Just out of curiousity: Why do some SWF deny being a SWF?

I just played against my first bully squad as Artist. 4K btw :) I think they got cocky at the end. I'm pretty sure I'm getting at the 'impossible MMR' rating. This squad, as much as I do not like to admit it, would be my limit.

But why in the world would you deny you are a SWF? Does it pain you THAT much to lose? I have 2k hours played and I'd like to think I see the MASSIVE difference between a coordinated team and a solo lobby :D Is your ego that frail?

The facts are that ALL profiles were french, everyone was carrying a flashlight, all of them were shirtless davids and ALL of them were swarming any downed body on top of a pallet. They all had breakout. etc etc. All the necesary bully perks where you barely get pick ups/hooks after downs.

The thing is they almost managed to do it, but they underestimated me. As I pulled the one person on gens into the fray aswell. I was pressuring them so hard, ALL 4 of them had to come for saves :D Honestly I am impressed they even got 3 gens done at the end. As only one of them did gens the majority of the time. I had to start slugging all of them. Which is a playstyle I really do not like, but they forced me to.

They were panicking so hard that they would leave hooked persons on hook to the last second and do gens as a duo. Little did they realize I was running shotgun addons. Stay on gen... You go down.

Honestly this is just a massive win for all killers around. I almost wanted to give up after 5mins, but I sweated it out. This is for all of you in doubt, just like me. Karma be upon you!

PS: If you ever play against a team of all french profiles playing like this, let me know. Cause if this was truly just random odds... Then these ppl were truly some of the best survivors I had ever seen. Very ballsy and they knew exactly how to loop an artist. The only reason I managed to down most of them is because of good guesses on my shotgun build.

Comments

  • In my opinion swf makes the game easier for survivors. But when I play survivor I honestly don't need a swf to play. As I feel swfs makes the game to easy and I'm a type of person who prefers a challenge over an easy victory.

    I honestly don't care if people play swf or not, I honestly don't respect them either. True they may say that they are solo but you can always show them proof that they aren't.

    Why they claim that is because they don't want to called weak or scummy players as they desperately needs their hands held even more to play an easy role of the game.

  • @Ink_Eyes said:

    Sure it may be like that many cases, it hurts their ego to think that they lost as a team but at the same time a lot of killers have an inferiority complex to be honest, I have been accused of playing SWF many times by killers when I play 90% solo queue (10% duo) every time the killer under perform or gets bullied they just assume its a SWF. The irony is that most killers disregard what you say and think you are liying when you are being honest about playing solo LOL.

    This is not just me thinking it. It is a statistical fact that the vast majority of lobbies in high MMR are SWF. You can check this by opening their profiles :) It is only recently that I decided to just accept any lobby and deal with it in order for my mind not to be poisoned before the match even begins. Before that I would always check profiles. Solo lobbies in high MMR exist but are extremely rare.

    Not just that, but it is also extremely rare for me to go up against anyone from West-EU, and all profiles were french :D Coincidence, possibly, but I doubt it. Sadly this group had semi private profiles, as in private friends list, so I could not confirm with 100% certainty.

  • @katoptris said:

    Just like how killers can't admit they're using a sweat build survivors can't admit they are sweating too.

    i’m curious, what is a sweat build? Is it specific to addons or perks?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I do it because it's funny lol

    When you get someone seething who played terribly and couldn't get a kill despite all of us messing around in a corner for half the trial duration seeing them blame SWF as the reason they lost is hilarious, so I say I'm solo just for shits and giggles.

    Also the killers that think they're godtier for killing a swf, when again we're staring at a locker for most of the game, I like to joke around with them too.

    If it's an actually decent/good player with an alright attitude though then I'll happily admit to it. It's allowed in the game, idc

    Tbh just being a swf already is a big advantage

    Even if u are starijg in a lock the intire game the fact the team is intirely coordinated by voice in rescue and heals already makes it a pain

    I dont see ur point there,lol

  • @Shroompy said:

    I mean some times Solos can do very well when it comes to time management, in this case they probably were a SWF and were just trolling. But just think about this: what gain do they get for saying theyre not a SWF? And what do you get for knowing its a SWF? Absolutely nothing, so theres still a good chance they were solos

    People shouldnt feel ashamed for wanting to play with friends

    Did u read the thread's title?? Lol

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2675337#Comment_2675337

    They gain information, and while that is strong that doesn't make them a better player individually, these people will still make tones of mistakes that can make the game turn into your favor

    SWF isn't the reason why you keep losing games

    No one said it makes them stronger, we are saying thats unfair

    Idk what u ever mean by denying it,lol

  • @NoOneKnowsNova said:

    Because some people don't want to be shamed simply for playing with their friends.

