What's the point in pinhead?

So his antiloop is questionable in strength, like sure you can hit it through walls but the actual antiloop is pretty bad considering they just break within no time what so ever especially considering environmental objects insta break instead of breaking faster.

His power takes more skill than most antiloop powers from clowns bottles to freddy snares yet it's not even stronger. Getting consecutive hits can be hard especially on aware and good survivors (this is if they bother to even dodge as his antiloop isnt all that).

His chain hunt takes awhile to start, and can be stopped insanely quickly. This can be done by 1 person grabbing the box which stops the hunt for everyone else and only takes a short time to solve the box.

Now his addons which could somewhat improve his games from solve time to chain hunt activation speed got mega nerfed to the point of them being garbage.

Is there any reason to actually play this killer now? Higher skill cap than quite a few killers in terms of hitting people yet isnt rewarded for it. For comparison Clown seems to be better, more consistent and just easier....

Comments

  • It's another way to not buff weaker killers and throw in some new ones because of profit!

  • When I want to play him, I play him for fun.

    If I would care about winning my games even with the best perks and decent addons I would not feel like "This is the killer to win" unless you put a lot of hours into him which is probably not worth it for how powerfull are other Killers.

  • His chains are 100% better than Freddy’s snares but his main strength is the cube but that’s pretty rng based

  • @Chocolate_Cosmos said:

    When I want to play him, I play him for fun.

    If I would care about winning my games even with the best perks and decent addons I would not feel like "This is the killer to win" unless you put a lot of hours into him which is probably not worth it for how powerfull are other Killers.

    I cant have fun with him at the level I'm at anymore hes too high skill for his actual power, mainly due to all the addon box nerfs which make it so hard to keep the hunts active

    @Phasmamain said:

    His chains are 100% better than Freddy’s snares but his main strength is the cube but that’s pretty rng based

    Maybe just as you dont need to setup but it's far harder to use the chains and yeah getting chain hunt to activate is so hard at the higher level and like you said that's the main strength

  • I..don't know.

    Everything about Pinhead is a great mystery to me.

    I left the game prior to his release, and on the two separate occasions where I came back for one or two trials with friends I didn't get to see him.

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    So his antiloop is questionable in strength, like sure you can hit it through walls but the actual antiloop is pretty bad considering they just break within no time what so ever especially considering environmental objects insta break instead of breaking faster.

    His power takes more skill than most antiloop powers from clowns bottles to freddy snares yet it's not even stronger. Getting consecutive hits can be hard especially on aware and good survivors (this is if they bother to even dodge as his antiloop isnt all that).

    His chain hunt takes awhile to start, and can be stopped insanely quickly. This can be done by 1 person grabbing the box which stops the hunt for everyone else and only takes a short time to solve the box.

    Now his addons which could somewhat improve his games from solve time to chain hunt activation speed got mega nerfed to the point of them being garbage.

    Is there any reason to actually play this killer now? Higher skill cap than quite a few killers in terms of hitting people yet isnt rewarded for it. For comparison Clown seems to be better, more consistent and just easier....

    It's all about the chains, baby!


    I use Pinhead quite often and win quite often. (Mind you, I probably have quite the low MMR.) As far as his box goes, as soon as a survivor picks it up, he can teleport to it and get that survivor. Plus, if he finds the box, he can not only start the chain hunt instantly, but also see the auras of the survivors for a few seconds. I don't like what they did with his chain whip (maybe that's just me, but it seems "softened"), and I hardly use add-ons as I'm really bad at using his special. (I'm just not quick enough with the aim and fire)

  • @GeneralV said:

    I..don't know.

    Everything about Pinhead is a great mystery to me.

    I left the game prior to his release, and on the two separate occasions where I came back for one or two trials with friends I didn't get to see him.

    Honestly I loved playing him before, he was a killer I always wanted since I first played DBD lol.

    But yeah I hardly ever see him when playing survivor, I did see a few the day before the nerf using his iris before they became useless lol. They still didnt do that well, hes a rough killer for not much reward tbh so I guess that's why. Chains are difficult on controller too 😂

  • @EntitySpawn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2681269#Comment_2681269

    Honestly I loved playing him before, he was a killer I always wanted since I first played DBD lol.

    But yeah I hardly ever see him when playing survivor, I did see a few the day before the nerf using his iris before they became useless lol. They still didnt do that well, hes a rough killer for not much reward tbh so I guess that's why. Chains are difficult on controller too 😂

    I am sure if I kept playing in the same way I played during the good ole days then I would get to see plenty of him eventually.

    But I really don't want to do that.

  • @GeneralV said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2681282#Comment_2681282

    I am sure if I kept playing in the same way I played during the good ole days then I would get to see plenty of him eventually.

    But I really don't want to do that.

    Oh no trust me I played relentlessly on his release and you barely see him, I'm honestly not sure what lvl mmr would see him tbh. Hes rare like billy lol

    @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/298515/whats-the-point-in-pinhead

    It's all about the chains, baby!

