How does your perfect DBD look like?

Personally, I would love if escaping as a survivor was more rare and only happened in situations of extreme teamwork coordination (I don't care about dying as long as I get a few fun chases), the maps were darker like before , there was more blood and better sound for tracking and less powerful perks. More emphasis on stealth instead of having everyone running around and less aura-reading perks.

What about you?

Comments

  • Generator rework to make them more fair and enjoyable and have the killer not feeled force to camp or tunnel. Which then can allow for changes to camping, tunneling, slowdown perks, and second chance perks.

  • killers not wanting everything for survivors continuously nerfed.

    some way to make swf not ######### up the overall balance of the game.

    No unfair, scummy plays from either side. (tunnelling, face camping at start of game or survivors going in with pure intentions of bullying or gen rushing the killer.)

  • Very similar to how it looks now, but games are a little slower and there's more pressure to just leave in the endgame so people can't waste time by teabagging at the exit gate.

    Obviously some balance changes to make all killers able to perform and better map balancing, too, but that's a given.

  • Just remove the toxicity.

  • sadly not what the community nor the devs want at this point and I am not expecting this:


    Definitely more focus on stealth, dark and scary atmosphere. Less running around more sneaky. So more horror and a little less action.

    Focus on chases shouldn’t be lost though, but survivors shouldn’t want to be constantly in chase but the main objective should be to get out of chase instead of wasting the killers time as long as possible.

    when survivors are injured it should be more priority to heal instead of rush the gens.

    avoid survs just hiding without progressing the game by giving them afk crows if they don’t do anything for a set amount of time.

    More to do for survivors in general, gens and most actions outside of direct interaction with killer are just dull, look at my suggestion and I have linked more concepts and suggestions there

    @Mooks said:

    So this is my concept for a second survivor objective, to slow early game and general gen progress down a little bit while making it somewhat interesting for survivor and not be another M1 in one place activity:

    For the current gen and healing speed you have to have metal scraps (screws,tools etc) and herbs respectivley in your ‚inventory‘. both materials are scattered around the map and can be collected. You have a maximum amount you can carry and while repairing/healing they will get depleted. There will be small meters in the UI for the survs so they see how much they have/how fast they get depleted.

    if you are out of materials you can still repair/heal, but at a much slower pace.

    Herbs and scraps have to be collected, there should be a very small pickup animation (kind of like red glyphs but shorter). You can find them anywhere, they are not exactly hidden, and may respawn at new places. Scraps can be detected from a little further away because they shine/ blink a little. Herbs are just growing anywhere and have a distinct look to them. They are a little bit taller so they can easily be spotted. On some indoor maps (or generally) they are growing in mini plant pots (which disappear after collection) (think about Resident Evil HD herbs).

    Many perks/items may get reworked to incorporate those new features, some ideas:

    Botany Knowledge: Either slower depletion, slow auto refill, auras for herbs. There is many possibilities how it could work

    Toolboxes/Health Kits ignore your scraps/herbs meter while they have charges and are used

    Saboteur: Refill your scrap meter after sabotage

    the idea is generally to give survs stuff to do besides gens, especially for early game. But make it engaging: searching around the map, looking in corners where you normally don’t go etc without being constantly on a silver plate for the killer (that still mainly patrols gens and doesn’t get more stations that have to be patrolled). its not actually a mandatory second objective but slowdown without those should be noticeable enough so survs should always try to not have empty meters

    Some of my other concepts (Feedback and suggestions always welcome):

    Killers: The Ice Queen, Hannibal, Charlie(The Darkness), The Blair Witch, The Firebreather, The Photographer

    Survivors: Aria Morrison, Lukas Schmidt, Paitoon Saeli

    Survivor Items: Lighter, Water Bottle, Pocket Knife, Sling Shot, Spray Paint Cans, Salt Pouch, Smoke Bomb, Voodoo Doll, Smudge Sticks

    Game mechanics: Horror tropes, Expanded survivor objectives, Exhaustion Rework, Spiderwebs


  • Well...I have thought about that A LOT.

    Actually, I've done more than that. I have a list of notes, presentations and archives detailing what I would consider a "perfect DBD". If I tried to make an actual, complete Forum post about it, it would most likely be a colossal wall of texts and pictures that not everyone would be willing to read.

    However, if I had to summarize it in a few sentences, I would say my perfect DBD would be a combination of the best things DBD ever had to offer.

    From animations:

    OldAnimation.gif

    To maps and ambience:

    image.png

    And powers:

    image.png

    I would mix everything I ever loved about this game to create a Perfect DBD.