    Why would this be a shame? Lolol

  • @N0IDEA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2675250#Comment_2675250

    Tbh just being a swf already is a big advantage

    Even if u are starijg in a lock the intire game the fact the team is intirely coordinated by voice in rescue and heals already makes it a pain

    I dont see ur point there,lol

    SWF are strong because of the coordination, yes.

    If we're spending 10 minutes staring at corners, I hardly see how that's bad for the killer though? Cool we're coordinated at... Pointing towards a totem. Sick.

    You need to get your head out of the mindset that all SWF are game killers who want to literally murder every killer main because this ######### is a video game and people play it for fun. Not every SWF Is the second coming of Marth's Depip Squad.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2676981#Comment_2676981

    SWF are strong because of the coordination, yes.

    If we're spending 10 minutes staring at corners, I hardly see how that's bad for the killer though? Cool we're coordinated at... Pointing towards a totem. Sick.

    You need to get your head out of the mindset that all SWF are game killers who want to literally murder every killer main because this ######### is a video game and people play it for fun. Not every SWF Is the second coming of Marth's Depip Squad.

    Well, u still making no sensen, considering how if everyone would having fun thos thread wouldnt be a thing also

    Plus, if u want to just goofy around with ur friends, fine, u can even sit and loose if u want but definitely most players dont play like that at all.

  • I think some people might say they aren't swf if the killer tries to blame their loss on vs'ing a swf.

    I've played in a 2 man swf where the killer gave up after 1 gen was done and both his totems were gone. Whoever he was chasing also didn't get hit either. My pc friend after the game said he was complaining if your "playing against a 4 man swf you may as well just sit in a corner since it's impossible to win". We were a 2 man but he was adamant we were a 4 man.

    My point is that in scenarios like this 4 mans might just say they aren't in a team, just so the killer won't just blame their loss on "swf op".

  • Massive ego hit if they acknowledge needing extra things to beat a killer. Especially so if they lose while using them.

    I had a group deny it last week and got them in the next lobby.

  • Oh that's easy, they know SWF is broken and not fair to the nature of the game, so they don't want to be exposed as people essentially playing with the biggest handicap ever.

    They want their cake and to eat it too, they want to stomp Killers and pretend they were gods while doing so.

  • @xili84 said:

    I just played against my first bully squad as Artist. 4K btw :) I think they got cocky at the end. I'm pretty sure I'm getting at the 'impossible MMR' rating. This squad, as much as I do not like to admit it, would be my limit.

    But why in the world would you deny you are a SWF? Does it pain you THAT much to lose? I have 2k hours played and I'd like to think I see the MASSIVE difference between a coordinated team and a solo lobby :D Is your ego that frail?

    The facts are that ALL profiles were french, everyone was carrying a flashlight and ALL of them were swarming any downed body on top of a pallet. They all had breakout. etc etc. All the necesary bully perks where you barely get pick ups/hooks after downs.

    The thing is they almost managed to do it, but they underestimated me. As I pulled the one person on gens into the fray aswell. I was pressuring them so hard, ALL 4 of them had to come for saves :D Honestly I am impressed they even got 3 gens done at the end. As only one of them did gens the majority of the time. I had to start slugging all of them. Which is a playstyle I really do not like, but they forced me to.

    They were panicking so hard that they would leave hooked persons on hook to the last second and do gens as a duo. Little did they realize I was running shotgun addons. Stay on gen... You go down.

    Honestly this is just a massive win for all killers around. I almost wanted to give up after 5mins, but I sweated it out. This is for all of you in doubt, just like me. Karma be upon you!

    PS: If you ever play against a team of all french profiles playing like this, let me know. Cause if this was truly just random odds... Then these ppl were truly some of the best survivors I had ever seen. Very ballsy and they knew exactly how to loop an artist. The only reason I managed to down most of them is because of good guesses on my shotgun build.

    I can't say I've asked swf if they were swf, but for me disabling crossplay doesn't help anymore as all the survivors I play against are good.

    Ps: I'm trying to do the tome challenge main attraction and the survivors just finish the first gen within 1-30 seconds of the beginning of the match. Very clearly using profe thy self and brand new parts (almost every match.) It's in their nature. I'm newer than most as I began when Pin head came to the game on console.

  • So what if they're a SWF? Are people really not allowed to play with friends? I may be more bias towards killer at times but seeing killers complain about SWFs constantly really gives me a massive headache.