    I use Pinhead quite often and win quite often. (Mind you, I probably have quite the low MMR.) As far as his box goes, as soon as a survivor picks it up, he can teleport to it and get that survivor. Plus, if he finds the box, he can not only start the chain hunt instantly, but also see the auras of the survivors for a few seconds. I don't like what they did with his chain whip (maybe that's just me, but it seems "softened"), and I hardly use add-ons as I'm really bad at using his special. (I'm just not quick enough with the aim and fire)

    Ah well I'm quite high in mmr, I'm also a pretty damn good shot too (or I was when I played him alot) could always curve round corners, over rocks etc. Lol.

    I'm glad you're having fun with him though, just a shame I'm not able to anymore. But I hardly ever teleprted to the box I always shot chains at a distance to interrupt them and then get the box from them with Franklin's.

    He really was my main for awhile, sad to see him go down in potential tbh

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/298515/whats-the-point-in-pinhead

    It's all about the chains, baby!

    I use Pinhead quite often and win quite often. (Mind you, I probably have quite the low MMR.) As far as his box goes, as soon as a survivor picks it up, he can teleport to it and get that survivor. Plus, if he finds the box, he can not only start the chain hunt instantly, but also see the auras of the survivors for a few seconds. I don't like what they did with his chain whip (maybe that's just me, but it seems "softened"), and I hardly use add-ons as I'm really bad at using his special. (I'm just not quick enough with the aim and fire)

    Teleporting with Pinhead is actually one of the worst things you can possibly do with him. It ends the Chain Hunt for another two minutes (unless you can find the box spawn). You start off at least 10m away from a Survivor, and by the time you teleport they've broken the chains (so that's a normal chase at best). Most decent Survivors realise to just get into a jungle gym or something now and you'll end up teleporting to them facing a wall, so you won't even have LOS and you're asking to be looped.

    His only advantage is the chain hunts but they nerfed the ability to maintain those because people were just bad at dealing with it if he was actually in a viable position to keep them going--i.e., half his perks and both addons devoted to having mapwide pressure. Guess they'd rather have pressure via gen slowdown etc. and the usual perk offenders.

    Most of his addons are completely pointless. Extra range is between useless (takes too long to get portal out of standard range) to harmful (misses are extra bad). Reduced CD or turning speed don't do anything. Greasy Lens is somewhat helpful with Engineer's Fang (still good, but it's one-hit-now-be-M1 killer), and so's the deep wound one. Impaling Wire does nothing against Survivors who just know to dodge the followups. Chatterer's Tooth + Iridescent Box can be fun for a stealth killer/info combo though (and forcing people to come for the box at more predictable times, or waste time searching).

    His M2's tendency to screw itself over by chain spawn and Pinhead breaking it and addons in general need another pass.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2681280#Comment_2681280

    Teleporting with Pinhead is actually one of the worst things you can possibly do with him. It ends the Chain Hunt for another two minutes (unless you can find the box spawn). You start off at least 10m away from a Survivor, and by the time you teleport they've broken the chains (so that's a normal chase at best). Most decent Survivors realise to just get into a jungle gym or something now and you'll end up teleporting to them facing a wall, so you won't even have LOS and you're asking to be looped.

    His only advantage is the chain hunts but they nerfed the ability to maintain those because people were just bad at dealing with it if he was actually in a viable position to keep them going--i.e., half his perks and both addons devoted to having mapwide pressure. Guess they'd rather have pressure via gen slowdown etc. and the usual perk offenders.

    Most of his addons are completely pointless. Extra range is between useless (takes too long to get portal out of standard range) to harmful (misses are extra bad). Reduced CD or turning speed don't do anything. Greasy Lens is somewhat helpful with Engineer's Fang (still good, but it's one-hit-now-be-M1 killer), and so's the deep wound one. Impaling Wire does nothing against Survivors who just know to dodge the followups. Chatterer's Tooth + Iridescent Box can be fun for a stealth killer/info combo though (and forcing people to come for the box at more predictable times, or waste time searching).

    His M2's tendency to screw itself over by chain spawn and Pinhead breaking it and addons in general need another pass.

    Hm...guess I'd rather find a survivor then not find a survivor though.

  • Nothing anymore. They just really wanted him in game just to say he was in game.

  • I used chatterers tooth for a few games to see where spawn points for the box are from the start, and when it spawns again, first three games after that I found the box within 30 seconds of starting the match, and those games went really well for me.

  • @Pizzasauce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2681341#Comment_2681341

    Hm...guess I'd rather find a survivor then not find a survivor though.

    That's pretty much a worst-case scenario: teleporting over because you don't have another, better target and jumping straight into being looped is the better solution.

    Sometimes it's someone you'd rather be chasing for other reasons, but that's... about it. Or they're being dumb and doing it in a field, but "my power is viable only if the Survivor catastrophically misplays" is bad power design.

  • @RainehDaze said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2681348#Comment_2681348

    That's pretty much a worst-case scenario: teleporting over because you don't have another, better target and jumping straight into being looped is the better solution.

    Sometimes it's someone you'd rather be chasing for other reasons, but that's... about it. Or they're being dumb and doing it in a field, but "my power is viable only if the Survivor catastrophically misplays" is bad power design.

    Okay.