    Yeah, you're right. We're all guilty of sometimes taking this game too seriously, both on and off the court.

  • @Nathan13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688185#Comment_2688185

    Seriously though, how often is it we get fun events like this?

    But it's only fun for one side.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688038#Comment_2688038

    I'm not seeing anyone playing less sweatily or being less BM when they win.

    It's quite frustrating when you don't get that one really important down because someone popped into a snowman, resulting in you getting a 0k.

    I think people are just tense because this is another event gimmick that offers benefits to only one side.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688187#Comment_2688187

    Sure. But at the end of the day, this isn't Minecraft.

    This is an APvP game with a winner and a loser, and giving survivors yet another defensive tool as an event gimmick without, say, also giving killers something - yeah, people are going to be annoyed.

    The pumpkins, for example were well done. Both killers and survivors could benefit from the RNG speed boost.

    Yes I agree killer players should of had something as well, but it's a 2 week event it's not staying I haven't played yet if turns out to be no fun for me then I'll play something else for the next 2 weeks. It's that simple either you'll have fun or not if your not having fun just play something else.

  • OK, OK.

    The developers are really stupid and haven't played the game on the killer side for more than a few months now.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688198#Comment_2688198

    You must be real fun at parties huh?

    Who ######### cares if it makes them insta downed! this is a game! Its meant for fun!

    And now is a time to celebrate the holidays! So just relax!

    " this is a game! Its meant for fun!" that's the point, this game isn't fun at all, especially for killers.

  • For people who are struggling with this. The survivor always jumps out in front.

    If you hit the snowman in the face so the survivor jumps out in towards you you can greatly reduce the distance they can make.

    The difference is pretty bi

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    For people who are struggling with this. The survivor always jumps out in front.

    If you hit the snowman in the face so the survivor jumps out in towards you you can greatly reduce the distance they can make.

    The difference is pretty bi

    Is it possible for Survivors to just turn around and not face you?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689820#Comment_2689820

    Is it possible for Survivors to just turn around and not face you?

    They don't turn instantly. I haven't had a issue with hitting the snowmen in the face.

    I ofcourse don't know if the survivor were actively trying do hide their face so i'm not 100% sure.

    It isn't a perfect solution but it does make quite a difference if you play killers whos power can't pop the snowman

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689824#Comment_2689824

    They don't turn instantly. I haven't had a issue with hitting the snowmen in the face.

    I ofcourse don't know if the survivor were actively trying do hide their face so i'm not 100% sure.

    It isn't a perfect solution but it does make quite a difference if you play killers whos power can't pop the snowman

    The advice is appreciated, but if they can turn reliably enough, it's not really a solution, is it?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689834#Comment_2689834

    The advice is appreciated, but if they can turn reliably enough, it's not really a solution, is it?

    It doesn't need to perfect in the face. As long as it's 180 degrees in the front they don't gain distance.

    Just anything then hitting them in the back.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689839#Comment_2689839

    It doesn't need to perfect in the face. As long as it's 180 degrees in the front they don't gain distance.

    Just anything then hitting them in the back.

    Right, but they still just need to be able to not be facing you to gain distance.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689859#Comment_2689859

    Right, but they still just need to be able to not be facing you to gain distance.

    They don't turn that fast. You can run around them faster then they can turn.

    Also i'm pretty sure most survivors don't even realise the difference it makes. I haven't come across a lot of survivors trying to use the snowman purely for the extra health state but the ones who did certainly weren't hard to hit in the face.

    Haven't tried it yet but in theory having stbfl and doing this will really hamper snowmen

  • @Stryker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2688229#Comment_2688229

    " this is a game! Its meant for fun!" that's the point, this game isn't fun at all, especially for killers.

    I main killer bud, sure there are frustrating moments but thats probably once or twice a week.

    Stop treating the game like its a god damn tourney, hell the most frustrated I've been in a while was a few days ago and that was in a scrim, since I was tired and I knew I wasn't playing to the best of my abilities. I was playing Survivor tho

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689866#Comment_2689866

    They don't turn that fast. You can run around them faster then they can turn.

    Also i'm pretty sure most survivors don't even realise the difference it makes. I haven't come across a lot of survivors trying to use the snowman purely for the extra health state but the ones who did certainly weren't hard to hit in the face.

    Haven't tried it yet but in theory having stbfl and doing this will really hamper snowmen

    Is it that they can't turn fast or they can't walk fast? Like, how long does it take for a Survivor to flip around if they immediately move their character to face the opposite direction?

    Also, the fact that people haven't caught on doesn't count for much IMO.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2689908#Comment_2689908

    Is it that they can't turn fast or they can't walk fast? Like, how long does it take for a Survivor to flip around if they immediately move their character to face the opposite direction?

    Also, the fact that people haven't caught on doesn't count for much IMO.

    Best to just try it i think.

    To my knowledge it's not fast enough to prevent the killer from circling to the front and hitting you there

1 2 3 ›