  • @xili84 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2676550#Comment_2676550

    This is not just me thinking it. It is a statistical fact that the vast majority of lobbies in high MMR are SWF. You can check this by opening their profiles :) It is only recently that I decided to just accept any lobby and deal with it in order for my mind not to be poisoned before the match even begins. Before that I would always check profiles. Solo lobbies in high MMR exist but are extremely rare.

    Not just that, but it is also extremely rare for me to go up against anyone from West-EU, and all profiles were french :D Coincidence, possibly, but I doubt it. Sadly this group had semi private profiles, as in private friends list, so I could not confirm with 100% certainty.

    I don't know where you get those ''statistics'' since the last time the devs released statistics was over 2 years ago and the SWF group only made about 4% of the population back then, that number may have increased but I don't think it grew so much that it makes ''the vast majority of games''


    And yes I have been paired with solo survivors mostly from my area against killers from different countries so it's not like it's impossible to get those lobbies by chance.

  • @Ink_Eyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2676846#Comment_2676846

    I don't know where you get those ''statistics'' since the last time the devs released statistics was over 2 years ago and the SWF group only made about 4% of the population back then, that number may have increased but I don't think it grew so much that it makes ''the vast majority of games''

    And yes I have been paired with solo survivors mostly from my area against killers from different countries so it's not like it's impossible to get those lobbies by chance.

    I get those statistics from personal experience. I can go into the game now and Dodge 10 lobbies in a row, they will all be SWF. That is what high MMR is, if you would be there yourself, you would know that ;) (no offense) Therefor I am not far of with my personal comment on "statistical majority".

    Even if there is only 4%, which I highly doubt, 90% of that 4% will be in high MMR. So yes, it DOES make the vast majority of games for killers that are playing in High MMR.

  • @xili84 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678162#Comment_2678162

    I get those statistics from personal experience. I can go into the game now and Dodge 10 lobbies in a row, they will all be SWF. That is what high MMR is, if you would be there yourself, you would know that ;) (no offense) Therefor I am not far of with my personal comment on "statistical majority".

    Even if there is only 4%, which I highly doubt, 90% of that 4% will be in high MMR. So yes, it DOES make the vast majority of games for killers that are playing in High MMR.

    As you said you couldnt even confirm that the match you had was a full swf since some profiles were private so your logic is flawed from the start, you only want to believe what you want, unless actual data is released there is no way to know and you only want to confirm your own flawed opinion.

  • It’s annoying when every killer assumes they lost bc of swf as a solo queue player though. Both sides have fragile egos though not just one. If there’s one thing about this game it’s that ppl want to feel good about themselves so you get those ppl that lie about being a swf. Just for me personally hearing that is frustrating as most of my solo queue matches are a pure nightmare.

  • @Ink_Eyes said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2678636#Comment_2678636

    As you said you couldnt even confirm that the match you had was a full swf since some profiles were private so your logic is flawed from the start, you only want to believe what you want, unless actual data is released there is no way to know and you only want to confirm your own flawed opinion.

    Never said private. Said semi private. As in only their friendslist was blocked of from public. I could confirm that they all had the same nationality (which is alrdy pretty rare, since I am from EU) and they all had similar hours played (About 3.5k each).

    On top of that I gave another list of facts that was chosen to be ignored by you:

    • All shirtless Davids
    • All flashlights
    • All deadhard + breakout + deliverance ...
    • All swarming me from the start

    But I'm sure that happens in your solo games all the time, A flock of birds just following you around everywhere. Makin sure their baby bird does not get eaten ;) Be naive as much as you want to be :D

    The thing is I already KNOW they were a SWF. My vast experience can easily tell the difference between a skilled solo team and a coordinated (attempt at) bully team. The subject is about "why they deny it".


  • @xili84 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2679394#Comment_2679394

    Never said private. Said semi private. As in only their friendslist was blocked of from public. I could confirm that they all had the same nationality (which is alrdy pretty rare, since I am from EU) and they all had similar hours played (About 3.5k each).

    On top of that I gave another list of facts that was chosen to be ignored by you:

    • All shirtless Davids
    • All flashlights
    • All deadhard + breakout + deliverance ...
    • All swarming me from the start

    But I'm sure that happens in your solo games all the time, A flock of birds just following you around everywhere. Makin sure their baby bird does not get eaten ;) Be naive as much as you want to be :D

    The thing is I already KNOW they were a SWF. My vast experience can easily tell the difference between a skilled solo team and a coordinated (attempt at) bully team. The subject is about "why they deny it".

    So many times I talk using the in game chat to other survivors to change to a specific survivor just because we think it's funny, I had a looby yesterday and I saw a steve and asked the other survivors to change to steve just for the heck of it, unless the devs release statistics it's only your biased and flawed opinion buddy....

1 2 ›