  • @beatddb said:

    Personally, I would love if escaping as a survivor was more rare and only happened in situations of extreme teamwork coordination (I don't care about dying as long as I get a few fun chases), the maps were darker like before , there was more blood and better sound for tracking and less powerful perks. More emphasis on stealth instead of having everyone running around and less aura-reading perks.

    What about you?

    Mm.

    • A comprehensive Code of Behavior (lul) that all players have to agree to, much like the Summoner Code in LoL.
    • Stricter moderation to at least tamp down the rampant toxicity in this community. I'm honestly one or two bad games away from just taking a break.
    • An 'endorsement' system, where killers can give a 'thumbs up' to fun and non-toxic survivors (and vice versa) to reward them with some BP and maybe a minor cosmetic reward at certain breakpoints.
    • A significant balance pass to bring all killers up to 'A' tier, including addons.
    • A robust system of emotes and pings for solo survivors.
    • Baseline Borrowed Time and the BP gains of WGLF on all survivors (note: the former would come after the substantial buff to the majority of killers).
    • Baseline Deerstalker and the BP gains of BBQ on all killers.
    • Monthly 'design a perk'/'design a killer'/'design a skin' contests with the winners being implemented into the game at a later date.
    • SBMM tightened up significantly to prevent smurfing and to ensure more even matches for both sides. No more throwing 280 hour killers into 10,000 hour monster squads because they had a long queue.
    • SBMM improved substantially for survivors, increasing off more than just escapes.
    • Dailies made much more rewarding and giving players a choice of 3 whenever the cooldown is up.
    • Weekly events and bloodhunts.


  • Matchmaking to stop going 100% potato because one side waited a long time and concluding the correct response is "give someone a miserable time".

    None of the exit-wait teabagging clicky-clicky BM. And without people throwing a tantrum because you didn't kill them or their teammate the polite way. Which probably needs a better report system.

    A game balance that means everyone starts off under equal pressure, not "Killer is under huge time pressure until someone's dead early then we flipflop".

    No more useless add-ons/killer powers that only have marginal utility without specific addons--and definitely no powers fully controlled by survivors. More Plague-style tradeoffs for pursuing a secondary objective than "it takes some time", please.

  • @beatddb said:

    Personally, I would love if escaping as a survivor was more rare and only happened in situations of extreme teamwork coordination (I don't care about dying as long as I get a few fun chases), the maps were darker like before , there was more blood and better sound for tracking and less powerful perks. More emphasis on stealth instead of having everyone running around and less aura-reading perks.

    What about you?

    Dbd would be perfect for me if there were no exhaustion perks, neither noed.

    Basically bailout perks, to be able to get 1/2 kills with noed and extend chases by a lot because of a perk.

  • @beatddb said:

    Personally, I would love if escaping as a survivor was more rare and only happened in situations of extreme teamwork coordination (I don't care about dying as long as I get a few fun chases), the maps were darker like before , there was more blood and better sound for tracking and less powerful perks. More emphasis on stealth instead of having everyone running around and less aura-reading perks.

    What about you?

    @GeneralV said:

    Well...I have thought about that A LOT.

    Actually, I've done more than that. I have a list of notes, presentations and archives detailing what I would consider a "perfect DBD". If I tried to make an actual, complete Forum post about it, it would most likely be a colossal wall of texts and pictures that not everyone would be willing to read.

    However, if I had to summarize it in a few sentences, I would say my perfect DBD would be a combination of the best things DBD ever had to offer.

    From animations:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OUKMPDVTUBPD/oldanimation.gif

    To maps and ambience:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ME6YS7A254ZK/image.png

    And powers:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/ESB911AFIIO4/image.png

    I would mix everything I ever loved about this game to create a Perfect DBD.

    I am saddened by the fact I didn't have a good enough pc to get dbd back when it was like that. I would've shet myself.

  • @FilthyLegionMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297849/how-does-your-perfect-dbd-look-like

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2673836#Comment_2673836

    I am saddened by the fact I didn't have a good enough pc to get dbd back when it was like that. I would've shet myself.

    Yeah, DBD has seen better, golden days.

    I wasn't here for everything, but I am glad for what I did manage to experience.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/297849/how-does-your-perfect-dbd-look-like

    Dbd would be perfect for me if there were no exhaustion perks, neither noed.

    Basically bailout perks, to be able to get 1/2 kills with noed and extend chases by a lot because of a perk.

    I'm totally fine with Ex perks - but Dead Hard is too much right now and basically functions as a near permanent third health state unless you horribly misplay.

  • Stealth are strong in this game actually. I hate facing guys who are both good loopers and know when to actually apply stealth. You just lose so much pressure if you can't get into a chase immediately.

  • No hackers and Billys saw dosen't overheat.

    Thats it.

  • sex mod legalised