Have you ever been fooled by Doctor Hallucinations? (in game)
Specifically, have you ever been scared by a hallucination or made a major blunder in chase because of one?
Please share any stories you have! :)
Specifically, have you ever been scared by a hallucination or made a major blunder in chase because of one?
Please share any stories you have! :)
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Not really, but I did spend a good 20 or so seconds trying to break a ghostface out of stealth one time only to discover the killer was a Legion and I'd been looking at a tyre.
I only got scared by an illusionary Doctor once when one appeared on top of a locker near a gen I was working on.
Man whatever you're on I NEED
try 2 hours of sleep and monitor resolution the size of my grades
Listen your secrets are safe with me and the board
I got jumpscared a couple of times by one
I can't tell you how many illusionary pallets I've tried to vault.
No, I'm not dumb.
okay the real truth was just the sleep deprivation and the fact i hadn't drunk water in about 15 hours
I had a hallucination doctor spawn right next to the real doctor when I was trying to get a flashlight save. It was really confusing I didn’t know where to aim
Nope, you outsmarted a video game character, you're really smart. xd
I mean, not even a character, but a still image.
If you think I did. That's your conclusion.
I mean, that's what you said.
The first time I faced a Doctor.
When I first started playing and didn't really know the mechanics or anything, it definitely scared the ######### out of me lol. Then I proceeded to be confused by why he wasn't moving 😂
If you're looping a tile with LoS breakers and a hallucination pops up, then yes, it can cause a moment of hesitation.
Other than that, I don't think so. Although, I remember one Doc using Insidious to try to pose as a hallucination.
that's pretty cool.
I think my own fake pallets are real pallets sometimes.
I'm not very intelligent
me except with freddy when i placed those pallets in the first place
I tried that a couple times. It can work, provided you're standing next to a gen or hooked survivor or something and you're running a Restraint add-on, but Doctor's lack of instadowns/other lethality means the most you'll be getting from it is a single hit.
It is incredibly funny to imagine their reaction, though.
Funny story actually...
Pulled a blonde moment and thought i was facing a Ghostface aswel... i also thought they added a new mask that made him look like he now has a dark mask (like his outfit color) spent atleast a minute or so looking at the tires thinkin "dafuq... why isn't it breaking"
Then apparently i get a nice whack in the back by a tinkerer Bubba...
...Can't say i jumped and screamed like a ######### in my entire life
There are some nights where I'll play this game when I'm tired. A few years ago I was much less likely to look behind me in a chase. Just a habit I hadn't developed yet. So Doctor has an add on that puts a red stain on your back and keeps the terror radius playing right?
I looped the Doctor for a good while, didn't get downed at all. Actually wait he's chasing another survivor and I'm just sitting here with a red stain on me. I hope nobody saw that.
When I was new, his illusions use to scare the crap out of me all the time.
And not so long ago, I was being chased by a Doctor at a T'n'L wall. And at the T wall, I saw that the doctor trying to cut me off, so I changed direction and went the other way. But I then realised that it was an illusion as I was crawling on the ground.