Do people actually have a problem with Exponential?

I had a match against a streamer last night and after the match all he did was complain about me and my build (he didn't hit me once so not a single one of my perks got used btw).

He did also complain about my teammates boons as well (which I understand as CoH isn't exactly the most balanced perk in the game). However he really only had a bone to pick with me despite me only running Iron Will, Soul Guard, Exponential, and Unbreakable. I just wanted to know whether or not this person was just an outlier or if people genuinely do think that Exponential is OP


Bonus: this streamer also said that all I did was hide all match and leave my teammates to die when I literally got 8k more points than any of my teammates.

20211208_135128.jpg


Comments

  • @RakimSockem said:

    Correct me if I'm but when you're in the Boon radius, doesn't an icon pop up on your screen to tell you what the boon is?

    And if that's the case, why is everyone saying this perk is somehow OP in a SWF when literally anyone can walk in the boon radius and figure out what it is for themselves?

    You dont know what it is at a distance.

    @ThiccBudhha said:

    Shadow Step is the only boon that is actually a threat if you ask me. Circle of Healing is overrated by killers who play by the survivor rulebook. It is cute that they whine about healing speeds as though a tunnel victim has time to get healed. Cringe.

    This human knows what's up

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    I actually only had this perk activate once and it was on the one drop down pallet on the game and it was funny being slam dunked into the hole

    it's a boon so yes it is a problem

    naw im kidding but that's the mindset of my comrades on the killer end

  • But you wouldn't need to know what it is at a distance. No one intentionally runs into a boon area when they're about to get downed even in a SWF. And even if you were a solo and you got downed near the boon, it would tell you what it is and if the killer leaves you there instead of picking you up because they want to be a Slugging Sandy, that's on them.

  • @RakimSockem said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2748796#Comment_2748796

    But you wouldn't need to know what it is at a distance. No one intentionally runs into a boon area when they're about to get downed even in a SWF. And even if you were a solo and you got downed near the boon, it would tell you what it is and if the killer leaves you there instead of picking you up because they want to be a Slugging Sandy, that's on them.

    If I'm injured and I'm not sure where teammates are, it's worth the risk to go to the boon and self heal. But if I knew in advance it was just worthless Exponential I'd just stay on gens and not even waste my time.

  • If you get slugged near an Exponential boon totem, the killer is going to know it. This one is so bad. The killer hears the loud Boon chimes so he won't ever slug without snuffing the totem. If boon totems could only be heard by survivor ears only, it might have some value.

    It needs a buff. Unbreakable is way better even though it is only 1 time.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    If you get slugged near an Exponential boon totem, the killer is going to know it. This one is so bad. The killer hears the loud Boon chimes so he won't ever slug without snuffing the totem. If boon totems could only be heard by survivor ears only, it might have some value.

    It needs a buff. Unbreakable is way better even though it is only 1 time.

    I just snuff the totem anyway lol

  • Dear OP,

    Yes, yes they do.

    Sincerely,

    A Twins Main

1 2 ›